“Last minute visit”

Ranked #1 of 8 Soufriere B&B and Inns
South Park, Pennsylvania, United States
“Last minute visit”
Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

Our plane was 3 hours late getting in from the states and we were unable to find the facilities we had booked in the dark. We were able to get a room for the night at La Haut. We had a beautiful suite for the night. The next morning we were thrilled with the view of the Pitons and after walking the grounds enjoyed an excellent breakfast. Wished we could have stayed longer.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michele M
Lahaut_Plantation, Front Office at La Haut Resort, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at La Haut Plantation Resort!

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and breakfast.

Once again thank you for your business and comments and we look forward to welcoming you in the not too distant future perhaps for a longer stay.

Cassandra Joseph

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Stayed as a solo traveler for five nights in mid-october, 2013. Bypassed external sites (such as hotels.com or bookings.com) and contacted La Haut directly through their website--was able to book their "Fall Fab" special-upgraded room, breakfast, dinner, and Soufriere experience tour all at a great, off-season rate.

Staff communication via email was fantastic before the trip began. Upon arrival, was on a first-name basis with the helpful staff. Staff helped me arrange airport transportation from the airport (UVF) and a Gros Piton hike (extras-not included in package). Transportation is expensive in St. Lucia--but as a solo traveler staying only in Soufriere a rental car was unnecessary.

Views from my second story "Deluxe Cocoa" room were stunningly spectacular. Slept with my balcony doors open every night, and woke up to views of the Pitons. Rooms come with mosquito nets over the beds, which was useful. Fresh fruit delivered to the room each morning by the staff. There is NO alarm clock in the room-so plan on using an app on your cell phone (if you have service--coming from the states I did not) or bringing your own clock. TV was not working in my room--but given the landscape I had plenty to look at.

La Haut has two pools, one being an infinity pool that overlooks the town of Soufriere and the Pitons. Exactly what I pictured sitting on the edge of the world would look like. Breath-takingly stunning.

Traveling in the off-peak season is recommended if you like your privacy--I had the place to myself for a 1.5 days of my stay.

Ate at the on-site restaurant. Tried something new every night. Lots of the fresh fruits/veggies are grown on-site which is neat. Yes, service isn't as fast as the chain restaurants here in the states-but I enjoyed the downtime between appetizer--dinner--dessert..Everything was being prepared fresh and from scratch. Sat back and enjoyed the views.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank sp174604
Lahaut_Plantation, Front Office at La Haut Resort, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your detailed review regarding your recent stay at La Haut Plantation Resort!

Thank you especially for your great comments about our staff, service and accommodations. We are certain other TripAdvisor users will find your review useful when planning their own vacation.

Once again, thank you and we look forward to welcoming you again to La Haut Plantation Resort in the not too distant future.

Castries, St. Lucia
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I stayed the Journen Kweyol Weekend and Loved It!!! Will definitely go again!!! Love the view, with the Pitons so close. We got to see the donkeys work the cane machine. The creole breakfast was fantastic!!! My family and I will definitely be back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Gilliane969,

Thank you for your review and staying with us.

Your comments are great and appreciated.

Once again, thank you and we look forward to welcoming you and your family again.

Calgary
Reviewed October 29, 2013

My husband and I spent 5 nights at La Haut in mid October. The views of the sea and Pitons were fabulous, especially from the infinity pool but also from our veranda. All the staff were extremely friendly and helpful, suggesting various things to do. They also offer a free shuttle service into town and to the beach which is great for those without a vehicle. The breakfast included was plentiful and varied every day. We also enjoyed a few dinners at La Haut restaurant which were also very good. We had a really relaxing time and look forward to returning one day. Would recommend getting a vehicle for at least one or two days to tour the Soufriere area.

Room Tip: Would recommend staying in an upper floor unit or the cottage for the best veranda views.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for a lovely review!

We are glad that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay.

Once again, thank you for choosing La Haut Plantation Resort and we look forward to welcoming you and your husband back soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Just spent a really superb couple of days here at the end of a week-long trip to St Lucia.
We were in a two storey cottage and couldn't fault the cleanliness, decor and view!
Only (very) minor gripes were that the wireless internet was never working properly and we could have done with a filter coffee machine in the kitchen.
Breakfasts were not great but I suspect this was because the hotel was so quiet out of season - which meant we got both of the pools to ourselves!!
It's a really good base from which to explore Soufriere, Chastanet etc. although having your own car is definitely a plus if you want to do this.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Alistair V,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay at La Haut Plantation Resort!

We are pleased to know that you enjoyed all our offerings and we apologize for the minor inconveniences that you experienced during your stay.

Once again thank you for choosing La Haut Plantation Resort and St Lucia as your vacation destination. We look forward to hosting you again in the not too distant future.

Vancouver
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I was able to stay only one night and would love to return to La Haut and Soufriere. My room was beautiful, the cow wandering past my balcony was charming, the dinner and breakfast tasted good to me (perhaps I'm not as discerning as some guests, but I liked it and I didn't find it that expensive), and the view from my balcony, well it doesn't get any better. As it was August, things were perhaps a little quiet, but I'm certain they upgraded me to a better room than I'd reserved, so overall, I have to say I was very pleased with my stay here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Lahaut_Plantation, Front Office at La Haut Resort, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at La Haut Plantation Resort! We are very pleased with your positive feedback.

Once again thank you for choosing La Haut Plantation Resort and St Lucia as your vacation destination. We look forward to hosting you again perhaps for a longer stay.

New York City, New York
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We were not staying at the hotel however we stopped by to have dinner a the restaurant to enjoy the great view on the Pitons.

The place was empty but the staff very welcoming, especially the bartender. Even tough the restaurant was still empty 1 hour after our arrival, the service was super-slow.

The worst part of this experience was the food:

Appetizer: the Sesame scallops were tasteless and overcooked, probably frozen before being cooked

Entree: Our fish could have been good but was really burned and overcooked. No responsible chef would agree to serve a such plate.

With only 2 appetizers/entrees, our bill was already $185!

Of course... they also tried a last rip-off on us, converting USD to XCD (East Caribeean Dollars) at a rate of 2.45. The habit on the island is 2.60 almost everywhere, 2.70 at best and 2.50 at worst.

Conclusion: nice view but a cook who ruined our dinner

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank John D
La Haut P, Front Office at La Haut Resort, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your taking time to comment regarding your dining experience at our Delice Restaurant and bar!

Thank you for also bringing this matter to our attention.

We look forward to another opportunity to serve you better.