“Needs a cosmetic makeover.”
Review of La Haut Resort

La Haut Resort
Ranked #1 of 8 Soufriere B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Whilst working in St Lucia stayed 3 nights at La Haut in late July over a weekend and it should be noted that is was low season.
Positives -
Views to die for, fantastic scenery. Two nice swimming pools including the owners infinity pool with the Pitons as a backdrop.
Service - Very polite and efficient, the food was fantastic.
Negatives
Was resonably priced as we stayed in one of the more basic room and found the decor and fittings to be very basic and shoddy.
Had an ants nest in my bathroom which for some reason attracted to the bathroom mat. That got chucked out.
Now this might just be me but found the room to have a strong chlorine type smell. A work collegue suggested that this may have been the Lilly plants that were resident there!! Who knows.
I have to agree with others that the communal areas, like the decking and around the pool were in a desperate need of decoration.
The swimming pools needed additional cleaning as at times were very uninviting due to the pollen seeds and other follage in them.
I would like to add on a positive note, if I was back in St Lucia I would definately return for a few days as hopefully the faults can easily be rectified. What you cannot replace is the absolutely fantastic views and the service that the staff endevour to provide.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Scarletfez
There are newer reviews for La Haut Resort

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Often hotel photos only show A great view that it is just possible to see and a room that is nothing like the one you end up in. Well don't worry, the view of the Pitons is truly amazing from wherever you are on this plantation and the photos are exact. We stayed in the end room on the first floor of the plantation house. Fresh fruit was supplied daily, water in the fridge on arrival and hibiscus flowers adorned the room and bed. The view was amazing, sitting on the balcony was so relaxing. Walk the owners property and see all the animals. Take a torch at night and investigate the sound of the night creatures and insects. Watch out for large land crabs! This is not Rodney bay or a commercialised area, that's why we loved it.Staff very friendly, restaurant superb with only fresh local produce served. breakfast was cooked to order, with local fruit juices, tamarind and sugar apple were in season in August, make sure and have the creole bread.

Room Tip: I think there were other rooms elsewhere on the property, don't know if they had air conditionin...
Reviewed September 2, 2012

OMG!!!!! Wonderful scenery and view from our room. Very helpful and courteous staff(Cassandra and Glenda) Very nice and scrumptious creole breakfast. Fresh fruits in the room daily was an added plus. I really didn't wanna leave LOL, but we are denifitely going to return soon. Thank you guys for all you did to make our stay special!!!

Reviewed August 21, 2012

What can i say, thought i had saw everything,, but the view of the piton's was breath taking.... the plantation and its staff were great... the owners inifinity pool just made us speechless.... food was first class and seeing the animals and the fruit growing on the plantation was something i will always remember,,, we stayed at cashew number 1. a lovely room with a four poster bed, mosqi net and everything. only thing was that due to the heat we would have needed 2 ceiling fans as one was not enough.... or air conditioning would help. all in all one of my best holidays. :)

3  Thank broxi08
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Absolutely fabulous views and location above st Lucia with stunning vista to the Pitons. The room was huge, very clean and well laid out, with a wonderful balcony where I parked my bicycle ~ the bike has never ever had such a glorious resting place! Staff were lovely, and the infinity pool is a magical experience, watching the sun set whilst in the pool was one of the best memories I have. The food is clean and healthy and tasty. As a picky single female traveller, this was an ideal place to stay and I felt very privileged that this was my first place to stay in st Lucia. It started my holiday in the best way possible, and contributed to the great time I had whilst travelling round there. I would wholeheartedly recommend La Haut.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Sam L
Reviewed July 31, 2012

You will not find a better place to view the beautiful Pitons. But I did not sleep well at all in our room. We were in the Cashew rooms which provide great views but no AC. I have read in other reviews that there are rooms with AC but they do not have as good or any views of the Pitons.The room had a fan but was so noisy we had to turn it off. We heard our neighbors from about 1am to 3am. We had a great big patio and a large room I just wish there was a standing fan or AC. We used the owners vanishing edge pool, which has amazing views. Dinner was good not great, the free breakfast was good. Great views from the restaurant. Overall, the room and property are very pretty but the lack of AC will make me try somewhere new when I return to St.Lucia.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KristinDelaney
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We stayed at La Haut 10 nights in April/May and truly enjoyed every bit of it. If youa re looking for a fancy exclusive place this isn't it but for us it was exactly what we were looking for. Wonderful property and great friendly staff. We had the Cashew1 room and we believe it is the best room on the property. The view is unbeatable! Air condition would be great but not having it didn't take away from our great experience. We loved the plantation settings and enjoyed the farm feel with the animals. We would definitely go back!!

Room Tip: The premium vista rooms, especially Cashew 1
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple