“NEVER judge a book by its cover!!!”
Review of Sulphur Springs

$121.00*
Pirates' Day Cruise Adventure from St Lucia
Ranked #3 of 36 things to do in Soufriere
More attraction details
Owner description: An enormous crater where boiling black water sprays hydrogen sulfide into the air.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I was soooooo grossed out when we arrived and I saw the tiny little pool of supposed mud. Thinking back I'm still amazed I actually got in. I'm SO GLAD I did! Believe me, the mud is there and you don't have to stay in the little pool which feels amazing by the way! You can walk up the creek aways and get fresh mud from the creek bed. Everyone I was with including myself felt like a new person after this experience. Please give it a chance . . . you won't regret it. Because I knew it was something I wanted to experience I made sure to pack an old, brown swimsuit so as not to ruin a nicer, newer one.

2  Thank kaelinfloydd

Reviewed May 26, 2013

quite a drive, but a very safe place. You need to walk in the forest on a well established path, and will be very surprised at how nice and laid back the pools are, the water is spa warm, very nice place !

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Our guide explained the geologic details of the "drive in volcano" and pointed out the pools and waterfalls nearby, along with some local history. The slight sulfur in the air adds to witnessing the living earth.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

The water was boiling and the sulphur smelled, but covering oneself in clay was a lot of fun. It was really entertaining watching the people from all over allow there guides to rub mud on them and then douse them with boiling water.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

We heard a lot about the "drive-in volcano" and sulfur springs, so our expectations were high. It certainly was interesting, but it didn't quite live up to the hype. Yes, it's quite smelly due to the sulfur, but that didn't bother me at all. Watching the hot water bubbling up from the earth was pretty cool. Unfortunately, there are some aggressive craft vendors that don't like to take a polite "no, thank you" for an answer. We did do the mud bath, and that was pretty fun, except that it started pouring rain just before we finished up. The mud certainly left my skin feeling wonderful. I do wish that the water had been just a little bit warmer.