“A spectacular tour... with added zip!”

Morne Coubaril Estate
$122.99*
St Lucia West Coast Catamaran Cruise to Soufriere and Sulphur Springs
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: St. Lucia's All In One Experience right here in Soufriere! Located on an 18th century estate near to the World Heritage Pitons and the famous Sulphur Springs volcano. We have lots for you to do and we offer activities for every member of the family. Learn about our local history and culture from our working plantation, you'll even get to taste along the tour. Grab your adventure buddy for an exciting zip line through the canopy with great views of the Pitons. Hop on a horse and explore the estate cowboy style, ride into the volcano and the beach. Take a hike through the lush rainforest and experience a natural spa treatment at a mineral waterfall. You'll work up quite the appetite but don't worry we serve a delicious local creole buffet lunch in our open-air restaurants. Browse our gingerbread gift shop and buy some of our locally made chocolate (yum!). Stroll and take photos on our beautiful estate at your own speed and take in the many views. Explore and be enchanted.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase
Reviewed June 5, 2013

This tour was an unexpected high point of my first visit to St. Lucia.

My wife and I e-mailed David two days before we landed in order to ensure that they were open for business on the public holiday of Corpus Christi (they were).

When we arrived, we were treated to a wonderful tour of a truly beautiful estate. Our tour guide was Sevra, a patient, kind woman who was very knowledgeable and friendly. The estate itself is made interesting through a great house, some replica workers' quarters, a working cocoa house and a donkey-operated cane mill. There were also a few additional surprise sights ;).

The tour is on flat land (very accessible), and while it lasts about 30 mins, the distances travelled is very short.

After the tour, however, my wife and I decided to take adventure on and we signed up for the Soufriere Hotwire Zip Line Rides which are located on site.

14 lines, 8 platforms, one helluva lot of fun!

Great job, guys! You earned this review.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

The plantain was beautiful. However the unhappy irritated tour guide rushed us as we were attempting to take in the beauty. We barely had a second to even take pictures. She made the experiance not as welcoming as it could have been. We loved taking pictures of the homes that slaves used to live in. Compared to what the master lived in it was ashame. I couldn't imagine being back in those days the treatment they were given. I definitely would not tell someone to go to this tour only because you do not get to enjoy the beauty as you do at the other plantain we visted CoCo plantation.

dlk1010, Owner at Morne Coubaril Estate, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Dominique,

Your experience is most regretted as this is not the level of service and visitor experience that my team have become known for. If you can recall the specific day and time of your visit, it would assist my team in ensuring that no other visitor encounters a similar irritant. Rest assured that your comments are taken to heart and I have already counselled my team leaders to reinforce our highest level of personalised attention. My sincerest apologies and hope that your experience did not take away from your otherwise enjoyable stay in St.Lucia.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

My husband and I recently visited the estate during a Caribbean Cruise. I am a full time wheelchair user but I love new adventures. When they said they could arrange zip lining I was very excited but nervous when they mentioned 187 steps!! The guides Jimmy, Bradly and Emry were totally amazing. They were very thoughtful, kind and understanding and carried me up and down all the steps so I could have "fun" like all. I was not made to feel a burden and they were very very strong with big smiles and made it a totally wonderful experience.
Safety was paramount and I felt comfortable in their trusting arms. Everything was very well organised and thought through before we started and there kindness was almost over whelming as the boundaries for disabled were abolished.
Thank you all and in particular David, the Estate Manager for arranging this for us and sorting the taxi transfer when the ship docked at an alternative berth.
The Estate tour was very interesting and the views amazing. This was followed by a delicious creole lunch and all this for 99 USD each. It was exceptional value for money and made our holiday very special.

1  Thank SallyCoe2801
Reviewed May 8, 2013

My husband and I went to Morne Coubrail as part of our shore excursion during a recent cruise to St. Lucia. We were met at the estate by a tour guide who took us around the property and explained how the servants lived, how cocoa was grown and roasted and all about the sugar cane on the property. It was a nice tour. Afterward, we went zip lining through the property. Charley and Sendy-Ann were our guides and they were great! The zip lining was a lot of fun. ***** We booked our shore excursions through Shore Excursion Group, rather than through the cruise line. The prices were better, different tours were offered (like the one mentioned above) and of the 3 tours we booked, we were the ONLY couple on 2 of them making it a private tour!

1  Thank katebruder
Reviewed April 26, 2013

This was a really fun tour. Ate some coconut right off the tree which was soo good, tried coco bean chocolate in raw state and loved seeing the donkey doing his thing very proudly... Getting paid in sugar cane!