“Nice biking, good food, and great snorkeling too!”
Review of Bike St. Lucia

Bike St. Lucia
More attraction details
Owner description: A bike company offering rides through the snaky trails of Anse Mamin.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Nice biking, good food, and great snorkeling too!”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

We had a cruise stop in Castries, St. Lucia and decided to visit Bike St. Lucia rather than do an excursion through the cruise line. My son and I did mountain/jungle biking through Bike St. Lucia, and my wife and daughter did the snorkeling tour through their affiliated site, Jungle Reef Adventures. We all agreed it was the best outing of our cruise!

For biking, we had a nice tour around the old plantation after we were fitted to our bikes. The bikes were in pretty good condition, and the tour was nice and friendly, and showed us the different trails we could take. Then we biked on our own until lunchtime (and could have afterward if we wanted).

The trails are decent (great for Caribbean) single and double track, and the place is nicely maintained -- also there are said to be no snakes (thanks to the importing of the Mongoose). They have trails of different levels, though most are Beginner level (as far as MTB trails are concerned), with a bit of climbing here and there but not many rock/rooty/technical sections. I was riding with my 7 year old son (who rides MTB with me a lot) and the trails were great for us -- we did not ride the hardest trail, Tinker's Trail, as I thought the climbs and drop offs might be a bit much for him.

My wife and daughter were brought from their snorkeling tour to the bike area, and we all had lunch together. They had fish and I had chicken, and both were quite good, as were the side dishes and dessert. During lunch, my wife and daughter raved about the snorkeling so much that my son and I decided to take the boat over to the snorkeling beach with them after lunch.

While there is a beach near the biking trails, the other beach they have is better for snorkeling. The water was truly crystal clear -- clearer than almost anywhere else I've been in the Caribbean. Lots of rocks/reefs not far from the beach that you could easily swim to, with TONS of different fish to see. If you've ever been snorkeling at Chankanaab in Cozumel, I'd say it is about that good.

We had a great day, and they got us back to the pier in plenty of time before our 4:30 cruise ship boarding deadline. I highly recommend Bike St. Lucia/Jungle Reef Adventures for some of the best biking AND snorkeling in the Caribbean!

Visited November 2012
2 Thank RobT70

London
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Awesome jungle biking with informative tour too”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

his was one of the highlights of our honeymoon in Saint Lucia this October. The biking is in-shore from the Anse Mamin beach, accessible just north of Anse Chastanet by foot or water taxi.

We fancied a bit of exercise and expected to turn up, rent the bikes and just explore so it was a little unusual to have a detailed explanation of how to use the brakes and change gears as well as a guided tour of some of the riding routes. The bikes were very good quality Cannondales, the route is shaded, and we didn't find it too buggy. This turned out to be really fun and great activity to do as a couple.

Joevin, our guide, was really chirpy and entertaining, stopping periodically for our group of four cyclists to explain the potential routes we could take, pointing out flora and picking various fruits for us to try (so tasty) and even opening a cocoa pod for us to try (like science fiction by the way – feels a bit like opening an alien pod and eating its brain!)

We also saw the site of the old sugar plantation and he explained its history and the production process. There's an old ruined house of the original plantation owner that's viewable too.

After 45 mins to an hour of being guided you can roam free around the various trails which have different levels of difficulty. We stuck to the “novice” and “adventurous” options but found there were often little off-trail options that I could have a go on to make life interesting while my wife stuck to the main routes. We lasted another hour and a half or so before being too hot to continue so we retired to the beach for a tasty lunch.

Visited October 2012