If you want all the peace, privacy and accommodation that go with a private villa rental but also the amenities of a small boutique hotel this is your place. Based totally on Trip Advisor reviews I selected Stonefield for our vacation between Christmas and New Years. While I sometimes think one can "research" a trip too much and lose some of the magic of discovering a new place...it is really important that you understand the type of property you are booking. We had previously stayed at Windjammer Landing and Jalousie so I was clear on what I did not want (these resorts are both fine just not what I wanted for this trip). Stonefield has about 19 (I think) villas of various sizes etc, and I worked with Denalia in the reservation office to select one. She was very helpful.I took one without pool called Flamboyant because it looked like a very private location without much possibility of noise. They have now added pools to most all of the villas and this one will be considered one of the most expensive. The pool is so beautiful and really gives the illusion of an infinity pool as you look out at the sea. The views are incredible. The process of selecting the villa is a little confusing because it is hard to figure out locations etc. We took the "Escape Package" which included airport transfers (very prompt) massages (with Sandra excellent) taxes etc. All staff at the hotel were helpful, polite and efficient..always a pleasant greeting when you encountered them. Ate every dinner in the Mango Tree and food was good, yes service can be slow but where are you going and "Belkiss" will always be checking on your table. Although she is a server she also has such a great personality that she gets to know everyone. I liked the hotel because it is small enough to be quiet and feel at home but management and staff do not hover. They are there if you need them but not intrusive. The couple of times we needed something fixed in the villa it was done promptly with a smile.Many honeymooners and families this week and all guests were friendly but respectful of each other's privacy. With the openair nature of the villas (there are screens) if you had very loud party types in the villas close to you could be a problem but Stonefield does not seem to draw a crowd like that. Highly recommend Stonefield for honeymooners or anyone else seeking a vacation to relax and feel like you are in another world. Took the free shuttle to Jalousie beach..you can get towels there and spend the day..they pick up at 3:30pm. Great beach there. We did not like the food at Jalousie and found a tiny place next door called "Bang" where a bunch of people hang out when not on their yachts and while it looked sort of run down the food was very good and reasonable compared to Jalousie. Also took shuttle to Soufriere for some basic supplies the first day and apart from that would not find anything interesting in that town. Got more rain than expected for the "dry" season and can get a little boring if weather does not cooperate. Taxi fares very high and for anyone that feels comfortable driving (winding roads and left side of road) I would highly recommend a car rental to really be able to explore the island. Most of the mega resorts and duty free shopping and cruise crowds are in the northern part of the island and with the road situation etc. you want to be sure to locate on the end of the island that suits your vacation goals. The south is definitely the quiet end with more atmosphere. Every guest I spoke with just loved it there and no matter what villa they were in thought the views were great. It is obviously a very well run hotel and Mr. Brown is doing an excellent job. If you chose Stonefield odds are it will exceed your expectations..it did for us!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is located on 27 lush acres near the rain forest and what is now a world heritage site. It is therefore secluded yet in the heart of all of St.Lucia's natural attractions like the open volcano, botanical gardens, rain forest, waterfalls, and other fine dining to enhance your experience of the island's local flavour. It captures the famous Petit Piton and Caribbean sea. Its villas have an open air design with 4 poster beds, hammocks, private garden showers and private pools. This resort was rated the number 1 resort in Soufriere by discriminating travelers - TripAdvisor. Please note that all guests at Stonefield must be 18 and over. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, West Indies, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Stonefield Estate Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stonefield Estate Villa Resort And Spa
- Stonefield Estate Villa Hotel
- Stonefield Estate Hotel
- Stonefield Estate Resort St. Lucia/Soufriere