“honeymooner” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Stonefield Estate Resort

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Stonefield Estate Resort
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Soufriere
“honeymooner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2005

The resort was great. The rooms were imaculate. The hammock on the porch was really nice, andI loved the fruit basket when we arrived. The food at the restuarant was amazing. I have to say that the waitstaff is absolutely the best waitstaff I've ever seen. They are happy to answer questions about local food and culture. Stonefield is close to many attractions on the island, like the Pitons, scuba diving, the rianforest, and many others. All activities that you might want to do can be booked through the resort which is nice.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2005

We just got back from our honeymoon at Stonefield. We had read all the reviews before choosing Stonefield and St. lucia as our destination and we wanted everyone to know that we were very happy with what we found once there. The place is even more beautiful then the pitures show, if you are looking for the perfect, private and secluded honeymoon spot Stonefield is it. The food at the restaurant was fantastic each time we ate there. We highly recommend it to any couple who enjoys beautiful scenery and the feeling of being in paradise. The staff was friendly and accomodating, we were so pleased we hardly left our villa (Frangipani). Thank you to all the staff and the manager Aly, we hope to see you very soon. Thank you for making our honeymoon perfect.
Federica & Zoran

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2005

My husband and I just got back from a week long stay at Stonefield. It was amazing!! When I close my eyes, I'm taken back to our romantic little pool where we watched hummingbirds flutter around bananas. The service was fantastic, the staff so nice. We especially appreciated Francisca getting us an additional fan that made sleeping much more comfortable. We also greatly appreciated Anthony taking us to and from the beaches and telling us about the island, and must also mention the wonderful waitstaff of the Mango Tree restaurant. Thanks to Belkiss and all of the other servers for making us feel so welcome! I was also impressed that the management of Stonefield took the suggestions of previous trip advisor reviewers -- for instance, when we arrived we had a complimentary bottle of water (and coffee packet) in our fridge and were provided an umbrella and flashlight -- though we did not have to use either. If you enjoy being in nature, then Stonefield is the secluded, romantic, tropical paradise for you. I loved the outdoor shower, with banana leaves as the canopy. We got a lot of use out of our hammock overlooking the Petit Piton and Carribean Sea. Be sure to bring repellant if mosquitoes love you the way they love me and remember that Stonefield is a romantic, nature lovers dream, but probably not for those who prefer big mainstream resorts. I will also mention that prices in St. Lucia are anything but inexpensive. Be prepared to spend quite a bit on food and airport transfers.

9 Thank islandrems
Hove
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2005

my husband and i stayed at stonefield in january 2005 for the first week of our honeymoon in st lucia. the staff were very helpful even before we arrived by arranging a driver from the airport and upgrading our villa accommodation. we arrived at stonefield in darkness - waking up to the amazing view of petit piton was just the best surprise ever and we both agreed it was the most beautiful place either of us have ever been. the memory of lying on the hammock with hummingbirds fluttering around keeps me going at times of stress back home!
the food at the mango tree restaurant was awesome - as a non meat-eater i was pleasantly surprised to be able to eat something different each night. trips out are easy, soufriere is just about walkable, the jalousie beach was nice, volcano was cool and ladera resort only a 10 min drive in a cab. bit disappointed with anse chastenet which was busy and not worth going to unless you are diving - we got told off for lying in front of hotel guests on the beach! we spent the second week of our holiday in royal st lucian, which was also lovely but we missed the peace and quiet of stonefield. only negative thing was mosquitoes at night, but a/c would probably compromise the whole open air feel of the place. no need to describe the resort - just look at the pics!

• Stayed January 2005
6 Thank RachelHove
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2005

We stayed at Stonefield for our honeymoon and couldn't have been more pleased. The staff was very friendly and accommodating--our every wish was granted. We were having dinner at the Mango Tree and I mentioned that I liked the music that was playing. The next morning on the way to our scheduled tour our driver stopped at a local record shop so that we could pick up a copy of the CD. This is only one example of the many times the staff went out of their way to make sure we were happy. Our villa was incredible! The pictures on the website did not do it justice. We had a breathtaking view of the ocean and Petit Piton from our terrace. We could even see the ocean from our shower! The villa was impeccably clean throughout our stay. We felt secluded in our own little paradise--perfect for a honeymoon! The beaches at Jalousie and Anse Chastanet were beautiful, but we were eager to return back to Stonefield where it was quiet and we were able to enjoy the feel of the island. The rainforest and waterfall tours that can be arranged through the resort should not be missed! We had a wonderful stay at Stonefield and recommend it to anyone wishing to escape the crowds at the larger resort chains. We will cherish the memories of our vacation to St. Lucia forever.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2005

This was our first trip to a Carribbean island, and we chose Stonefield Villas because of the great website - and the place was just as we expected. We stayed in the Orchid, and it was great - very private, a great view, just big enough, a good bed, and a great garden bathroom (I would suggest placing screening above the planted area.) The staff was courteous and helpful, especially the women at The Mango Tree (especially Bellkiss!), and the food was great! I am a vegetarian, and Mrs. Brown wrote up a list of menu items from which I could choose for that week - the ones I selected were excellent! We did expect better beach access, and a prettier beach "at the bottom of the hill", but the short drive over to the Jalousie Beach was fine, and there we found the beach you expect to see on the islands. We had rented a car at the Vieux Fort airport, but found that driving on the left on the narrow winding roads was too nerve-wracking for any distance, and we ended up going on their tours a lot anyway. So, if we go back, we'll use their shuttle service and save the $400.
On Saturday, about half-way through the visit I had the experience I hope never to repeat. We had just started down from the top of the Petite Piton (yes, the one in the picture!) and I slipped going through "the rabbit hole" (I found out later I had broken a bone in my foot). After I had made it back to the Villas, the staff was MOST concerned, and came over to clean my scrapes, bring ice for my swollen foot as well as other cold medicinal beverages :-), and the next morning, a stout walking staff, freshly cut from one of their trees. Aly Brown paid me a visit to make sure I was OK, and I told him I doubted other places would have been that attentive.
I agree with another writer that complimentary coffee in the villa would be nice, but I didn't mind the walk over to the Mango Tree to get a pot of coffee (and it gave me a chance to find a fresh mango for our morning shake!) Speaking of food, if you go in the season, you will be able to OD on mangos. And, be sure to eat a red avocado - they are the best ever, not like what we get in the States. Also, be sure to try a Piton beer, either the regular brew or the ginger Shandy!

• Stayed June 2005
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Fairport, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2005

I think the pictures tell it all. Excellent location, accomodations!

Flew into Viuex Fort and when we landed the plane filled with fog since it came from high altitude and landed in steamy St. Lucia. Caught St. Lucia Helicoptors for flight to Jelouise landing pad and taxi ride to Stonefield.

We stayed in Rain Tree which had a plunge (we upgraded a couple of weeks before vacation to a plunge pool and it was a great choice). Since these are open air villas you get the sounds and feel of the Island. Brought along a small tape recorder to tape the night nioses and listen to them some nights back at home, especially on a cold winter night.

Food was OK, kind of bland, but plentiful, we opted for the all inclusive. The staff at the Mango Tree restaurant as well at Stonefield were great. They went out of their way to make our vacation enjoyable.

Upon our return to the airport we asked if we could stop at the Lighthouse and the Stonefield management was more than helpful. After dropping off a group for an early flight they droive us up to the Lighthouse for some amazing views and then back to the airport for our flight.

All in all I would definitely go back to St. Lucia and Stonefield Estates!

4 Thank jjgalusha58
Also consider these accommodations in or near Soufriere
Jade Mountain Resort
Cap Maison
Cap Maison
#2 of 4 in Cap Estate
Capella Marigot Bay Resort and Marina

Been to Stonefield Estate Resort? Share your experiences!