This was our first trip to a Carribbean island, and we chose Stonefield Villas because of the great website - and the place was just as we expected. We stayed in the Orchid, and it was great - very private, a great view, just big enough, a good bed, and a great garden bathroom (I would suggest placing screening above the planted area.) The staff was courteous and helpful, especially the women at The Mango Tree (especially Bellkiss!), and the food was great! I am a vegetarian, and Mrs. Brown wrote up a list of menu items from which I could choose for that week - the ones I selected were excellent! We did expect better beach access, and a prettier beach "at the bottom of the hill", but the short drive over to the Jalousie Beach was fine, and there we found the beach you expect to see on the islands. We had rented a car at the Vieux Fort airport, but found that driving on the left on the narrow winding roads was too nerve-wracking for any distance, and we ended up going on their tours a lot anyway. So, if we go back, we'll use their shuttle service and save the $400.
On Saturday, about half-way through the visit I had the experience I hope never to repeat. We had just started down from the top of the Petite Piton (yes, the one in the picture!) and I slipped going through "the rabbit hole" (I found out later I had broken a bone in my foot). After I had made it back to the Villas, the staff was MOST concerned, and came over to clean my scrapes, bring ice for my swollen foot as well as other cold medicinal beverages :-), and the next morning, a stout walking staff, freshly cut from one of their trees. Aly Brown paid me a visit to make sure I was OK, and I told him I doubted other places would have been that attentive.
I agree with another writer that complimentary coffee in the villa would be nice, but I didn't mind the walk over to the Mango Tree to get a pot of coffee (and it gave me a chance to find a fresh mango for our morning shake!) Speaking of food, if you go in the season, you will be able to OD on mangos. And, be sure to eat a red avocado - they are the best ever, not like what we get in the States. Also, be sure to try a Piton beer, either the regular brew or the ginger Shandy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is located on 27 lush acres near the rain forest and what is now a world heritage site. It is therefore secluded yet in the heart of all of St.Lucia's natural attractions like the open volcano, botanical gardens, rain forest, waterfalls, and other fine dining to enhance your experience of the island's local flavour. It captures the famous Petit Piton and Caribbean sea. Its villas have an open air design with 4 poster beds, hammocks, private garden showers and private pools. This resort was rated the number 1 resort in Soufriere by discriminating travelers - TripAdvisor. Please note that all guests at Stonefield must be 18 and over. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with West Indies, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Stonefield Estate Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stonefield Estate Villa Hotel
- Stonefield Estate Villa Resort And Spa
- Stonefield Estate Hotel
- Stonefield Estate Resort St. Lucia/Soufriere