Coming from the Northeast winter of 2014 and arriving here was something truly remarkable. From the southern airport to the resort took 40-50 min with an excellent driver named Dave. We turned off the main road and arrived at the reception porch where they welcomed us with a simple fresh non-alcoholic beverage made from a local fruit that was refreshing way to get in the spirit. The staff was helpful and friendly in this oasis of beautiful views, perfect weather and complete relaxation by design. Having just flown in from NYC the tranquility was almost a shocking. The rooms have no TV's to reinforce the notion of relaxation. The Wifi worked well to stay obligatorily connected and the rooms had iPod players for music. Our bungalows had a private perfectly maintained pool (someone came every day to clean). The view from the porch was intoxicating. You could move from lounge chairs, to rocking chairs to hammock to pool and repeat... The rooms were simple, spacious, included a small kitchen and well maintained. The shower was outside in a very private alcove. We left the doors opened at night with almost no bugs and perfect temperatures for sleeping.
The Mango Tree restaurant located on site was one of the best features of the place. Alcee is the manager and takes extraordinary care of all the details, helping even mentor the young servers. True St. Lucia culture and warmth. In front is a beautiful pool (if you get tired of the one in the bungalow) with chairs to lounge and always ready to bring a drink or beer. The breakfast that was included was varied and well prepared. The fresh fruit is both unusual and delicious. All the meals were terrific with the dining area having a perfect view of the Pitons and the harbor.
Sugar Beach, where the shuttle from the facility takes guests, is a beautiful beach embedded within one of St. Lucia's 5 star resorts. Though as a place to stay, I would rather staying at Stonefield Estates.
The one only shortcoming is that the walk into town is not quaint nor is the town itself. It is very much a town where locals are getting by and doing their best. We did walk into town one morning for the farmers market where we were able to purchase great produce for a reasonable price from vendors at the roadside.
Overall I would very very highly recommend Stonefield as a true get away for peace, quiet and relaxation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is located on 27 lush acres near the rain forest and what is now a world heritage site. It is therefore secluded yet in the heart of all of St.Lucia's natural attractions like the open volcano, botanical gardens, rain forest, waterfalls, and other fine dining to enhance your experience of the island's local flavour. It captures the famous Petit Piton and Caribbean sea. Its villas have an open air design with 4 poster beds, hammocks, private garden showers and private pools. This resort was rated the number 1 resort in Soufriere by discriminating travelers - TripAdvisor. Please note that all guests at Stonefield must be 18 and over. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, West Indies, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Stonefield Villa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stonefield Estate Villa Hotel
- Stonefield Estate Villa Resort And Spa
- Stonefield Estate Hotel
- Stonefield Estate Resort
- Stonefield Villa Resort St. Lucia/Soufriere