We stopped for 10 nights in June on our delayed honeymoon, having first spent 5 days in New York. The change of pace was just what we needed - from the moment we arrived we were made to feel special. We stopped in the Oleander Villa with views over the sea and Petit Piton - absolutely stunning.
The room cleanliness was great, and the private plunge pool and room were cleaned daily. Other reviewers have stated here that wi-fi is only available at reception and in the restaurant - whilst generally true we could get a signal from Oleander by the pool. Having said that, unless you really need to be connected for business then put the laptop away and soak in the superb atmosphere of this place and the views to die for.
The villa has an outside table and hammock big enough for two, private plunge pool with loungers, a lounge and kitchen and the bedroom. Bathroom has double sinks and an outside shower. All rooms were of a great size. The villa is totally private with no overlooking views from other villas. There is no phone in the villas - you are given a mobile phone for your stay with which to call reception which worked just fine.
Some work was being carried out on an adjacent villa during our stay which was occaisionally intrusive but not sustained or loud enough to cause a major issue. The loudest noise we had during our stay was the cicadas and frogs at night - the villas are set into mountainous jungle after all. They were seriousll loud, which we foudn very restful, but might not be to everyone's taste.
Stonefield is one of 5 or so luxury complexes in this the west part of the island, the main party centre is in the north of the island over an hour away, so if you want real party atmosphere this is not the place for you. Stonefield is right on top of the majority of the natural attractions in the area such as the (extremely) hot springs, various walks, plantation tours etc. It's worth mentioning that in some of the other luxury resorts in the area Aircon is not always available - It was very hot & humid when we visited and I was very glad that our bedroom had a very modern efficient (and near-silent) aircon unit.
The hotel is on the mountainside and does not have its own beach. A free shuttle van is run several times a day down to Sugar Beach (part of the Jalouise resort) and back, but we found hiring a car was the best option. The main roads here are of decent quality and lit at night, though they are twisty and have steep dropoffs. Anyone used to driving in the UK countryside would have very little problem, but those use to large wide straight roads might want to think carefully before hiring a car.
Anyway, back to the hotel - staff are very friendly and helpful with any queries. There is a lovely communal pool which is very underused, superb views from here and the restaurant also. The restaurant food was great - we ate here a couple of times and had breakfast each day (which was superb) - evening meals were pricey but not outlandish given the quality of the food and resort.
Overall, a great experience - we would happily go again.
Paul & Jonie
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is located on 27 lush acres near the rain forest and what is now a world heritage site. It is therefore secluded yet in the heart of all of St.Lucia's natural attractions like the open volcano, botanical gardens, rain forest, waterfalls, and other fine dining to enhance your experience of the island's local flavour. It captures the famous Petit Piton and Caribbean sea. Its villas have an open air design with 4 poster beds, hammocks, private garden showers and private pools. This resort was rated the number 1 resort in Soufriere by discriminating travelers - TripAdvisor. Please note that all guests at Stonefield must be 18 and over. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with West Indies, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Stonefield Villa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stonefield Estate Villa Hotel
- Stonefield Estate Villa Resort And Spa
- Stonefield Estate Hotel
- Stonefield Estate Resort
- Stonefield Villa Resort St. Lucia/Soufriere