Stonefield Villa Resort
  • Breakfast included
Villa des Pitons(Soufriere)
  • Breakfast included
  • Beachfront
All reviewsmango tree restaurantoutdoor showerpetit pitonprivate poolour honeymoonst luciasugar beachhomemade jamscell phonefull kitchenamazing viewsdouble hammockocean viewbotanical gardenscaribbean seabanana pancakesthe general manager
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Nestled below the world heritage site of the pitons the views are just breathtaking. We stayed in 3 bedroom lime mill and old plantation house. truly a private villa keeping the old world style. Despite no air con the fans and breeze with the 4 post bed was absolutely fine.
We spent afternoon by their main pool while the very friendly staff made cocktail after cocktail. Diner was stunning with fire flies dancing in the bushes a bit like paul McCartney .
Picking up fallen mangos to eat on their nature trail was wonder fun. It is in a rain forest of course so the place is alive with exotic plants and animals. Ear plugs for the night frogs is recommended.
A perfect stay

Room Tip: Lime mill 3 bedroom villa
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We stayed at Stonefield for 6 nights, in the Limemill villa. It was a 3 bedroom 2 bath villa with a nice pool and incredible views of the Piton! Stonefield is really the best option for staying in Soufriere. We rented a car and were able to go to all the other resorts and beaches and we were thrilled to be staying here. One day we walked down the trail to a private beach with some of the best snorkeling on the island. A little further past this beach are warm spring waterfalls called Piton Falls that were also great.

The Mango restaurant serves the best breakfast, especially the Stonefield favorite, which is a sandwich with eggs, cheese, bacon, lettuce and I'm not sure what else but it as delicious. The pancakes were excellent too. Definitely the best breakfast that is included with the stay. We tried the restaurant for dinner and thought it was just ok, food was good but overpriced, so we ate at different restaurants every night. All the staff we met was so nice and helpful with anything we asked for. The only exception is front desk, they didn't provide much information for guests wishing to do their own thing since they were in the business of selling very expensive tours. This is a common theme in all of St. Lucia, so it's no different at Stonefield.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Stonefield was very beautiful. Our villa, Bamboo, had a great pool and porch with hammock. The villa was bug free which I was extremely happy about, considering there are holes. If you look between the door and the windows, there is about a half a finger width of space there. It's not actually an enclosed villa. But somehow I escaped the bugs. I got bit outside a couple times but nothing major. I was not pleased with the bed; it was rather hard. The grounds are beautiful but very unfriendly if you are out of shape or handicapped. Lots of stairs and hills with no ramps. The resort pool is nice. The view is a great view of one Piton. I will admit I was very spoiled by staying at another resort prior to this one where I got to see both pitons in view. If I came to Stonefield first, I probably would rate it higher than I am. On to the most annoying thing- feral cats. Something really needs to be done about them. I'm not alone in thinking this- other traveling couples we met said the same thing. A few softies will feed these feral cats so they stick around. They HISSED nonstop at me and were waiting at the door every time I went outside. They were also fighting and making noise. They were not welcome!! Anyway~ the staff was nice but not totally focused on your satisfaction. We asked for our pool to be cleaned and the guy showed up 2 hours later after we had already cleaned it ourselves with our hands (bunch of bugs like moths and flies in it after a rainstorm). Not to sound prissy, but if we ask for something like a pool cleaning, it shouldn't take 2 hours, considering there are only a limited number of villas to begin with- this place doesn't have 100 rooms or anything. There were huge caterpillars and butterflies everywhere which were fun to look at. My husband ate some mangoes off the trees that fell and they were really good. Overall, this resort is pretty, full of nature, but could be improved upon in small ways that would really help (bed, no cats, etc).

Room Tip: Bamboo villa was good price/value but there are bigger ones if you like.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 11, 2013

This is simply a review of the restaurant!

My husband and I visited Stonefield for dinner one night during our honeymoon. We couldn't really find anywhere to eat that was still open at 8-9pm so we decided to venture to Stonefield per our B&B host's recommendation.

The atmosphere was great. Music was very cheesy (we're talking My Heart Will Go On cheesy) but we asked them to change it and they put on some smooth reggae which was nice.

I ordered the pesto crusted Mahi Mahi. My husband ordered a shrimp dish. The shrimp was cooked perfectly and was very succulent. My Mahi Mahi was awful. It tasted like vinegar with almost a foul taste in the background. I have had Mahi Mahi many times and I have only once sent food back to a kitchen because I wasn't happy.

Our server asked how we liked our meal and you would think that if you asked a guest how they liked it you would know how to respond if they DON'T like it. Not the case. She seemed awkward that I would say that I didn't like it. No offer for something else. Just awkward silence. Another server came over...'everything ok?' I told them that I just didn't care for the flavor and still...awkward silence. I just gave in and turned back towards my food. Bad service...I shouldn't have to beg especially when the price of our meal was very high.

I had only had a couple of bites (one from me and one from Jack) and he ended up giving me his shrimp and he had the Mahi Mahi which he didn't like but could eat.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jilian B
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Our family just returned from an amazing St. Lucia vacation where we split our trip between 3 days in the south at Stonefield and the remainder at a villa in the north. We were a family of 4 and we had the Bougainvillea 2 bedroom villa. This villa had a full kitchen, 2 air conditioned bedrooms with king 4 poster beds and 2 outdoor showers. We enjoyed the "rustic luxury" of the villa with it's lava stone flooring and walls and exposed wood beams. Of course the splash pool (which was really a fuller 6ft deep pool) and views direct on to Petit Piton were amazing.
The villa had a covered porch with 4 rocking Adirondack style seats with built in Piton beer holders, which I took full advantage of! A hammock and then a dining table with 4 chairs.

We did have an issue on check-in where they had our reservation off by one day (they weren't expecting us), but luckily our villa was available and they quickly righted the issue and we were checked in within 10 minutes. We also had an issue with the gas stove in our villa not working, but it was a quick change of propane gas tank which remedied the issue. Maintenance was at our villa door in 5 minutes after calling the front desk.

June of course is Mango season in St. Lucia and this villa had a Mango tree protruding over the pool and garden area and we got to experience the "thump" and "splash" of ripe mangoes letting loose and crashing to the ground or pool. They made for a nice snack which we easily put together with our kitchenware.

Our villa was just above the Mango Tree restaurant (separate review on this) and main pool area. We enjoyed the restaurant and the views from there were the best. When they had entertainment you could hear the music and voices from the villa, but never so loud as to be obnoxious or distracting and things died down early (~9pm latest) so nothing that impacted sleep or relaxation.

We did not try the spa while here but did do the nature trail walk which was not at all a hike but a simple walk. We tend to be self-explorers and had a rent-a-car so we didn't take advantage of any resort tours. We did our own day trips to Sugar Beach, Anse Chastenet and Tet Paul Trail (a must do!) and Ladera Dasheene for cocktails. After visiting those other luxury resort locales we were happy we were at Stonefield.

We did a night run to the grocery in Soufriere which made my wife uncomfortable as we were approached by locals as soon as we parked and walked into and out of the grocery. But that one small trip was the only time we felt insecure. We had no issues with Stonefield or its security, but we also made sure we didn't leave electronics or other valuables out when we took our day excursions or went to the Mango Tree.

Stonefield is highly recommended in my book! We will be back.

Room Tip: Villas furthest from Restaurant and Bar are the quietest.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family