Ladera Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Fond Doux Plantation & Resort(Soufriere)
Leisure Inn(Soufriere)
  • Breakfast included
Villa des Pitons(Soufriere)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Tet Rouge Resort(La Pointe)
1,337 results
All reviewshilltop dream suiteheated poolparadise ridgerecommend laderagros piton suiteladera punchour honeymoonheritage suitechef nigelbeach packagest luciadasheene restaurantopen airsugar beachopen wallcap maisonvisited ladera
Reviewed November 3, 2011

My wife and I went here for our honeymoon in April 2011. It was an awesome experience. It was both of our first times out of the country and my wifes first time on a plane. Our flight was delayed due to an issue with the plane and we did not make it until a day late. The resort was very understanding and worked hard to rearrange our stay so we could still stay the length we had planned for. The view was spectacular and just a short bus ride down to the beach. No air conditioning was needed and the bugs were not an issue. The only downside for us was the weather was cloudy nearly our whole stay so our in room plunge pool did not warm up enough for us to get in. We did a snorkel/sail, evenining sunset sail, and massages. All of these were great experiences. The food could not have been better. We ate almost every meal at the Dasheene. The mojo steak and shrimp Dasheene are sooo awesome! The only other down side for us was we did not really know how to handle the dinner bill the first night. We got a bill after dinner even though we had the all inclusive package, which left us confused. After dinner I asked the manager and came to find out that you just sign the bill to your room so they can keep track of spending. Wish I had a little more explanation on that prior. Also there were times when we were unsure if we should leave a tip or not. Some extra advice on this kinds of stuff would be helpful. We tipped for pretty much everything just to be safe. Massages were spectacular. Wish we could've done more. I highly recommend choosing this resort. The staff will do their best to make sure you are comfortable and the view could not be better.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jason W
Ermin J, Guest Relations Manager at Ladera Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2011

It was a pleasure having you stay with us on your honeymoon earlier this year! looking forward to welcoming you back on your anniversary next April!

Reviewed November 3, 2011

My now-husband and I travel a lot and visited many hotels, but after 9 years of traveling all over the world, our short stay in Ladera 5 years ago stands out in our mind as one of the most unique and romantic resorts we ever stayed in. We went during the shoulder season, between the high and low season, so price was reasonably although still pricey, weather was nice (St. Lucia has a very rainy weather) and not many tourists around. I agree with the other reviews - the pictures on the website do not lie. The rooms are as beautiful, spacious and romantic as the pictures show.

The 3-wall structure made us feel like as if we were sleeping outside, among nature and the forest. A very high class camping, if you must. The first night, we had slight trouble sleeping because we were not used to sleep outdoors, but we were fine by the second night. We had to force ourselves to leave our room because it was just SO beautiful being inside. We took pictures of everything and ooh'd and aah'd the whole time. No detail was too small and we took pictures of the sink, the faucet, the plunge pool's rubber ducky, everything.

A true experience that everyone should have, even if you are only staying for one night. It's worth it.

Room Tip: Any room is good.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank lilypad78

Once again, it was a pleasure hosting you at Ladera! looking forward to welcoming you back with your husband very soon!

Reviewed October 31, 2011

This place was perfection. If you can imagine a dream location, up in the mountains, with a stunning view of the ocean, amazing villas, nature all around you, this is it! I just couldn't get over what a wonderful experience this was and I highly recommend it. The restaurant was wonderful as well, food was delicious, service was impeccable. This is a place where you can get away from it all.

It is pricey. Also, if you are the type that requires air conditioning, this is not for you. However, you don't really need it, if you are willing to give it a try. You are high up in the mountains and get a delicious breeze from the sea!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Wanderlustsince1971
Ermin J, Guest Relations Manager at Ladera Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2011

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the overall experience at Ladera! I appreciate your recommendation to other St. Lucia visitors!

We hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed October 28, 2011

My fiance and I went to St. Lucia to scout places for our wedding. We ended up staying only one night at Ladera, and were absolutely amazed. The pictures on their website are right on, and the staff was amazing and helpful. We stayed in the Treetop Dream Suite, which had a nice plunge pool and a pretty large bathroom.
There are bugs. We got eaten while we were there, even after using bug spray. We woke up to find a mosquitto inside our netted bed. They were also in the bathroom and there were small lizards and tree frogs in the room too. I had a really hard time sleeping there, since there were just so many night noises that would wake me up. When you are missing a wall you're right out there with the elements, and pouring rain can sound very, very loud. Ladera is adventurous, and more like a lavish camping experience than a luxury hotel. It is definitely something to see, but if you're squirmish about bugs and lizards, I would think twice.
The restaurant was amazing there! Seriously first class and the chef really cares about your experience. He thought the marlin my fiance ordered was too tough so he came out and asked if he could serve him a better fish (mahi-mahi). He said he tasted it and was not happy with it. They also have an amazing selection of wines.
This is a honeymoon-type place. Highly recommended, but maybe only for a short stay. The beach is far away, and there's not a ton to do at the hotel except hang out in your awesome room.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

Katie, thank you so much for your review and I am delighted you enjoyed your time at Ladera! We will share your comments with the entire team and all looking forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed October 27, 2011

My wife and I have had the good fortune to stay at Ladera twice. I don't think there's much to add to the other reviews other than if you have to chance to stay here, do it! Pictures do not do it justice you will not be disappointed (unless you are looking for an air conditioned box in which case I recommend going to Sandals or Disney World).

Their restaurant Dasheene is top of line as well - order the mojo steak. And order the fish goujons and a Piton for an afternoon snack and then go for a dip in your plunge pool...trust me, it's much better than what you'd normally be doing on a regular afternoon.

If you've never been to St Lucia before I would also recommend doing one of the "land & sea" tours. It's a great way to see one of the most beautiful islands in the Caribbean and meet some of the friendliest people.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank err5840
Ermin J, Guest Relations Manager at Ladera Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2011

It is wonderful hearing from you after your visit to Ladera earlier this year! We will share your kind comments to the entire team! We all look forward to welcoming you back soon to your home in St.Lucia!