We just returned from our honeymoon and I cannot say enough wonderful things about this stand-out property. Everything from the moment we arrived (greeted by yummy drinks and cold towels) to the (sad) day we left was flawless. This property is extremely well run, and that is truly what makes it shine among other luxury resorts we have been to, both in the Carribean and elsewhere. The staff is friendly, attentive, and never intrusive. They even know your names by the end, and we were there less than a week. A huge thank you to our butlers who truly deserve special mention- Swamed, Mosiah, and Gregg were unbelieveable. Anything we wanted or needed, they delivered on with a smile. They were so personable and made the trip extra special. (eg we wanted to see some sights, they set us up with a private tour and even arranged the times so we would miss all those hectic cruise tours- we never saw anyone. It was perfect!!)
You can see from all the other reviews and pictures that the resort is STUNNING so I won't elaborate, but it really is even more captivating in person. Very understated luxury- no gaudy chandeliers, etc. Any very peaceful. The only surprising thing, and this really isn't a complaint just something we were not expecting, was the amount of families with young children at the resort. That being said, the beach is huge so if you want its easy to sit on the far end and still have quiet. Having a private plunge pool, all hillside villas/cottages do, made it easy to escape to our own little private paradise. And tons for kids to do- we will return with ours in the future!
The food was also absolutely delicious. Some of the prior reviews made me nervous as I am a huge food person- lived in NYC/Philly and have eaten at the best restaurants. However, once again I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of all our meals. We did breakfast included only- it was a huge selection. A delicious, varied "continental", then also included anything off the menu. Almond croissants to die for. Lots of fresh fruit. We ate at all three restaurants. Cane Bar for sushi- all super fresh, as good as any sushi I have had (we tried to order local fish such as tuna and mahi). Bayside is casual elegant with anything from pizza to delicious seafood and local-inspired dishes. Try the lamb tagine! They also deliver lunch on the beach which was so nice and equally good (saltfish bakes are killer). The great room is much more formal and French-inspired. Spectacular- best dinner we had. They give you these delicious little treats in between courses which is a fun surprise. Not the sort of people to eat that way every night, but it was super romantic dinner for a special trip.
I would highly recommend this resort to anyone. It may be pricey but they make it worth every penny- treat yourself! It exceeded my already high expectations. We will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort is set amidst more than 100 acres of tropical rainforest on the island's scenic Caribbean coast. Embraced by St Lucia's majestic World Heritage-listed Pitons, the resort's 96 Luxury Sugar Mill Rooms, Cottages, Villas and Luxury Beachfront Bungalows boast elegant styling, private plunge pool, four poster bed, luxurious Egyptian cotton linens, every possible modern amenity, and personalised butler service. Two stunning white sand beaches, beautiful Rainforest Spa with tree house treatment rooms, full PADI dive facility, and superb waterfront dining ensure the ultimate vacation experience with space enough for honeymooners and families alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jalousie Plantation Hotel Soufrière
- Jalousie Plantation Soufrière
- Jalousie Plantation St Lucia
- Jalousie Hilton
- Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort St. Lucia/Soufriere