My husband and I stayed at Sugar Beach for two nights at the end of our seven night honeymoon. We stayed in a luxury cottage for both nights.
We originally booked Crystals in Soufriere (a local bed and breakfast) for seven nights. After 5 nights, we decided to try and move to a more luxurious place with a nice beach. Crystals has some issues with noise and construction. To say the least, we wanted to be pampered.
After eating dinner in the area, we made our way down to Sugar Beach in our rental car on a whim. We were hoping that they would have a last minute cancellation and...THEY DID! We got a last minute deal on a luxury cottage and went back to our B&B so excited to spend 2 nights at Sugar Beach.
From the moment we checked in our experience was absolutely amazing. We were greeted with lavender scented cool towels and a signature cocktail (which was delicious!). The cottage was absolutely amazing. We had our own pool and flowers were strewn everywhere in the cottage including a large 'congratulations' in front of the bed! The towels and robes were soft and luxurious. The in room coffee maker was great. We even had a cell phone with direct access to our butler who had a ride for us to the beach within 1 minute every single time.
The only slightly negative report that I have is that the service on the beach was slow on our second day but everything else made up for it by 110%.
Here is an example that reflects the level of service that Sugar Beach offers:
During our second night's dinner, my husband and I both ordered prime aged beef tenderloin. We were already splurging on the hotel, so paying 50$ for each of our entrees was a big thing for us! Well, my steak ended up being markedly smaller than his. I figured it was a normal variation in the cut of meat but just passively asked the server if it was in fact a normal variation. Without asking any questions, our meals were off the table in seconds. Minutes later the manager brought out two large cuts of steak, apologized, and comped 100$ worth of food. We paid 50$ for that meal (wine and dessert). We almost felt BAD for mentioning that we were unsure about our meals but they insisted on comping the food. Just goes to show how much they care about your experience.
The snorkeling is also the best on the island! We loved it and the gear was new and kept very clean.
If you can afford it, get a cottage. You won't be disappointed with Sugar Beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort is set amidst more than 100 acres of tropical rainforest on the island's scenic Caribbean coast. Embraced by St Lucia's majestic World Heritage-listed Pitons, the resort's 96 Luxury Sugar Mill Rooms, Cottages, Villas and Luxury Beachfront Bungalows boast elegant styling, private plunge pool, four poster bed, luxurious Egyptian cotton linens, every possible modern amenity, and personalised butler service. Two stunning white sand beaches, beautiful Rainforest Spa with tree house treatment rooms, full PADI dive facility, and superb waterfront dining ensure the ultimate vacation experience with space enough for honeymooners and families alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with West Indies, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jalousie Plantation Hotel Soufrière
- Jalousie Plantation Soufrière
- Jalousie Plantation St Lucia
- Jalousie Hilton
- Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort St. Lucia/Soufriere