We stayed in Luxury Sugar Mill room 10 for 10 nights from 3 June. Having booked our trip several months ago and read the rave reviews, we wallowed in the anticipated delights ahead. Would Sugar Beach meet our high expectations? No...it far exceeded our dreams of luxury,indulgence, pampering, soporific ambience, stunning location and delightful staff. The best of welcomes with cool rum cocktails and cold, lavender towels, as we were escorted straight to our perfect room.
We normally self cater in the Caribbean and hire a car, so this was a total change, we feared boredom. No fear of that, spending our days snorkelling, kayaking, playing tennis, oh and copious amounts of chilling on the comfy sun loungers.
The beach is so beautiful and although small, never felt busy.
Thank you to all the staff who were exemplary, our butlers Nysan,(so attentive) Gus (the grin, watch out Hollywood). Gym pro Canice (oozing with energy ) and of course Sherman and Nathaniel, the perfect hosts.
Dining was always a treat and again the staff couldn't be more helpful. Anyone who claims otherwise should take a step back and look at themselves.
Varied artwork decorates all area's and is refreshingly eclectic, unlike the bland, safe displays at most hotels.
This holiday was a special treat and unlikely to be repeated, but if you get the chance GO and enjoy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort is set amidst more than 100 acres of tropical rainforest on the island's scenic Caribbean coast. Embraced by St Lucia's majestic World Heritage-listed Pitons, the resort's 96 Luxury Sugar Mill Rooms, Cottages, Villas and Luxury Beachfront Bungalows boast elegant styling, private plunge pool, four poster bed, luxurious Egyptian cotton linens, every possible modern amenity, and personalised butler service. Two stunning white sand beaches, beautiful Rainforest Spa with tree house treatment rooms, full PADI dive facility, and superb waterfront dining ensure the ultimate vacation experience with space enough for honeymooners and families alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, West Indies, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jalousie Plantation Hotel Soufrière
- Jalousie Plantation Soufrière
- Jalousie Plantation St Lucia
- Jalousie Hilton
- Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort St. Lucia/Soufriere