My husband and I are back from a week here and we are so sad. We miss the majestic pitons and being treated like royalty!
We got driven straight to the villa which was awesome, no waiting in reception. The butler's were amazing and got us ice every day as we wanted. The bed in the room is the most fluffiest feather bed ever! Also, the Piton beer and sodas in the room were great. The plunge pool was fabulous (request a heated one) and the views from our terrace were spectacular!
Riding around on the golf carts everywhere, seemed like a hassle at first, but we got used to it and felt it was worth it to be up high in our villa.
I used the gym two days also, and it was great (although a little hot and smelly).
The sunbeds at the beach were the most comfortable chairs we've ever sat on and the breathtaking views of the Pitons on either side were amazing. They are still in my head.
The snorkeling and water sports right on the beach are top notch. People come on Thursday's for cruise ship day, so try to avoid that day as its crowded. It's a marine reserve, so there are so many cool fish and coral around. People actually come from all over the island just to snorkel there.
We had purchased liquor on the way to the resort (our driver brought us to a great place) and this helped us out a lot. We had breakfast and dinner included in our package and the food was very good! Always accommodating any changes necessary. We did find the portions were a little too small in the great room. On our 2nd night there, we asked for a 3rd entree, and they did give that to us no problem which was great!
The air hockey table was broken and their was no chalk in the games room for pool, so they should fix that issue...also all the records were scratched up in the snooker room. That room is awesome, by the way!
Everything really was perfect except for the mosquitoes up at our villa (in the 500's). Perhaps they could spray the area when its so bad? I came home with 50 bites, but I learned the last two days if I were to sit outside on our terrace, so just be armed with bug spray that came in the room and they would be gone instantly! I don't know why anyone would stay anywhere else really! I want to go back every year!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort is set amidst more than 100 acres of tropical rainforest on the island's scenic Caribbean coast. Embraced by St Lucia's majestic World Heritage-listed Pitons, the resort's 96 Luxury Sugar Mill Rooms, Cottages, Villas and Luxury Beachfront Bungalows boast elegant styling, private plunge pool, four poster bed, luxurious Egyptian cotton linens, every possible modern amenity, and personalised butler service. Two stunning white sand beaches, beautiful Rainforest Spa with tree house treatment rooms, full PADI dive facility, and superb waterfront dining ensure the ultimate vacation experience with space enough for honeymooners and families alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jalousie Plantation Hotel Soufrière
- Jalousie Plantation Soufrière
- Jalousie Plantation St Lucia
- Jalousie Hilton
- Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort St. Lucia/Soufriere