Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort
Stonefield Villa Resort(Soufriere)(Great Value!)
$312
$303
Anse Chastanet(Soufriere)(Great Value!)
$390
  • Beachfront
Fond Doux Plantation & Resort(Soufriere)(Great Value!)
$165
$400
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $458/night.

La Haut Resort(Soufriere)(Great Value!)
$111
$133
Boucan by Hotel Chocolat(Soufriere)(Great Value!)
$578
$289
Hummingbird Beach Resort(Soufriere)(Great Value!)
$200
$116
  • Breakfast included
Villa des Pitons(Soufriere)(Great Value!)
$120
Jade Mountain Resort(Soufriere)
$1,320
$1,110
Orbitz.com
1,529 results
All reviewscane barbayside restaurantgreat roomsushirainforest spasugar beachluxury villabutler serviceplunge poolst luciaour honeymoonbeach barviceroy resortdinner reservationsservice chargerainforest walkmeal plan
Reviewed June 1, 2013

When we arrived at the property, we were given a villa in the 300's. They were working on villa next door - just painting when we arrived so no big deal. By the 4h day there we had 20 or more construction workers next door. At this point, I complained and mgmt did respond and try to make amends. This is the only reason I am not giving the resort a 5 since we should never have been put in this villa. Regarding the remainder of the visit, we found the staff very efficient at the bayside, great room, and cane room. Several comments have been made on trip advisor regarding the food & service - our only complaint would be service at breakfast could be a hit or miss. We truly enjoyed our meals at Bayside & Great Room. Our butler, Alex was outstanding - thanks for everything! We also visited the rainforest spa for a couple massages. Great service! Lastly, make sure to take time to visit the botanical gardens & mineral springs.

1  Thank Beth C
ABoersma, General Manager at Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2013

Good day,
Thank you for taking the time and making the effort to write your review of your stay at Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort.

I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay and that you were satisfied with everything that we offered with the exception of the few issues you have described.
I have discussed your comments about service at the Terrace with our restaurant team and we will be implementing refresher training to see tangible improvements in this area.
I would also like to apologize for the lack of privacy at your villa. I am happy that we were able to rectify the situation to your satisfaction. Please know that your comments and your business have been greatly appreciated.
On behalf of the entire team, we all look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

What can I say that's not been said before by or new best buds from Canada!!
We feel very lucky & privilaged to have stayed here for a week in May after a week in the north in a villa on Cap Estate.
We arrived on the Friday after a 1.5 hour drive down the west coast of St Lucia. Don't let anybody fool you the roads are in great condition & its easy to drive all over the island.
We pulled up at reception round 1pm & was greeted with a couple of cocktails.
Within seconds we were being whisked away on a tuktuk to our Luxury Villa. We were greeted by our nice butler with another couple of drinks. I did a video of the villa 304 & put it on youtube to save time. After showing us round the villa which is amazing we jumped in another buggie to the beach bar for lunch as we just missed the 2.30pm cut off time for lunch at the bayside.
We used the car over the weekend to visit other hotels / restaurants in the hood but I would not do it this way the next time as you do not need to leave the resort.
You have everything you could ever want for the perfect vacation just outside your villa.
They only have two restaurants but the menus are changed a few times a week which keeps it fresh & the selection is great.
When we stayed it was only half full which was really nice.
Loads of beach beds available & loads round the massive pool.
Be warned this resort is full of Honeymooners which can be a bit shy but they don't bite so feel free to try to talk to them as they need some help in the coversation department.
They think they are the only one's on the planet that are in Love.
Don't miss watching a film under the stars on the beach it was amazing & don't care about what film they are showing you will still love it. We had a new Mr Bean film & it was a blast.
If you stay at SB you must do the Gros Piton trail if you feel up to it. Trust me it was not a walk in the park but it will stay with us forever as one of the most amazing experiences. The views of SB & St Lucia over the mountains from the Piton were to die for.
We are fit & took 5 hours up & down but did spend a while at both tops to soak up the views.
The best / busiest night of the week was Thursday in the Air Conditioned Cane Bar where the drinks were free from 9-11. This included cocktails, beer & wine by the glass. They even had a DJ playing some funky tunes. The Honeymooners were out in numbers but still managed to keep to themselves & still need to go to dane classes before hitting the floor.
After a few Chilli Passions & Hurricaine's me & Bill had a dance off. This was one of the highlights as the poor wee lovers did not know what was happening.
Think dad dancing on speed & you will get the picture but who cares you are on holiday & there is no law against being silly the last time I looked.
Our very understanding partners enjoyed every minute of it from the comfy seats.
All in all pound for pound the best holiday we've ever had & plan to return next Year.
The layout of the resort makes you feel you have your own space & the staff will do everything they can to keep you happy. We stayed on the breakfast plan & wow what a breakfast it was massive with a cooked menu to keep any hungry Horace happy.
I asked them to remove all the drink in the fridge that could be charged for to save any unwelcolme going away present on our bill.
The piton, water, coffee is included in the villa price & is restocked regularily.
That's enough BOOK NOW before the secret gets out!!

4  Thank Cleggy Broon

Good day,
Thank you for providing us with your feedback regarding your recent stay at Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort.
We are very happy that you liked our accommodations, facilities and amenities and that the staff provided exceptional service.
Climbing the Gros Piton is quite an adventure and I sure you were satisfied that you reached the top. There really is nothing better than being able to sit back in your sun lounge, look up and say, “I climbed that.”
I am also glad that you enjoyed the movie, “Mr. Bean”. Cinema under the stars is a firm favorite with our guests.
I will be sure to communicate your glowing comments to the entire team and commend them for a job well done.
Thank you once again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to Sugar Beach in the near future.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Saying that Sugar Beach has incredible service and accommodations, amazing people, a one-in-a-million location, and wonderful food & drinks doesn't do it justice. This place is unbelievable. We had our wedding there as well (Marcus is so genuine and great!) and couldn't have asked for a more pleasant experience. We loved absolutely everything about it... Especially the cucumber mint drinks! I would definitely recommend all inclusive. We travel a lot but don't usually splurge, and it's worth every penny. I just wish we could have stayed longer! We will definitely save up and be back. Other recommendations: Climb the piton, snorkel whenever you can, explore the rainforest, take advantage of their freshwater pool in the mornings, and expect the butler to find you on the beach if you forgot to make reservations for the evening!

Room Tip: Sugar mill 10 was close to the beach, pool, restaurants, and spa. Perfect location for people who don't want to rely on carts (that run 24/7) to get around the resort.
1  Thank rmy614

Good day
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your wedding and the quality of service you experienced at Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort.
Marcus will be pleased to know he did an excellent job at coordinating your wedding. I will pass on your comments to the team and applaud them for a job well done.
I am glad that your overall experience was enjoyable and satisfying. Our aim is to make every guest experience pleasant and fulfilling by providing the highest level of service.
Thank you once again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort, perhaps even for a first anniversary celebration.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband and I just spent 5/19-5/24 at Sugar Beach as part of our honeymoon. We absolutely loved it there. The atmosphere, the room, the beach, pool, Cane Bar, billiards room, and the food were outstanding. Opt for the all inclusive package, its well worth it. If you have a hat, bring it. There are small black birds between the beach and pool that come down and claw at your head (not joking). It doesn't hurt, its just startling. I did not have a hat so I walked around with my hands and/or my beach bag on my head. If you are looking for pampering, rest and relaxation this is the place to go!

Room Tip: We stayed in a room called "Sugar Mill 5", its less expensive and super close to everything so you do not have to call for shuttles to and from your room all the time. We would stay in that exact room again if we are fortunate enough to ever go back.
2  Thank travel15around

Good day,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent honeymoon Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort
With such a stunning location, we are constantly striving to ensure our services, dining experiences and accommodations are just as impressive as the view.
It is pleasing to read that your dining experiences, luxury villa and the services you enjoyed helped to enhance your honeymoon celebration.
I am sorry about your close encounter with the birdlife by the pool. May is nesting season and while we try to encourage the birds to nest elsewhere, there are still a few that slip through the net. Luckily, they are only around for a couple of weeks. You may be pleased to know, they have gone already.
Once again, thank you for your very valuable review and we look forward to welcoming you back soon- perhaps even for your next anniversary celebration.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Just came back from a wonderful stay at the Viceroy.The service was impecable. The grounds are spectacular, the food was very good and the views are breathtaking. Exceeded all expecations. Service in the Caribean can be inconsistent and we found the staff really friendly and well trained. We accidentally left our passports in the safe as we moved to another part of the isaland. Paolo of guest relations personally retrieved them and had a taxi deliver them to us. Really pleased with our stay and will definitely return.

Room Tip: All the rooms are very nice. The 300 and 500 rooms have a little better view
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Good day,
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about the standards and quality of service provided at Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort.
On behalf of the entire team, I would like to say how delighted we are that we met and exceeded your high expectations in all areas.
I will communicate your feedback to the entire team, especially Polo, for ensuring that you received your passport safe and on time. I will commend them for a job well done.
Once again, thank you for your very valuable feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.