Where do I begin? My husband and I researched for months on where we should go on our Honeymoon. We landed at the Jalousie because of all the rave reviews, which they were all true! A couple months before our Honeymoon, I read a review that the pool was being renovated at the time we were going to be there. I contacted the guest relations dept. And spoke with Lisa Jones. She was amazing to work with, and upgraded our room to a luxury villa from the sugar mill because I was a little upset that the pool would not be finished.
We had a taxi pick us up from the airport and take us to the resort ($75 each way), and he dropped us off right at our doorstep. We were greeted by our butler with cold drinks, and firefly phones. Our villa was AMAZING!! The bed was very very comfortable, and the view of the ocean from our bed was breathtaking. We had our own plunge pool, which was very refreshing during the day! The claw foot bathtub was also one of my favorites!
Just be sure to wear majuro repellant at night, and fog the room before you go to sleep, we got a couple bites, but they weren't too bad. The rainforest buzz at night put us right to sleep. Its very calming, and relaxing.
The service at the resort was top notch. Everywhere we went, almost every employee remembered our names, and were always willing to go out of their way just to make us happy. When you arrive at the beach, the staff lays down towels for you on the loungers (which are so comfy) and brings you water and a cold hand towel.
There were only 2 restaurants to choose from during our stay, but I believe they are building another one. The Bayside Restaurant was good, and dinner menu changed almost every night. Only thing that bothered us were the ferrel cats. There are a couple that linger around the dining area, and even come up to your chair and beg for food. Other than that, it was nice eating right on the beach.
The Great Room was absolutely delicious. Every single night. The menu changed often, and was out of this world! The restaurant manager was also very friendly, and would always ask how our honeymoon was going. The only recommendation is changing the breakfast menu at least every couple days.
The spa was so good that we went twice during our stay! Danielle was awesome, totally recommend requesting her for a Swedish massage. The sulfur seduction was also a great experience. They take you to the walk In volcano, and massage you with volcanic sulfur mud. Then you go to a waterfall, and head back for a back massage. It was awesome! Not to mention how amazing the rainforest spa is, with separate tree huts for you and your masseuse!
I cannot say enough nice things about this resort, and can only imagine it getting better and better with the new pool and restaurant. We are definitely planning on visiting again, and are counting down the days until we can!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort is set amidst more than 100 acres of tropical rainforest on the island's scenic Caribbean coast. Embraced by St Lucia's majestic World Heritage-listed Pitons, the resort's 96 Luxury Sugar Mill Rooms, Cottages, Villas and Luxury Beachfront Bungalows boast elegant styling, private plunge pool, four poster bed, luxurious Egyptian cotton linens, every possible modern amenity, and personalised butler service. Two stunning white sand beaches, beautiful Rainforest Spa with tree house treatment rooms, full PADI dive facility, and superb waterfront dining ensure the ultimate vacation experience with space enough for honeymooners and families alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jalousie Plantation Hotel Soufrière
- Jalousie Plantation Soufrière
- Jalousie Plantation St Lucia
- Jalousie Hilton
- Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort St. Lucia/Soufriere