The Jalousie Plantation is THE place to go if St. Lucia is your destination and/or you are seeking the best all-around service during your vacation. My wife and I spent 7 days here and hardly left the resort. We were extremely impressed with the staff and their commitment to our having a fun, relaxing, and enjoyable trip. We did not feel the need to do any snorkel adventures because the beach at the resort was so convenient and full of sea-life! We did the Zip-lining which was just up the hill and across the street from the resort entrance. We also hiked the Gros Piton, which was more difficult than I had hoped and expected (not an ideal honeymoon adventure). We did the Sunset Cruise which was beautiful, relaxing, fun, and exciting (we saw Flying Fish and had lots to drink including rum punch, champagne, beer, and wine).
Back to the resort. We had a beautiful, clean, and luxurious room. There was only one night where we had a bug problem in our room (we found 3 cockroaches on the floor, but this was partially our fault) and after that, the room was spotless and bug-free. I would recommend some sort of bug repellent for your body (especially your legs and feet) because while at a meal, you are somewhat stationary and there are some small mosquitoes that will find you! All areas of the resort were well maintained and clean. There was some "light" construction while we were there, but it was far from light and yet did not bother us at all! The shuttles would be delayed on occasion, due to construction vehicles or equipment, but it was never an inconvenience.
Our butlers were courteous and helpful. They adjusted our dinner reservations, arranged for shuttles, and scheduled and arranged plans for all of our excursions without hesitation. The wait-staff was extremely attentive and proper. We were greeted and thanked at each visit to the restaurants. The food was always prepared to our liking and never arrived too soon or too late, always the appropriate temperature, and elegantly displayed. The food was amazing! We had glanced at the dinner menu before travelling, but did not truly know what to expect, nor could we have! The menu changed daily with many specials highlighting fresh and local options each day! Innovative, creative, and adventurous, the food quickly became one of our favorite parts of the vacation! The bars at Jalousie were fun with many specialty cocktails that were fun and delicious. The local beer (Piton Beer) was alright; not too much flavor, but not boring and tasteless like a domestic US beer like Bud or Coors.
We were impressed and will definitely be back for an anniversary or family vacation!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort is set amidst more than 100 acres of tropical rainforest on the island's scenic Caribbean coast. Embraced by St Lucia's majestic World Heritage-listed Pitons, the resort's 78 Luxury Sugar Mill Rooms, Villas and Luxury Beachfront Bungalows boast elegant styling, private plunge pool, four poster bed, luxurious Egyptian cotton linens, every possible modern amenity, and personalised butler service. A stunning white sand beach, beautiful Rainforest Spa with tree house treatment rooms, full PADI dive facility, and superb waterfront dining ensure the ultimate vacation experience with space enough for honeymooners and families alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, West Indies, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Priceline so you can book your Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jalousie Plantation Hotel Soufrière
- Jalousie Plantation Soufrière
- Jalousie Plantation St Lucia
- Jalousie Hilton
- Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort St. Lucia/Soufriere