All reviews petit piton chef david piton view walk into town st lucia ceiling fan small hotel local beach shrimp botanical gardens fish cakes mosquito netting standing fan snorkeling equipment black sand beach soufriere bay breakfast was included
Reviewed August 20, 2018

The staff was so welcoming when we arrived! Showing us to our room and asking if we needed anything before we went to the bar to enjoy our welcome drinks. The pool on property was the perfect size for a dip whenever it got too hot! Breakfast was included which was a godsend & the food was delicious! There was a pathway from our room that let directly to a beach with the most gorgeous palm trees I've ever seen. Our room was quite big and had A/C as it got extremely hot when we were there. The bed was comfortable and clean, the bathroom was spacious and beautifully decorated.

I would recommend renting a car when visiting as many beaches are about an hour away. We also walked to Orlando's Restaurant & Bar one night as it was right down the street from the hotel. The sulfur springs are a must see and one of the best memories was the mud bath that followed!

Reviewed July 29, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights in order to explore Soufriere. ( Climb the Piton, mud baths etc) The hotel was easy to find, but we did spend a $90 US just to get to Soufriere from Castries ( each way) The staff was very friendly. They upgraded us to an air conditioned room for no extra charge, without us even asking. They also provide beach towels and held our key for us when we went down to the beach so we didn’t have to worry about losing it. The beach is very close and is public so it’s loud, but it was great to experience the actual culture and talk with people. There is also a dive shop next door! WiFi is available at the bar and restaurant, but was unable to reach our rooms.

The rooms were nice! Not your typical modern hotel. They are little individuals cottages that connect, but we never saw or heard another guest from our room. They have a little patio deck at the front with chairs for you with an amazing view of the ocean and the Piton! In the rooms they are a tad dated, but have everything you need. A TV, fridge, updated bathroom, king size bed. They do not have American outlets. They had put fresh flowers across the room as well!

The best part of the hotel was the food and service! We met a man who took every single meal at the Hummingbird because it was simply the best in town. We did eat other places just to explore ( and save money) The hummingbird was the best meal for sure, but it was a bit pricey for us newlyweds. Worth it for the one night we splurged! We also received breakfast for free. Our last morning, we had an early flight so they made us a little to go breakfast for us the night before, again without us asking!

Lastly, they were kind and arranged taxis for us to get into the mountains and to the airport. Again keep in mind taxi prices are high, since it takes so long to get anywhere due to the curvy mountains and lack of highways. I would recommend the Hummingbird to anyone who is willing to venture off your typical sandals resort!

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank katiebolt21
Reviewed July 25, 2018 via mobile

Really I found this place in mount abu its haven on earth...it's so nice feeling party with friend and family ..site late night in the garden.very cool place in monsoon time thanks to all hotel staff and management.finally I will say to all go to hummingbird in mount any.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2018

Enough is enough. I don't want to waste my money anymore in a 5 stars resort. Hummingbird was perfect for me and my girlfriend. Our romance in St-Lucia was amazing. Because of the price and also for the location in Soufrière. We were closed to the main attractions of the island...Piton exploration, Botanical Garden(15min walk), Toraille Waterfall, Sulphur spring and more... Add to this a comfortable room and an included breakfast plus smiling staff. What's more!!! The only negative point: I mentionned at the time of booking a room with A/C. Unfortunately, this room was not available when we checked-in. They gave us instead an honeymoon suite with ceiling fan...OK that's correct. Honestly, i did not regret this because of the amazing view we got of the Pitons from our room. Also, sound of waves are loud by the night. I recommend if you want more money in your pocket to discover how beautiful St-Lucia is...

Reviewed June 3, 2018

My boyfriend and I just got back from a week long stay at the Hummingbird, and already want to plan our next trip back!

First off, Amazing location! What more could you want than breakfast looking out at petit piton? magical. The beach right in front was filled with locals, rather than tourists which we liked, as it felt like an authentic slice of St. Lucian life. Great beach to have just steps away from our room, and the Hummingbird Rum shack right on the sand made this even better. Another thing we loved about the location was that it was an easy walk into town, where we found many delicious places to eat, and were able to join in on some local street parties. It was also a quick drive or water taxi to any location we wanted to go to.

The Service- It is impossible to say enough good things about the service at the Hummingbird (I pretty much got a tripadvisor account just so I could give them the praise I think they deserve). We felt right at home here, even hugging the staff goodbye on our last day. Everyone who worked there went truly above and beyond for us, helping us book tours/taxis/boats just about every day of the trip, making sure we always got the best deals on things and that we were always in the best hands. One event that really stood out to us, was when our AC broke, we mentioned it to the staff (it was pretty late at night) and they came to check it out, they took the time to fix it right on the spot to make sure we were comfortable.

Food and drinks: It is worth noting that the food and drinks at the hotel restaurant, are SO GOOD. Fresh fruit, delicious cocktails, and amazing sauces are all things I am already craving with just one day away.

We loved our stay at the Hummingbird so much, and look forward to our next visit!