We spent 4 days at the Hummingbird's in January 09 and had a really great time! The staff was really helpful, always with a smile on their faces. We stayed in the Piton standard room. It was one of the cheapest rooms, but it was really really good. It had no AC, but since we had a ceiling fan and since it was quite breezy at night we didn't miss it!
The beach in front of the hotel was very nice. The locals use it as well and it felt very genuine there. We liked the genuine feeling there and also the fact that we didn't have to be squeezed in on an overloded beach full of cruise-ship-tourists.
One day we also walked to Anse Chastenet, which was another lovely beach 20 minutes beautiful walk away! We ate at the Hummingbird restaurant twice and the restaurant was very cosy and the food very good. The cocktails were excellent, one favorite was the "coco love". The view from the hotel is stunning and at night we could hear the ocean. Very romantic!
From the town it was about a 20 minutes to walk to the Botanical Gardens. We went there in the morning, at ten o clock, and there were just us there! Taking the local bus was a very easy and cheap way to go to all the places nearby worth visiting, such as the drive in volcano etc. One day we went horseback riding at the Coubaril Estate and that was a really great experience.
We can really recommend this place and we would really like to go there again some day!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hummingbird Beach Resort is a small, intimate resort, located in the scenic town of Soufriere on the south western part of St. Lucia, home to the famous pitons – a world heritage site. Hummingbird Beach Resort has eight (8) beautifully decorated rooms, most of which offer magnificent views of the ocean and the pitons. We also have a Country Cottage which accommodates a family of four (4) comfortably, it is fully furnished and offers breathtaking views of the pitons. We are world renowned for our French Creole Cuisine, award winning cocktails and beautiful batik studio. We are located on the beach and also have a fresh water swimming pool. We do arrange a wide range of tours and excursions. Spa treatments can be made available on request. Let us host your dream wedding or wedding reception dinner. Our tropical island setting and renowned hospitality combine to make your Caribbean wedding and honeymoon an unforgettable experience. Make the charming Hummingbird Beach Resort your choice of accommodation in Soufriere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your Hummingbird Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hummingbird Beach Hotel
- Hummingbird Beach Soufrière
- Hummingbird Beach Resort St. Lucia/Soufriere