“definitely #1”

Hummingbird Beach Resort
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Soufriere
Reviewed June 9, 2013

A true St. Lucian Experience, The name speaks of the for itself, plenty hummingbirds flying so freely. My husband and I enjoyed perfect snorkeling right at the water’s edge 2 feet away from the resort. Chester will ensure that your diving experience is the best. Thanks Chester we truly enjoy reviewing our pictures.
For the best local cuisine the Hummingbird Restaurant is the best. My husband and I tried all the other restaurants and the Hummingbird was the only restaurant that truly exceeded our expectations.
The Mountain is in perfect view of the resort, makes you feel like you are right there.
Chef David we miss St. Lucia and your local food.

Although the resort has not fittness center i enjoyed my morning run on the beach.

Room Tip: Rooms 1,2 and 3 are the best but if you are travelling with your family ask for the country cottage...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
HummingbirdSt_Lucia, Manager at Hummingbird Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

On behalf of our entire team, I take this opportunity to mention how happy we are that you had a truly St.Lucian experience whilst staying at The Hummingbird Beach Resort. Chester is ecstatic that you had such a memorable dining expedition with him and we are also pleased that you were able to enjoy the snorkeling within such close proximity to the resort. It is gratifying that our restaurant exceeded your expectations and Chef David is elated,as he is highly devoted to embracing our local cuisine and providing guests with an impeccable dining experience. We are pleased that you enjoyed your morning run on the beach as this is a common trend for locals and visitors alike,on a daily basis. Once again, we thank you for sharing such positive feedback of your recent stay with us and we eagerly anticipate an opportunity to welcome you in future.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

I have never seen anything as beautiful as the view from the Hummingbird Beach Resort. It is something else before a storm too. My room was comfortable and large and I slept so well to the sounds of the tree frogs, wind, and sea outside. I had a rooster outside who made sure I was up and awake in the morning so I could make the most of my trip. The professionalism and kindness of the staff members was excellent - especially Rashan who patiently helped me in so many ways. There was wi-fi in the bar and restaurant area where I was able to sit and do my work and the food was very good. For breakfast, I had pancakes and a selection of local fruits which were fresh and delicious. For dinner, I had a vegetable pasta that was well seasoned and tasty. I loved the swimming pool - the water was warm and clean. There is also interesting artwork in the bar and restaurant area including batiks and local statues and carvings which are worth seeing. This location is very close to the volcanic mud bath and waterfall, both of which are absolute must-sees during a visit to this island. I also met several friendly locals who gave me a tour and taught me a lot about the people, culture, history, and nature of the island. This is not a place for people who want a resort vacation with other tourists, removed from the rest of the island, but it was perfect for someone like me and I hope to return again soon.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank misspuff
HummingbirdSt_Lucia, Manager at Hummingbird Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Thank you for sharing such positive feedback of your recent stay at The Hummingbird Beach Resort. A breathtaking view of the majestic Pitons rising from the sparkling Caribbean Sea continues to captivate both locals and visitors alike, upon arrival. Our staff members are elated that you enjoyed the comfort of your room whilst truly appreciating the soothing sounds of our natural environment. Maintaining a reputable sense of customer satisfaction is one of our primary objectives at The Hummingbird Beach Resort and as a result we are devoted to providing a genuine sense of hospitality on a daily basis. Our culinary team is passionate about using fresh organic ingredients to provide a memorable dining experience on every occasion. The artwork displayed throughout the resort is a collection of our island's rich heritage portrayed in its finest art forms. Our resort is located within a twenty minute drive from all the major points of attraction in the Soufriere area and our reliable taxi service makes each point completely accessible. The people of St.Lucia are kind and gentle people who are always willing to welcome visitors who are eager to learn about their heritage and we are glad that you had a chance to interact with some of them. Once more, we wish to thank you for visiting The Hummingbird Beach Resort and we kindly look forward to welcoming you in future.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

We just returned from our holiday in Carribean Islands and we found the Hummingbird Resort the best from all hotels we visited /7 together/during our trip.We liked the friendly welcome at reception, with very helpful and carrying staff,who almost tried to read your thoughts to fulfill your wishes.They showed us at least 3 rooms to choose from/each was clean,some with fridge or kettler/ and we chose one at ground floor with terace with Piton view /beautiful views from all the resort/ and direct access to the garden what loved especially our children.The beach is so close,that you can hear the sea in your room.The beach itself is great to relax for few days,with some locals/children made quickly some friends/ and with water taxi to bring you to nearby resort beaches.The food is really worth to come for a lunch or dinner, even if you are not staying at hotel. We loved all fish dishes we tried for dinner and enjoyed the fruits and fresh juices for breakfast /and omellets and pancakes../.We would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Dana X
HummingbirdSt_Lucia, Manager at Hummingbird Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

I wish to express to express the highest level of gratitude to you on behalf of the entire team at The Hummingbird Beach Resort. It is always pleasing to receive such positive feedback implying that our guests were totally satisfied with their stay. Our staff members are very knowledgeable and always eager to maintain a reputable standard of hospitality. We are glad that you were able to unwind on the beach and use the local water taxi to explore the neighboring beaches whilst making some friends in the process. Our local cuisine is uniquely prepared to savor your palate and we take great pride in knowing that you enjoyed all your meals. We are frantic that you are willing to return to the Hummingbird Beach Resort and we look forward to serving you again.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed May 22, 2013

When one visit this Resort there left breathless cause of the amazing view that no luxury resort in the north like sandals can only dream of having. I was giving a reminder to comment about my stay.The resort is a beach front property where locals access a lovely volcanic sand beach. Myself and my husband stayed in a Superior Room which has a balcony which over looks the Ocean and the Petite Piton, the room looks like it was recently renovated with lovely floor tiles and beautiful bedding, never have a seen a Caribbean hotel with such a large small refrigerator that can keep you items chilled. The staff at the resort are friendly and very helpful. I was always asked how i was doing during my stay which made my feel cared for. The foods also is amazing i highly recommend you choose the Fish Creole. My room were cleaned daily with fresh towels every day. All i could say is i had a wonderful vacation here at the Hummingbird.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank paulaforever1980
Reviewed April 26, 2013

My husband and I just returned from 10 days in St. Lucia. Two of our nights were spent at the Hummingbird Resort. Our room, a Superior Piton View Room, was wonderful. It had a great, comfortable bed and attractive furnishings. The room was clean, had lots of fresh flowers and a screened deck with incredible views of the Pitons. Our only room complaint is that the ceiling fan was not sufficient. Either a more powerful fan or AC would help (although I'm not a fan of AC). We loved the breakfasts which were included in our room cost and the bar/dining area is great. Drinks are pricey - 3X the cost of those in Rodney Bay. Our dinner was good, not great. We found people in Rodney Bay far more friendly, interested, and outgoing than those in Soufriere. It baffled us.
We were very disappointed in St Lucia and we have traveled to many islands. The Pitons are spectacular but beaches and waters are much prettier elsewhere. This we never expected! We rented a car and made a point to see most of the island. Litter is a huge problem...truly worse than in places like Barbados, parts Mexico, PR, Vieques, Bahamas, on and on. While snorkeling we saw as many plastic bags and bottles as fish. The large contained resorts are gorgeous but that is not the way we generally like to travel. We like small, local hotels and restaurants..We like to enter a town and experience local culture, authentic local food, dance, art... it doesn't come easy in St Lucia. It seems that most tourists stay within the confines of their hotel for the majority of their trip.

Room Tip: Stay in a room with a view! That is what makes this inn special.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jjmjlm
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We knew we were in for a local feel, but were surprised at the poor cleaning of the rooms and general maintenance. The people were more freindly than most we met in St Lucia. We did like the food and the bar. Great view of the Pitons and fun hiking.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Harrison-the-hiker
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I felt compelled to post a comment to give balance to the last 2 very negative comments. I am the wife of Mark who posted Petit Piton… Grand Hospitality. We were at the Hummingbird at the same time as the couple who have just posted. I cannot comment on their room/noise levels etc., I can comment on… The beach outside the Hummingbird is a local (not private) sandy (not pebbles) beach for use by all. Why not savor the fact that the young men of town played football together (they only did it once in the 6 days we were there). The sea was clear and great to swim in. Prices of food and drinks were the same as we saw all over the island. Nothing is cheap. The food was glorious and part of the charm of the Caribbean is that it doesn't come quickly! All staff were friendly, helpful and curious to find out about us. Wi Fi reception was fine in the bar area. As for the gardens - where can you go wandering and be offered guavas, tamarinds and papaya picked fresh from the tree? Soufriere is a charming town. We never felt threatened and quite frequently wandered around the locality as a family of 4. We didn't want to leave! The Hummingbird proudly advertises what it delivers – if you are looking for 5 star, pristine luxury with everything included, this is not the place for you. If you are looking for charm, warmth, great food and facilities as well as the best view of the Petit Piton, then please choose Hummingbird!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Lisa P
HummingbirdSt_Lucia, General Manager at Hummingbird Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Hello Pettit family,

Thank you for Such a wonderful review about the Hummingbird Beach Resort, It was a pleasure accommodating you and your family here. We would also like to thank you for reassuring clients that the Hummingbird beach Resort is an ideal Resort for your St. Lucia vacation. We're a locally owned resort that which caters to couples and family and make it our duty to ensure that every client who visits the Hummingbird is satisfied. We encourage others to notify us of the improvement and work together to ensure that the recommendation are implemented.

We don't sell a luxury brand what we do offer is a true authentic St. Lucian style leaving with our famous French Creole Cuisine and an amazing view of the Piton and Ocean.

Once again I would like to thank you and your family for choosing the Hummingbird Beach resort as your home away from home. And it would be my utmost pleasure to welcome you back to the Hummingbird Beach Resort in the near future.

Joan A. Stowe

Also consider these accommodations in or near Soufriere
1 mi away
#3 of 13 in Gros Islet
Ti Kaye Resort & Spa
Ti Kaye Resort & Spa
#1 of 1 in Anse Cochon

Been to Hummingbird Beach Resort? Share your experiences!