My husband and I just returned from 10 days in St. Lucia. Two of our nights were spent at the Hummingbird Resort. Our room, a Superior Piton View Room, was wonderful. It had a great, comfortable bed and attractive furnishings. The room was clean, had lots of fresh flowers and a screened deck with incredible views of the Pitons. Our only room complaint is that the ceiling fan was not sufficient. Either a more powerful fan or AC would help (although I'm not a fan of AC). We loved the breakfasts which were included in our room cost and the bar/dining area is great. Drinks are pricey - 3X the cost of those in Rodney Bay. Our dinner was good, not great. We found people in Rodney Bay far more friendly, interested, and outgoing than those in Soufriere. It baffled us.
We were very disappointed in St Lucia and we have traveled to many islands. The Pitons are spectacular but beaches and waters are much prettier elsewhere. This we never expected! We rented a car and made a point to see most of the island. Litter is a huge problem...truly worse than in places like Barbados, parts Mexico, PR, Vieques, Bahamas, on and on. While snorkeling we saw as many plastic bags and bottles as fish. The large contained resorts are gorgeous but that is not the way we generally like to travel. We like small, local hotels and restaurants..We like to enter a town and experience local culture, authentic local food, dance, art... it doesn't come easy in St Lucia. It seems that most tourists stay within the confines of their hotel for the majority of their trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hummingbird Beach Resort is a small, intimate resort, located in the scenic town of Soufriere on the south western part of St. Lucia, home to the famous pitons – a world heritage site. Hummingbird Beach Resort has eight (8) beautifully decorated rooms, most of which offer magnificent views of the ocean and the pitons. We also have a Country Cottage which accommodates a family of four (4) comfortably, it is fully furnished and offers breathtaking views of the pitons. We are world renowned for our French Creole Cuisine, award winning cocktails and beautiful batik studio. We are located on the beach and also have a fresh water swimming pool. We do arrange a wide range of tours and excursions. Spa treatments can be made available on request. Let us host your dream wedding or wedding reception dinner. Our tropical island setting and renowned hospitality combine to make your Caribbean wedding and honeymoon an unforgettable experience. Make the charming Hummingbird Beach Resort your choice of accommodation in Soufriere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and Hotwire so you can book your Hummingbird Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hummingbird Beach Hotel
- Hummingbird Beach Soufrière
- Hummingbird Beach Resort St. Lucia/Soufriere