We stayed at this place in April 2012. It has a good location, you can easily visit all the attractions - the rainforest, the volcanic mud bath, botanic garden etc. If you arent lazy, you can take a walk to the beautiful beach - Anse Chastanet. There you can even take a guided tour of the breathtaking Jade Mountain hotel (it is worth!)
The rooms were clean, the staff cleaned them every day. They even decorate the room + bathroom with flowers, it is nice.
However, the walls are thin so you might hear people from the next room talking, walking...in case you are sensitive to these things. We were not, but we noticed it.
The hotel bar is cute, they serve good drinks and the bartenders are very nice, too.
What we did not really like was the surroundings of the hotel, but they are rebuilding the area, they are building some park there, if I understood it right. The beach in front of the hotel wasnt very nice either, but well, if you wish to take a swim in the morning, you can do so.
We also had 2 or 3 meals at the hotel restaurant and they were delicious - I especially liked the seafood curry.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hummingbird Beach Resort is a small, intimate resort, located in the scenic town of Soufriere on the south western part of St. Lucia, home to the famous pitons – a world heritage site. Hummingbird Beach Resort has eight (8) beautifully decorated rooms, most of which offer magnificent views of the ocean and the pitons. We also have a Country Cottage which accommodates a family of four (4) comfortably, it is fully furnished and offers breathtaking views of the pitons. We are world renowned for our French Creole Cuisine, award winning cocktails and beautiful batik studio. We are located on the beach and also have a fresh water swimming pool. We do arrange a wide range of tours and excursions. Spa treatments can be made available on request. Let us host your dream wedding or wedding reception dinner. Our tropical island setting and renowned hospitality combine to make your Caribbean wedding and honeymoon an unforgettable experience. Make the charming Hummingbird Beach Resort your choice of accommodation in Soufriere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo, Travelocity, Hotwire and Hotels.com so you can book your Hummingbird Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hummingbird Beach Hotel
- Hummingbird Beach Soufrière
- Hummingbird Beach Resort St. Lucia/Soufriere