We could not have found a better place for our honeymoon than Anse Chastanet (and Jade Mountain) in St. Lucia! From the moment we arrived at the airport, their service level was amazing. Every employee was authentic and sincere- they truly cared how your stay was going. All of the food was delicious! As were the cocktails. As they suggest prior to arrival and when you arrive, it's best to get a meal plan instead of paying ala carte. It's definitely worth the money (you end up saving a lot)! Plus, you can relax and enjoy every moment without worrying how much you're spending everytime you eat or drink. As their website and the reviews say, there are quite a few stairs from the beach to the rooms. But, honestly, they were refreshing! Plus, they have a shuttle available if you want a ride. We got the 7 night Yin/Yang package- first 4 nights at Anse Chastanet Hillside Deluxe, last 3 in a room at Jade Mountain. Both accomodations were amazingly beautiful and comfortable. We loved having the missing wall as the sea breeze was so refreshing (you could hear the ocean!), the jungle views were inspiring and the openness reminded us that we were in a special place. There were few bugs, and occasionally a lizard or bird would visit which was fun. All of the activities and guides were just awesome- from Meno to Xavier (jungle biking is a MUST!), we had a nice balance of relaxation and activities. I do wish we'd taken more advantage of the snorkeling as it was such easy access- but we'll just have to go back again one day! The 2nd beach, Anse Mamin, was so easy to get to and enjoy. The rumor that they have the best hamburger is true- it was delicious! I was almost in tears when we left to go back home- I just wanted to stay! Friendly and attentive staff, beach and jungle paradise- this is the best spot for a honeymoon- or any romantic vacation!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tranquility, Romance, Adventure: What were Caribbean hotels like when you sat watching the sunset instead of cable TV? You can still find that Classic Caribbean at Anse Chastanet on St. Lucia’s quiet southwestern coast where two magical peaks, the Pitons, leap from the sea and the mountains are covered with luminous greenery.Architect owner Nick Troubetzkoy believes passionately in nature. So he created a hotel that makes the foliage and the flowers, the perfumes and the peaks, the sea and the bird song an integral part of your vacation experience. The estate encompasses 600 lush tropical acres bordering two soft sand beaches. The resort’s two crystal-clear bays are part of a designated marine reserve protecting miles of colorful coral reefs teeming with tropical fish.With such a unique setting as his canvas, Nick Troubetzkoy was inspired to design a one -of-a-kind resort. A dozen rooms are tucked in behind the coconut palms that line the beach and the remainder tip toe up a flower decked hillside, taking advantage of the captivating scenery all around. Anse Chastanet’s ever growing art collection provides a visual feast of its own. There are impressive wooden sculptures and plaques, earthy burlap compositions, painted “sky ceilings” and vibrant acrylic paintings invoking memories of Matisse and Picasso.And while the sensuous seclusion of the rooms provides some guests with the perfect excuse for lolling away the day on the balcony, others head out to partake in the many activities on offer; yoga, snorkeling, scuba diving, tennis, sunset sailing, sea kayaking or jungle biking, hiking and bird-watching among the ruins of an 18th century colonial plantation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Anse Chastanet reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anse Chastanet Hotel Soufrière
- Anse Chastanet St. Lucia/Soufriere
- Anse Chastenet