“A beautiful Hotel with breathtaking views and fantastic food”
Review of Anse Chastanet

Anse Chastanet
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Soufriere
GreenLeadersGold level
Andover, United Kingdom
“A beautiful Hotel with breathtaking views and fantastic food”
Reviewed September 17, 2010

We came here for our 10th Wedding Anniversary after being recommended by my parents who had come for their anniversary 8 years previous. It is in a beautiful setting overlooking a small bay with the Pitons behind. If you want state of the art hotel rooms with air coditioning, TV and telephone and large swimming pool in the complex and local wildlife nearby in a park, This is NOT for you ! The rooms are found in the jungle hills with all the flora and fauna right there with you and decorated with beautiful art work but no technology! The Tree house, New tree house and Petit Piton Restaurants are all fabulously decorated with art on the walls and sculptures and serve amazing food including a vegetarian menu. They are situated up high overlooking the bay. Down the many steps to the beach you will find another restaurant which in the evening has a Grill menu or Apsara, which is a mix of Caribbean and Indian food. There is also another bay where there is a grill at lunchtime and a bar where the cocktails are fabulous ! The staff are the most friendly and helpful we have met in a long time. It was so peaceful, great if you just want to get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. It is an active resort too, if you want it to be, partly because of all the steps ! There are Yoga and fitness classes during the day on the beach at the pavillion. Kayaks, mountain biking, snorkling and scuba diving are also available. Could not fault the resort at all. We had an amazing time and would love to go back soon.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (327)
Ardmore
Reviewed September 14, 2010

I just wanted to write a review because I used trip advisor so much to choose our destination. My fiance and I traveled to St. Lucia together and we got married there also. First and foremost I would like to say how much Cory (my fiance) and I enjoyed the staff at Anse Chastanet. Everyone we encounted at the resort was so lovely. Of the staff we really enjoyed Peter Jean Paul, Marilyn, Janel, and Dave. The only person at the Resort we didnt quite enjoy was a lady named Cedelle, who just didnt seem to be a very happy person... everyone else was just so lovely. It was a very relaxing and magnificent vacation/wedding/honeymoon. I would go back in a heartbeat. There are a lot of stairs and if you are in shape you should have no problem with the stairs. We thought of the stairs as our exercise on vacation. They also have a shuttle that you can take down to the beach. Our wedding was just beautiful and the photographer was wonderful. We couldnt have asked for better pictures. The food was pretty good, now I say this being pregnant and having had no taste for anything but cantelope before I left. If you can do it, I would reccomend doing the all inclusive meal like we did. If we hadnt the food would have been pretty expensive. We were in 15A and im not sure what the other rooms looked like but we really liked ours. It was great. Had a view of the jungle and the ocean. Some other rooms looked as though they had great views of the Pitons. The beach was great, we always had a beach hut, and the water was wonderful. The sand was really neat too, because of the volcano erupting or something a long long time ago the beach has black sand. The service was great, sometimes we caught ourselves waiting on the bill... but then we thought- "whats out hurry, its beautiful and we having nothing to do but chill" We met a friend John Bismol on the beach and his motto was "maximum chill" and I think that goes for the whole people... and we loved it. The ride to and from Anse Chastanet from the airport is quite an adventure. If you are pregnant or suffer from car sickness TAKE MEDICINE beforehand. Overall this was an awesome trip and I would tell anyone to go. If you cant have fun here... Well, i dont think you can have anywhere.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CarolAnnCoxArdmore
Central Islip, New York
Reviewed September 11, 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed at Anse Chastanet in August and had an amazing trip. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The grounds are absolutely breathtaking and ifu have a chance to check out jade mountain which is another resort just above anse chastanet, please do so. Its worth it( especially at night). My boyfriend and i snorkeled and went on a couple of excursions. It can get a bit expensive so if you are on a buget be sure to know before hand exactly what u want to do on this trip. They offer a complementary hike of Anse Mamin which was great. Our tour guide jungle, was very knowledge and friendly. Also make sure you have a drink called "coco loco" trust me. I thought the food was ok but loved the deserts. Our room was gorgeous and the fouth wall was missing. We had a tree in our shower, it was spectacular because apparantly only one room in the whole place has that. Make sure you bring lots of bug spray and itching remedies. All in all it was amazing. I will be going back and staying there in the future. It was an unforgettable vacation.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed August 25, 2010

This is the worst hotel I have been to in a long time and I have over a million air miles. Everything here is design to milk money from unsuspecting tourists. Even the road in is kept in terrible condition. The service is so horrendous we switched hotels. I have never before switched out of a hotel in my entire life and that includes the time I found pubic hair and blood on my bed at a low end hotel in Olympia Washington. When switched to a 'more expensive' hotel down the road and it ended up costing us less because there were no nickel and dime charges.

5 Thank Sasadango
New Jersey
Reviewed August 25, 2010

This was our second trip to Anse Chastanet and was even better than the first. The staff is wonderful and there is very little turnover - several remembered us from our last trip last year.

We were in room 7F, the one many of the staff said was the best in the resort and we agree. Waking up each morning to the open wall and view of the Pitons cannot be beat.

The food was very good an varied. We alternated between the main restaurant that served European-inspired dishes and the restaurant on the beach with an Indian/St Lucian menu. We enjoyed the atmosphere and the food at both. Given the resort's location (and the bumpy road leading to it) I'd highly recommend the meal plan.

We are divers and the scuba operation is very efficient and friendly. The dive boats are roomy and provide shade and the dive masters go out of their way to find interesting things underwater.

Be advised that the resort is on a hill and the walk up and down from the rooms to the restaurant and the beach requires some serious walking, but they do offer a van for those who prefer to ride.

We'd highly recommend Anse Chastanet - we already made reservations to go back next year.

1 Thank vettetraveler56
Tampa, FL
Reviewed August 11, 2010

In love with this place. The tiki huts on the beach, the food, the staff & the cottages. We had an unbelievable view of the beach and surrounding mountains. This place is perfect for a romantic, relaxing, getaway... The views are incredible, the beach area is fantastic - and you will love the food. So wonderful!

We bought the meal plan - and it worked out perfectly for us.. I would recommend this!

We had a couples massage - and enjoyed every second of the relaxation. It was raining that morning - so made it even more peaceful.

We still talk about the "Welcome Drink" tropical fruit drink they gave us - it was SO DELICIOUS!

Good luck with the steps - make sure you are in shape!! :) Enjoy... we are jealous of anyone going, we want to go back!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Manheim, PA
Reviewed August 2, 2010

This was my second stay at Anse Chastanet, and it was, unquestionably, just as good as the first one (which happens to be when I got married!). The staff are incredible - so friendly and accommodating. Without question, they help to make each and every vacation a memorable and relaxing one. Diving is spectacular - even when visibility is not at its best. I would highly recommend Anse Chastanet to anyone traveling to St. Lucia. It's secluded and enables you to make your vacation your very own.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Soufriere
Jade Mountain Resort
#2 of 4 in Cap Estate
The Landings St. Lucia
The Landings St. Lucia
#2 of 13 in Gros Islet

Been to Anse Chastanet? Share your experiences!