This summer we had to get away. It was my birthday and I wanted something special. You would think that being from LA we’d get enough surf and sun, but St. Lucia is another world. To actually be able to look down and see the sea floor- even when you’re treading water! (That doesn’t happen in Santa Monica bay.) The sea was warm as a heated pool and calm like lake water. The resort may not have a pool, but with water like this, I wouldn’t have been in a pool anyway.
The soft sand and courteous service made us not want to leave our lounge chairs. There’s a beach attendant that sweeps up and down taking orders for drinks and snacks. He brought me back what in LA is a $12 cheeseburger and a Malibu rum and Coke. Now that’s a snack! Of course the food at mealtime is beyond description. The Tree House restaurant outshined any restaurant on Melrose.
Our room was great. We were in a Hillside Deluxe overlooking the sea. Afternoons between the beach time and dinner, I loved to sit o the verandah with a glass of wine and a book. I had the lush greenery right out the window and the blue sea out beyond. Occasionally a yacht or catamaran would go by for a little added interest. I was so glad there were no TV’s around so we weren’t tempted to turn it on: what was out the window was much more enthralling.
Definitely visit the spa. I had a hot stone massage tat melted me. Granted a few days at Anse Chastanet will distress you all by itself, but a little extra pampering is worth it. I was speaking with a British woman who was staying for two weeks. She had a massage scheduled for every morning at 11. She preferred the outdoor jungle treatment room; I forget what exactly they call it. I didn’t get a chance to partake in the outdoor spa, but it sounded like an amazing experience.
As if this glowing rambling isn’t enough- I loved my stay so much that I’m sending Mom. She’s having a milestone birthday later this year, so I’m sending her and her sister for a week all-inclusive. They need the pampering. Besides, my aunt is a diver, and I was told by the diving guests: there’s no other place in the world like St. Lucia for diving, especially right off Anse’s beach. I’ll have to have them repost when they get back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tranquility, Romance, Adventure: What were Caribbean hotels like when you sat watching the sunset instead of cable TV? You can still find that Classic Caribbean at Anse Chastanet on St. Lucia’s quiet southwestern coast where two magical peaks, the Pitons, leap from the sea and the mountains are covered with luminous greenery.Architect owner Nick Troubetzkoy believes passionately in nature. So he created a hotel that makes the foliage and the flowers, the perfumes and the peaks, the sea and the bird song an integral part of your vacation experience. The estate encompasses 600 lush tropical acres bordering two soft sand beaches. The resort’s two crystal-clear bays are part of a designated marine reserve protecting miles of colorful coral reefs teeming with tropical fish.With such a unique setting as his canvas, Nick Troubetzkoy was inspired to design a one -of-a-kind resort. A dozen rooms are tucked in behind the coconut palms that line the beach and the remainder tip toe up a flower decked hillside, taking advantage of the captivating scenery all around. Anse Chastanet’s ever growing art collection provides a visual feast of its own. There are impressive wooden sculptures and plaques, earthy burlap compositions, painted “sky ceilings” and vibrant acrylic paintings invoking memories of Matisse and Picasso.And while the sensuous seclusion of the rooms provides some guests with the perfect excuse for lolling away the day on the balcony, others head out to partake in the many activities on offer; yoga, snorkeling, scuba diving, tennis, sunset sailing, sea kayaking or jungle biking, hiking and bird-watching among the ruins of an 18th century colonial plantation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Anse Chastanet reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anse Chastanet Hotel Soufrière
- Anse Chastanet St. Lucia/Soufriere
- Anse Chastenet