Anse Chastanet
Fond Doux Plantation & Resort(Soufriere)(Great Value!)
$165
Stonefield Villa Resort(Soufriere)(Great Value!)
$312
$303
$400
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $486/night.

Boucan by Hotel Chocolat(Soufriere)(Great Value!)
$853
$413
Orbitz.com
La Haut Resort(Soufriere)(Great Value!)
$117
Hummingbird Beach Resort(Soufriere)(Great Value!)
$146
  • Breakfast included
$133
Villa des Pitons(Soufriere)(Great Value!)
$120
$689
$612
Jade Mountain Resort(Soufriere)
$1,602
$1,110
Hotels.com
1,249 results
All reviewshillside deluxebeach levelair conditioningvegetarian restaurantjade mountaintreehouse restaurantbeach grilljungle bikingmeal planst luciascuba divingpremium roomdive shopdive staffyellow flagdive masteropen air
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We recently stayed in Anse Chastanet on a diving trip. What a phenomenal place!! The room was fabulous; the staff exceptionally friendly and helpful. It was totally romantic and restful: no phones, no alarm clocks, no internet, no TV!! Boring you say? Not at all. Bring the right person along and you will have an unforgettable time.

No pool, beach only... Great diving on the premises

1  Thank Gerard W
Reviewed March 18, 2013

It had been more than 25 years since we last visited Anse Chastenet. At that time we rented a house called Cloud Nine above the resort, but were permitted to use the restaurant and beach at the resort. It was a lush, beautiful setting that we feared might have lost some of its charm and attraction over the intervening years. It didn't! If anything, the resort is even better with the addition of two new restaurants and improved services on the beach. The dining options and fare are significantly improved over our previous time there. The chef and his staff provide numerous options, all of which are typically well-prepared and presented. They also use locally grown ingredients which helps with freshness and taste. We so enjoyed the setup we never left the resort, which is atypical for us. The charm of the octagonal cottages remains intact. We toured the Jade Mountain facility as well, which is built above Anse Chastenet. Though impressive, Jade Mountain lacks the charm, lushness, and proximity to the beach that Anse Chastenet offers. The staff at Anse Chastenet are exceptionally friendly and helpful. We did a bike trek through another part of the resort's property that was once a plantation. Both the tour guide and the paths were great. The accommodations, food, staff, service, beach, snorkeling, etc. were all top notch. The only downside to the resort is getting there (the van ride from the airport is winding and rocky especially as you approach the resort--something that remains the same after 25 years) and there are a lot of steps to walk up and down to and from the beach. But those are niggles compared to the resort's other outstanding attributes. We will definitely be going back and won't wait 25 years to do so.

Room Tip: We stayed in 1B which is close the main restaurant and bar facilities, which was convenient and cut down the number of steps to either those facilities or the beach. Provided great view of the Pitons, but a more limited view of the beach and sea. Next time plan to stay at either 1A or 2A which appeared to have a better view of the beach/sea.
1  Thank VacLover52
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We were looking for a relaxing place for a babymoon and booked Anse Chastanet. It didn't disappoint! The villas were lovely. Ours had an incredible view of the Pitons and the water, and so we spent a good deal of time sitting on the porch, watching the birds and taking in the breathtaking views. We were slightly worried about the lack of air conditioning, but it was not an issue at all -- the room was cool and breezy at night, and the sheets and robes are thin, so we were never hot. The beds are all outfitted with mosquito nets, and we found sleeping under them to be quite romantic.

The beach exceeded expectations. The black sand wasn't rocky at all, and the water was clear and beautiful. We spent most of our days there, just relaxing under the cabanas. Although we'd venture out to the resort's second beach most days for lunch -- the burger there is worth the trek.

The service was also excellent; everyone was friendly and welcoming. The only slight drawbacks are (1) the winding car ride to the resort, which did make me a little nauseous, and (2) the steep stairs that lead you to and from the beach. But you forget about the car ride as soon as you arrive at the resort, and the stairs end up being a nice built-in form of exercise.

In short, it was a lovely stay, and we would love to return someday!

1  Thank SpencerMae
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Anse Chastanet is a wonderful place to excape winter. The service is superb. The views are amazing. It is hard to beat. There are no buffet restaurants. Everything is a la carte. The dinner menu rotates every night and repeats itself on a two week cycle. You can go for two weeks and never see the same menu twice. The food is very good.

For us, it wasn't a down side but for some it might be. There are no TV's or telephones in the room. There is no AC in the room but there are big windows on 6 sides (octagon shaped rooms), a ceiling fan and an oscilating floor fan. They go out of their way to prevent mosquitos and it obviously worked. I didn't see one. Wifi is free but only available in the main bar area. It is not available in the restaurants (enjoy your meal). There is no pool available, but who need it with a wonderful beach complete with a great reef for diving/snorkelling.

I would not recommend this resort for families with small children. Without a TV or pool kids could get bored easily.

If you are mobility impaired, Anse Chastanet could be a challenge. There are 129 steps to go down to get from the main entrance to the beach. A shuttle is available on demand, at no cost. The rooms are up a steep hill from the main entrance. It doesn't take long for the huffing and puffing to go away.

Unfortunately, they do allow smoking in the bar. That was our biggest disappointment.

Please see a seperate review of Scuba St. Lucia, the dive facility associated with the resort.

Room Tip: The higher up the hill you are the longer the walk but the better the view of the Pitons.
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I booked a quick, last minute getaway for my mother and I, to take our minds off of a loss in the family. It could not have been more perfect.
Of course, in booking the trip last minute it was difficult to find availability. I booked a beach side deluxe for the last couple of nights, but my first night had NO availability (I made the mistake of booking my flight first). They were very accommodating and understanding of my situation and found a hill side room for us. They were so nice through phone and email that I knew I had made the correct choice of resort. When we did arrive at the resort, I was blown away by their kindness and the natural beauty of the grounds.
The view from the first room was a breathtaking panoramic of the Pitons and the ocean. It was all open air and very private, the best part being the HUGE open air shower (making me wish I was honeymooning and not with my mother, but I digress). The second room was also very beautiful, the view outside was of the lush land with a lot of birds coming through, my mother's favorite was a little hummingbird that came to visit before dinner both nights. The beach side rooms completely avoid the stairs to the beach and to most of the activities, it's just a hidden pathway to the rooms from the beach. Also, they are air conditioned!
The staff was amazing. Junior makes being on the beach an even HAPPIER experience. Troy made some of the best drinks I've ever had, plus he's a great dancer. Garfield was very knowledgable of the island's history and we had a wonderful day of kayaking with him; the bat cave was quite the site! I could write forever about the wonderful men and women that make that resort worth every penny, I felt as if I was amongst family.
To boost, the food was superb, and I am a very snobby eater. I usually expect mediocre-but-pretty food on vacation, but their meals won me over in taste and presentation. I definitely recommend whatever the date-souffle-type-dessert was at Aspara (the Indian restaurant), if you'd like to know what heaven tastes like.
There was a lot to do: water sports, excursions, hikes, spa services.. unfortunately our three night trip did not leave room for everything, but it is just an excuse to go back, and most definitely will be back!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family