My husband and I just celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary at The Anse Chastenet. We first visited the hotel in 1992 for our honeymoon and stayed in 5C. 20 years later we splurged and stayed in 7C. WOW! Absolutely the best room on property. The room is large, has a terrific view for sunset and a wonderful area to enjoy breakfast. With the "No 4th Wall" we were able to sleep each night listening to the tree frogs and the island band music below. I have never been so at rest. Many past reviews had commented about moquitos. We did not have one bug bite while on the Anse Chastanet property. My husband, however had a couple of bites from going into town. We sprayed ourselves from then on if we went offsite around sunset and later.
The service staff is so spectacular. We just LOVE Monica (restaurant), Pamela (beach bar), Flora (Anse Mamin Beach), Michelle (Tree House) and also another Monica (from Registration - Jade Mountain).
The most spectulcar thing was the opportunity that Monica arranged for us to upgrade for one night to Jade Mountain. For FREE!! We packed our bags, they took them up for us and we were greeted by Teddy our Butler. It was just a spectacular "last evening" for us. They are really smart because now I am going to have to return so that I can experience Jade Mountain for an entire week! It is just that great. If you have the money - do it! The infinity pool in your room is unbelievable.
Both resorts are very special and I will always hold dear a place in my heart for the kind people that work there that make each visit so memorable.
If you are looking to go off property and dine I would strongly recommend La Haut. If you stop in ahead of time you can ask them to prepare lobster tail for you that is simply to die for! We ate their twice during our trip. We also really like Boucan. Very trendy and edgy food. Great play on using Chocolate.
A tour of the botanical gardens (just go on your own) is fantastic. It was Napleons gift to Josephine and the flora is outstanding.
St Lucia is difficult to get to, but worth the effort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tranquility, Romance, Adventure: What were Caribbean hotels like when you sat watching the sunset instead of cable TV? You can still find that Classic Caribbean at Anse Chastanet on St. Lucia’s quiet southwestern coast where two magical peaks, the Pitons, leap from the sea and the mountains are covered with luminous greenery.Architect owner Nick Troubetzkoy believes passionately in nature. So he created a hotel that makes the foliage and the flowers, the perfumes and the peaks, the sea and the bird song an integral part of your vacation experience. The estate encompasses 600 lush tropical acres bordering two soft sand beaches. The resort’s two crystal-clear bays are part of a designated marine reserve protecting miles of colorful coral reefs teeming with tropical fish.With such a unique setting as his canvas, Nick Troubetzkoy was inspired to design a one -of-a-kind resort. A dozen rooms are tucked in behind the coconut palms that line the beach and the remainder tip toe up a flower decked hillside, taking advantage of the captivating scenery all around. Anse Chastanet’s ever growing art collection provides a visual feast of its own. There are impressive wooden sculptures and plaques, earthy burlap compositions, painted “sky ceilings” and vibrant acrylic paintings invoking memories of Matisse and Picasso.And while the sensuous seclusion of the rooms provides some guests with the perfect excuse for lolling away the day on the balcony, others head out to partake in the many activities on offer; yoga, snorkeling, scuba diving, tennis, sunset sailing, sea kayaking or jungle biking, hiking and bird-watching among the ruins of an 18th century colonial plantation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Anse Chastanet reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anse Chastanet Hotel Soufrière
- Anse Chastanet St. Lucia/Soufriere
- Anse Chastenet