When my husband and I recently went to St. Lucia for a much needed vacation, we were very pleased to have picked and stayed at Anse Chastanet, and what a SPOT!! WOW is a word that comes to mind when thinking of this place. The hotel was amazing and the room we stayed in (7B) had an excellent view of the Pitons...(besides trying to get me off the beach, getting me out of the room was just as tough)
Although it is a few steps away from the beach they have shuttles dedicated to driving people up and down but my husband and I thought it was a blessing in disguise as we needed to work off all the amazing food from the 5 DIFFERENT menus! We never got tired of the food because it changed regularly, not to mention it was very filling!
When we checked out the excursions offered through the hotel we were pleasantly surprised at all there was to offer. There were many things we wanted to do and unfortunately couldn't try them all and it was a toss up between the half day sailing and the Jazzy sunset cruise (only available on Thursdays) and we decided to do....BOTH!! and we are so glad we did! The sailing was a good way to experience more of St. Lucia from the water. When we looked back at the hotel we were amazed to not only see the sister property JADE MOUNTAIN but Anse Chastanet nestled away as part of the landscape...On the sailing trip we enjoyed yummy snacks and drinks along with having a very informative guide.
When we went on the Jazzy sunset cruise we were lucky to have a great sunset that night..the o'hordes and drinks topped off the evening. All on board enjoyed....We will be back to do this again.
The snorkeling from the Anse Chastanet beach was the best we have ever experienced in the caribbean...and the guys at the dive shop were more than helpful..especially when I lost the snorkel mask that was provided by the hotel at the bottom of the reef...I felt so bad but they said not to worry about it and the very next day one of the guys from the dive shop found me on the beach to let me know that they had got it when they went for a shore dive that morning...now THAT'S service!
ALL OF the staff was top notch...the safety and comfort we felt at this hotel seemed to be top priority...we never had any issues with the service and I think we even came away with a few extra St. Lucian friends who couldn't do enough for us! They were right there even before we knew what we wanted lol..... i wanted to bring a few of them home with me...thanks guys, I'll definitely beeee back.... If I could, I would give this hotel 6 stars!
If you have any questions... feel free to ask!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tranquility, Romance, Adventure: What were Caribbean hotels like when you sat watching the sunset instead of cable TV? You can still find that Classic Caribbean at Anse Chastanet on St. Lucia’s quiet southwestern coast where two magical peaks, the Pitons, leap from the sea and the mountains are covered with luminous greenery.Architect owner Nick Troubetzkoy believes passionately in nature. So he created a hotel that makes the foliage and the flowers, the perfumes and the peaks, the sea and the bird song an integral part of your vacation experience. The estate encompasses 600 lush tropical acres bordering two soft sand beaches. The resort’s two crystal-clear bays are part of a designated marine reserve protecting miles of colorful coral reefs teeming with tropical fish.With such a unique setting as his canvas, Nick Troubetzkoy was inspired to design a one -of-a-kind resort. A dozen rooms are tucked in behind the coconut palms that line the beach and the remainder tip toe up a flower decked hillside, taking advantage of the captivating scenery all around. Anse Chastanet’s ever growing art collection provides a visual feast of its own. There are impressive wooden sculptures and plaques, earthy burlap compositions, painted “sky ceilings” and vibrant acrylic paintings invoking memories of Matisse and Picasso.And while the sensuous seclusion of the rooms provides some guests with the perfect excuse for lolling away the day on the balcony, others head out to partake in the many activities on offer; yoga, snorkeling, scuba diving, tennis, sunset sailing, sea kayaking or jungle biking, hiking and bird-watching among the ruins of an 18th century colonial plantation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, West Indies, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Anse Chastanet reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anse Chastanet Hotel Soufrière
- Anse Chastanet St. Lucia/Soufriere
- Anse Chastenet