My wife and I had a fantastic stay here and we are already looking for an excuse to return. One of the reasons we had such a good time was because we researched our holiday carefuly and there are a few things to be aware of if you are planning on coming here. A few headlines:
- Food and drink is expensive if you are not on a 'meal deal'. Some might say shockingly so. The all-inclusive option for a week+ stay is an absolute must and we felt it was excellent value.
- As you have probably gathered from other reviews by now - the hillside location of the resort means you will get very familiar with climbing steps. We quite liked this though as it helped keep the calories off.
- As the sun goes in, the biting insects come out. Obtain some strong repellent for when you are in the bar or restaurant. The room is fine thanks to good mosquito nets around the bed and anti-bug burners.
- No air con. Not an issue if you are up in Jade Mountain with a private pool, but the heat can become oppressive at times.
The food was excellent, varied, fresh, cooked to perfection and interesting. Service was (nearly) always conducted with a smile and was attentive and effecient. You can order wine by the glass (a choice of 3 reds, 3 whites) if you are on the all inclusive plan which are quite pleasant. Breakfast comes in the form of a buffet which was always an excellent start to the day. We were both very impressed with the quality of food on offer.
There is a truly awful road to be traversed if you are entering or leaving the resort, which makes you seriously think twice about any excursions unless it is via boat. This is a surprising feature considering attention to detail in the rest of the resort. Two beautiful beaches are available with thankfully only a bare mimimum of pestering from a couple of the locals which the hotel obviously tolerates. We didn't use the scuba centre but the snorkelling was excellent - you only need to travel a few meters from the beach to find teeming varietes of sealife.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tranquility, Romance, Adventure: What were Caribbean hotels like when you sat watching the sunset instead of cable TV? You can still find that Classic Caribbean at Anse Chastanet on St. Lucia’s quiet southwestern coast where two magical peaks, the Pitons, leap from the sea and the mountains are covered with luminous greenery.Architect owner Nick Troubetzkoy believes passionately in nature. So he created a hotel that makes the foliage and the flowers, the perfumes and the peaks, the sea and the bird song an integral part of your vacation experience. The estate encompasses 600 lush tropical acres bordering two soft sand beaches. The resort’s two crystal-clear bays are part of a designated marine reserve protecting miles of colorful coral reefs teeming with tropical fish.With such a unique setting as his canvas, Nick Troubetzkoy was inspired to design a one -of-a-kind resort. A dozen rooms are tucked in behind the coconut palms that line the beach and the remainder tip toe up a flower decked hillside, taking advantage of the captivating scenery all around. Anse Chastanet’s ever growing art collection provides a visual feast of its own. There are impressive wooden sculptures and plaques, earthy burlap compositions, painted “sky ceilings” and vibrant acrylic paintings invoking memories of Matisse and Picasso.And while the sensuous seclusion of the rooms provides some guests with the perfect excuse for lolling away the day on the balcony, others head out to partake in the many activities on offer; yoga, snorkeling, scuba diving, tennis, sunset sailing, sea kayaking or jungle biking, hiking and bird-watching among the ruins of an 18th century colonial plantation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Anse Chastanet reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anse Chastanet Hotel Soufrière
- Anse Chastanet St. Lucia/Soufriere
- Anse Chastenet