“An Amazing Personalized and Customized Tour Experience”

Treasure Tours St. Lucia
$115.00*
Soufriere Land and Sea Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: For the best excursions in St.Lucia; Soufriere experience tours, ziplining, rainforest and piton hikes,land & sea tours,sunset cruises, sailing, historical tours, bird watching tours, etc. contact Treasure Tours. From the most romantic and relaxing to the most adveturous tours on the island, we are here to help you experience the best vacation ever!
Reviewed March 19, 2013

If you are looking for a private, personalized and informative tour that is also customizable on the fly, Treasure Tours is for you!

We stayed at a resort near Rodney Bay and wanted a day trip to Soufriere. However, prepackaged tours offered by resort (and other tour companies) are not geared toward pre-teen and teenage boys. My sons groaned at the thought of mud baths and botanical gardens but zip-lining at Morne Coubaril was a hit. I wanted to see the Pitons and the Tet Paul Nature trail was highly rated on TripAdvisor as having great views (it does!).

I found Treasure Tours on-line. It was one of the few tour companies that included both the Tet Paul Trail and Morne Coubaril in its Best of St. Lucia package. The Land and Sea option also provided snorkelling. For about $20 US less per person than offered through our resort or by ACV, we received a private tour in an air conditioned 10 seater bus that included pick-up at our resort, a drive through Castries, Anse-La-Raye, Canaries to Soufriere, with stops for scenic views en route. In Soufriere, included was a tour of Morne Coubaril, the Tet Paul Trail, Sulphur Springs and Toraille Waterfall, together with lunch and all admission fees. After, the tour also included a catamaran trip (arranged with a different company) back to Castries, with stops for snorkelling at Anse Chastanet, a view of Marigot Bay, and a bus transfer back to our resort. Zip-lining was optional and offered at a $14 US per person discount.

Two weeks before the trip, I e-mailed Charkar who quickly responded. She answered all my questions concerning the tour package, car sickness, the safety of zip-lining, customization, and she provided quotes for the various options. We hadn't quite decided on the specific package (By Land only, By Land and Sea, By Sea Only) but Charkar provided quotes for each option. She thoughtfully even obtained a quote for a catamaran trip that would return us directly to the resort, but was more expensive. She also suggested the best day to avoid volume tour groups. We paid a small deposit (via Paypal or Visa) with the balance to be paid after the tour (5% more if paid by credit card). On arrival in St Lucia, we sent a confirmation e-mail to Charkar who then provided us with instructions, itinerary and price for the selected package.

On the day of the trip, we were met at our resort at 8:15 as agreed by Jayanne and Adonijoh (who is truly an excellent, smooth driver). We were treated to a wealth of information on our 1.5 hr drive to Soufriere: military history, school systems, Nobel laureates, Hess Oil, plant and animal species, geology and more. The boys listened since Jayanne's name was later invoked to settle arguments on the height of the Pitons and the top three industries in St Lucia. The itinerary was rearranged to give us sufficient time for zip-lining and to avoid crowds. We went to Morne Coubaril first with only one other group of 4 people ahead of us, followed by a quick, but informative hike on the Tet Paul Trail followed by a stop at Sulphur Springs. Charkar had provided us with a welcomed cooler of drinks as well as cookies (for the kids). Throughout, Jayanne was updated on arrangements and other tour groups. We were offered an alternate lunch location (Rafters - excellent chicken roti!) than the buffet at Morne Coubaril so as to avoid other tour groups. A group arrived at the restaurant as we left completely filling it up with people. Meanwhile, we were given enough time to enjoy each stop and our lunch, and we were delivered to the catamaran in excellent time for the trip back. All told, the tour was 8.5 hours.

My son left a hat at the restaurant. After the trip, I e-mailed Charkar about the hat since it had sentimental value. She had a driver retrieve and deliver it to our resort the next day. That speaks volumes about Treasure Tours. Customers first! I greatly appreciate the thoughtfulness, personal attention, organization and efficiency of Charkar and Treasure Tours. The entire process has been smooth, worry-free and absolutely pleasurable. It was the most memorable day of our trip to St Lucia. Thank you!

1  Thank FamilyfunXsix

Reviewed March 1, 2013

My friend and I came to St. Lucia for a day by cruise ship. Charkar was absolutely amazing to work with before hand planning our day. It was a private tour for just the two of us and we planned every moment of it. Charkar and her driver picked us up from the pier on time, had a comfortable vehicle and beverages provided. She brought us where we wanted to go, was very informative, she took photos of us all day and even found a pharmacy for me because the roads made me feel sick. (definitely bring something for motion sickness!). She was a complete sweetheart and her driver was very nice as well. I would definitely recommend Treasure tours when in St. Lucia! When I come back I will definitely be calling her again to do a different tour! Thanks for a great day Charkar!!
TIP-bring $1 bills for restrooms, every public bathroom requires you pay them this to use their facilities.

3  Thank Joanna2310
Reviewed January 14, 2013

So let me start by saying that I never leave reviews on websites. The only reason I do now, is that our experience was so great that I feel I must. My wife and I recently visited St. Lucia for our honeymoon. I noted that the tours and other excursions offered through the hotel seemed very over-priced so I did some research on my own. I found Treasure Tours through tripadvisor. I was pleased with the straight-forwardness of their website (descriptions of each tour, suggested "things to bring", and price), which was not true of all the other tour companies so I booked the "Honeymooner's Special" which included the botanical gardens, waterfalls, volcano, mud baths, and lunch at a local restaurant. I've given some more details below, but let me just say that this was one of the most enjoyable days of our week-long stay. Charkar was our tour guide and I can't say enough about how great, thoughtful, professional, and knowledgeable she was.

One of the nice things about all of these tours is that transportation is provided. We showed up to the front desk of our hotel about 10 minutes early just in case and were surprised to find that Charkar was already waiting on us. She had drinks in the car for us - everything from bottled water to soda to beer. She was very pleasant, friendly, and knowledgeable. We talked about everything from the island's history to the cuisine to local politics. It was much more of a conversation throughout the whole day than just sitting back and listening to a rehearsed lecture. Also our group for the day was just us three, which made for a much friendlier setting, instead of a large 20-something group being herded around.

As soon as she picked us up she let us know that we would go to the volcano and mud baths first because as the day went on this would become more crowded (especially with the cruise ship groups). She couldn't have been more right as we got there and these baths are not that big at all, and there were only about 3-4 people there with us. This allowed us to get some great photos, take our time, and really enjoy the warm mud baths.

From there we went to the Botanical Gardens, stopping at a few scenic photo places along the road. The Gardens were very busy with many tour groups, but Charkar led us quickly past them without missing any of the great flowers and a short story behind each. Once we got passed the large groups I realized how important this was. We reached the Diamond Waterfalls which are beautiful and perfect picture opportunities. Thanks to her guidance, there was no one there but us. Unfortunately, as soon as we got there our camera battery died! This was unexpected and distressing, but to our relief Charkar had brought her own camera. She gladly took quite a few photos of us and emailed them to us after the tour was over. Can't say how unexpected and nice this was, as these photos came out great! We took a ton of photos and as we were leaving that area the group of 20 arrived and were all struggling for good photo positions. Once again, I was glad that we were in a small group with a knowledgeable and conscientious guide.

After this, she took us to a local restaurant in the town of Soufriere to enjoy a local meal. The food was excellent and the restaurant was right on the water for some great views. Once again, Charkar surprised us with a few gifts for our honeymoon. She provided a few simple souvenirs of St. Lucia (bracelets, spice set, etc.). They were not large gifts, but so unexpected and thoughtful that it really made the day.

We had such a great time that we booked a second tour - the Sunset cruise trip. This trip was excellent as well. The crew even deviated from the expected course because they saw a group of dolphins, and allowed us to sail right up next to them for some great photos and dolphin watching.

Overall I can't say enough about Charkar and these great experiences. If you are going to St. Lucia and want a personal experience (not a group of 20) without the inflated hotel prices then you have to use Treasure Tours. It will make your trip!

3  Thank Josh M
Treasure Tours S, Owner at Treasure Tours St. Lucia, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2013

Thank you for such a great review. This is the type of service that i want to extend to all our customers. I am delighted that you had a great time. Hope to see you in St.Lucia again. Thank you.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

We were met by Treasure Tour representatives "Jan" and "Barry" at the cruise ship pier to begin our 4 hour tour. Jan was a walking database of all things St Lucia. Several times I had to look over her shoulder to make sure she was not reading from a travel book. While Barry drove the minivan, Jan was pointing out all the highlights. After a quick stop to a local bakery where we snacked on some hot fresh bread, we stopped at Toraille Falls. From there, we travelled to the drive in volcano. While driving back, our tour guide said that she had to leave us to pick up her child from school. Our driver Barry drove to a scenic overlook, and then took us back to the cruise port. While we understood that our guide's need to pick up her child, it did impact the quality of the tour after she left. Our driver tried his best, but compared to Jan's knowledge of the island, it felt like we missed out on the last part of the tour.
I would recommend Treasure Tours if you are looking for a more intimate tour of the island.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

I have never been on a tour anywhere with such a warm, pleasant and knowledgeable tour guide as Charkar. I worked with Charkar to organize 2 different group tours of St. Lucia, north and south. Charkar helped painlessly organize them both so that we learned tons about island life and the sites. She is a pleasure to work with. You will be very glad when you choose this tour company in St. Lucia.

TreasureToursLtd, Owner at Treasure Tours St. Lucia, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Thank you for your review. I look forward to planning your vacation with you for your next trip to St.Lucia. It was a pleasure working with you planning your group vacation. All the best. Best wishes from Treasure Tours Ltd.