“Unequalled service, accommodation and 'delivery' !”

The Landings St. Lucia
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Gros Islet
Berkshire
“Unequalled service, accommodation and 'delivery' !”
Reviewed October 11, 2009

My wife and I are accustomed to high standards of accommodation; The Landings
has set a new standard for us. The staff are extremely friendly and responsive. The
accommodation is top of the scale and the Resort is very well managed. We
celebrated a birthday and a wedding anniversary there and the 'personal touch'
was superbly done. Top notch management of an outstanding resort.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank BerkshirePedro
LandingsDirector, Director of Sales and Marketing at The Landings St. Lucia, responded to this review, January 7, 2010
First of all, happy belated birthday and anniversary. I thank you for your positive comments and I'm very happy that you enjoyed your experience at The Landings St. Lucia. The management and staff work very hard to ensure that guests have an experience of a lifetime. I'm excited that they were able to provide that for you and I hope we can host you at The Landings again soon.

Cheers,

John MacMullen
Director of Sales and Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (313)
Birmingham
Reviewed September 5, 2009

We had a lovely 3-bedroom beachfront room for 14 nights. It was very spacious and had a full kitchen and laundry. The advantage of beachfront units is that you are not overlooking the building works, which did not bother us at all. My teenage children took full advantage of the free high speed internet connection, which was excellent.

As it is low season, the hotel was pretty empty. I would guess it was at around 20% capacity, which meant that the pool, beach, restaurant and bars were more often than not empty (literally empty) when we went to use them. It is a lovely clean hotel and beach, with fantastic views from the beach.

The food in the hotel is very expensive and some way off 5 star standard (even though they have a new executive chef). The restaurant was always empty in the evenings. The hotel is quite isolated but there are better cheaper restaurants in Rodney Bay, which is about 5 minutes drive from the hotel. The hotel runs free shuttles 4 times a day or you can get a cab for £7 each way. Expect to pay £30 a head for a single course evening meal with local beers and soft drinks at a decent restaurant. Also, get the front desk to book tables at the more popular places as they can get busy.

We had few causes for complaint with the service but there were one or two such as the hotel arranging the helicopter back without telling us until the very last minute that our bags would have to go down by road nine hours beforehand! We only had 20 minutes to pack and no luggage all day. The concierge was also of no help at all when the parasailing company they had put us on to did not turn up to take the children parasailing. We also asked for a new battery to be fitted in the bathroom scales five times to no avail. On the other hand, most of the staff were extremely friendly and bent over backwards to make our stay more enjoyable, including taking us over to Pigeon island on the motor boat (which I highly recommend) and helping the children learn to sail.

As to trips, I would recommend the “Jungle Reef” safari to Anse Chastanet, for snorkelling, a great beach and lovely walks through the jungle. Also take a rainforest walk via ‘Serenity Tours’ for a gentle and informative morning walk with a Forestry Commission guide. Do not expect too much if you go to see the volcano, which is a few puffs of steam coming up through the ground.

Overall, it is not quite a 5/5 for me but it was very good. I would recommend it.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank PRLBirmingham
Texas
Reviewed August 12, 2009

My husband and I chose the island of St. Lucia to get married because we had never been there and wanted to see all the accommodations it had to offer. We chose to stay at The Landings and were thoroughly impressed with our stay. They were nothing but professional and friendly. Most of the staff members knew our party by individual name and even pulled chairs for us on the beach every morning. The hotel was absolutely beautiful, clean, and relaxing. I would highly recommend THE LANDINGS.

We also chose Awesome Caribbean Weddings to perform our ceremony on Pigeon Island. Fenella, our wedding coordinator, was absolutely fabulous. We live in Texas and I was a little worried about communicating via email. She couldn't have been better!!! Our ceremony was perfect in every way. If you are planning on getting married, I would definitely check out Awesome Caribbean Weddings.

2 Thank Britt7598
Miami
Reviewed July 23, 2009

The Landings is by far a true five star facility. The staff is cordial and accomodating. The level of service is refined elegance. The resort has gone to great lengths to provide a sanctuary of peace and quiet. Staff is by far the best trained to service the level of clientel. What a great vacation in St. Lucia everything was flawless. If you are looking for the very best book the Landings!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank LASTMiami
NYC, NY
Reviewed July 11, 2009

I simply adore this hotel. I have stayed at the many of best hotels around the world and this one surely did not let me down. The staff members are kind and courteous. The villas are high end luxury and very well kept. A must stay for anyone who plans to visit the area.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tinaj5920
Yorkshire
Reviewed June 9, 2009

I cannot speak highly enough of this resort. The apartment and facilities were fabulous and the service was first class in that understated, elegant way that the carribean does so well. NOTHING too much trouble.
I can't comment on value for money as we were fortunate enough to stay in a friend's apartment but I can say that we were delighted with everything. The apartments are all owned by private investors. Some investors put their properties in the rental pool, some keep them for themselves and even live full-time in them - that's how beautiful and well ketted out they are!
The building work didn't cause us any problems - it's all going on behind hoarding out of sight.

I must add a special thank you to Anthony, our gardener, who indulged us almost daily with unusual fruit, coconuts and even taught us to make cocoa tea and sent us home with ingredients!

Food at the restaurant was delicious and the atmosphere comfortably relaxed. Food and drink was on the pricy side with tax and service charge added on top but that seems to be a general rule with St Lucia. The setting is lovely and be sure not to miss the Manager's cocktail party on a monday night watching the sunset over the ocean.

Beach facilities and service was spot-on and free use of snorkling gear, kayaks and hobby-cats make for some good fun. If you go out in a kayak/ hobby-cat look out for the green turtle that lives in the bay! An extra thanks to resident 'Skipper' for my impromptu sailing lesson!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank PoTP
Norolk Virginia
Reviewed May 27, 2009

My wife and I just returned from our honeymoon at the Landings, which absolutely blew us away. I really needed six stars to appropriately rate the casual elegance, over the top pampering and service, and beauty of this resort.

I travel quite a bit and am a little neurotic when researching trips. This was especially so when researching my honeymoon. My wife and I chose St. Lucia because of the lush beauty of the island, the availability of hiking and other outdoor activities and the relative close proximity to our Virginia home. However, the hardest part was choosing a hotel that fit our honeymoon desires: (1) relative privacy, (2) luxurious accommodations, (3) good beach, and (4) good value.

The Landings absolutely blew us away on all of these points. First, for those of you who go over the top in internet research like me, know this. The Landings' biggest weakness is that its website pictures do not do it justice. I have stayed at numerous supposed five star resorts, and the Landings rooms are the nicest I have ever been in. However, "room" is not really the right term. Even the smallest rooms are full suites with huge balconies, beautiful kitchens, cool Italian Stone, and a gorgous minimalist elegance. Moreover, the website totally fails to capture the tropical beauty of the grounds, where dozens of types of plantlife and flowers grow in lush harmony. Our room and the hotel were so nice, it was very difficult to make ourselves leave. Finally, the on-property beach appears to be the prettiest on the island, and comes complete with cushioned beach chairs (when you get in the water the staff comes and brushes the sand off the chair), classy umbrellas, complimentary water sports, and great floats.

What no website can capture is the nature of the service at a hotel. I have never seen a staff so concerned with making sure you are comfortable and happy. Here are just a few examples of "going that extra mile," although I could give many more.

1. I had let the Landings know that this trip was my honeymoon, although I did not request any special treatment. When were taken to our room (an unasked for upgrade to a three bedroom villa) my wife was delighted to see that our four poster bed was decorated in exquisite detail by tropical flowers spelling out "Happy Honeymoon." The amount of flowers used would have cost hundreds of dollars in the states. We also had a delicious cheese and fresh food plate waiting for us in our fridge (thanks to Thia for the great service).

2. My wife was not feeling well one evening, and when room service came to bring us dinner, the waitress from the restaraunt (I wish I could remember her name) overheard Nichole describing her symptoms. The waitress immediately suggested St. Lucian ginger tea as a remedy, and returned ten minutes later with a fresh made pot, which she gave to us free of charge.

3. On one of our dinners at the Beach Club restaraunt (which is excellent) we ordered a St. Lucian dish cooked over coals in a clay pot. My wife decided she had to have such pot to cook with at home. We learned from the wait staff that no pots were available within 30 minutes drive. However, without our asking, the staff actually went to pick up a pot for us in Castries market. They then went above and beyond to make sure that the pot was mailed back to the US (Tim Smith checked four different delivery agencies for us).

These are just a few examples. All of the staff were the most genuinely warm people I have ever met.

A few final points. Although the restaraunt's menu could be a little more extensive, the food was superb. As for the construction, it really was not at all intrusive. Highlights of our trip were the zipline tour, the Soufriere tour etc. The hotel is not inexpensive, but is a great value for all you get. We are already trying to talk all of our friends into staying there. The three bedroom villa would be a great inexpensive trip when split between three couples (it is plenty big). I could go on forever about the exceptional nature of the Landings, but alas, it is time to get back to work!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
#1 of 13 in Gros Islet
Anse Chastanet
Anse Chastanet
#6 of 11 in Soufriere

Been to The Landings St. Lucia? Share your experiences!