“The Landings is close to perfect”

The Landings St. Lucia
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Gros Islet
Reviewed April 21, 2009

A peaceful and idyllic place to visit and rest awhile. The rooms we had overlooked the carribbean sea and the sea was very inviting very early in the morning. The rooms were large and first class with all amenities. The service we had during our stay was second to none . A taxi driver provided by the hotel even went out of his way to buy our bannas one evening when we were late for a meeting. Delivered the bananas to the room and our change later that evening--what service!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 21, 2009

I researched a lot about St. Lucia and The Landings before our trip and it was everything great that I read about it. I honestly don't know if I will ever go to a nicer place. The staff was amazing and will do anything to make you happy. The Construction was no concern at all. We stayed on the second floor, beach front, and the room was amazing. The only downfall was that the palm trees blocked the view a little bit, but I think that if they weren't there then the patio would be too hot to sit on. The staff would come in twice a day to take care of the room and would try to plan it around a time when you were not in the room. I did read a couple negative comments before I went, but now that I went and saw it for myself, I would not believe any of it. We had 8 people with two rooms and everyone was amazed and extremely happy. No one could believe how nice the staff was. We look at the three bedroom and it was beautiful and would love to go back in stay in one.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
LandingsDirector, Director of Sales and Marketing at The Landings St. Lucia, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2009

I am so happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay at The Landings St. Lucia. We are extremely proud of the efforts our staff members make to ensure that our guests are satisfied. Our goal is to provide you with a home away from home to ensure that you can relax and unwind while on vacation. I am thrilled to hear that you were more than satisfied with your accommodations and on behalf of The Landings staff we look forward to hosting you at The Landings again soon. Thank you again for your positive review.

Cheers,

John MacMullen
Director of Sales and Marketing

Reviewed April 19, 2009

My family and I have traveled to a warm place for the past 11 spring breaks: Cancun, Jamaica, Grand Cayman, St. Thomas, Costa Rica . We arrived home last night from The Landings in St. Lucia and it was was great! This was one of the most beautiful and best places we have been. There is much discussion on this site about the construction going on and it was not an issue at all. It is across the "bay" and was not distracting in any way.

We had a ground floor, beach front two bedroom unit. It was perfect with a beautiful view of the beach and the surroundings.Our unit was wonderful, well appointed with a kitchen, washer and dryer and full maid services twice a day.The staff was friendly and helpful. The restuarant was really good and right on the beach.

We looked at a three bedroom unit for a furture trip and they were even better! We'll be back!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank FamilyTripAlabama

I am thrilled to hear that you had such a great experience at The Landings, especially coming from someone who has travelled all across the Caribbean. It is great to see that you were so pleased with your accommodations and I hope that you do come back to stay with us again soon. If you took any pictures of the sunset from anywhere throughout The Landings during your stay I invite you to submit them in our Landings Perfect Sunset Contest for a chance to win a complimentary two-night stay. Simply email your photo as an attachment along with your contact information to sunset@landingsstlucia.com for your chance to win. Thank you again for your positive remarks and we hope to see you at The Landings again soon.

Cheers,

John MacMullen
Director of Sales and Marketing

Reviewed April 10, 2009

Without a doubt, the rooms and the property are beautiful, one of the nicest I have stayed at. The beach has amazing views and the beach front villa that became our home for a week was spacious and very comfortable. One of the best sleeps I have had away from my tempurpedic. Problem is you spend so much money to stay there that I was expecting more. With only one restaurant you are quite limited. A taxi is needed to get around, unless you are brave enough to rent a car. To get to the good restaurants we had to pay a $30 cab ride there and another $30 back, add that to the price of dinner and you may think spending the extra money for an all inclusive maybe worth it, especially when the buffet at the only restaurant in the resort is $40 and that does not even include soda or coffee. The spa is also crazy expensive. I have stayed at the best resorts in Cabo, Aruba, etc.... and this was the most I have ever spent on a spa treatment.
To sum up, the resort is beautiful, but think twice about how much additional money will be spent on food, etc...If I were to go back I would chose an all inclusive.

• Stayed: April 2009
Reviewed March 23, 2009

Very belatedly, I am writing to say we had a lovely week at the Landings in August last year. The weather was lovely and the accomodation fantastic. We have three teenage kids who also all enjoyed it immensely. The only problem was that when we were there the speed boat was broken and we weren't able to use it for 5 days of our trip. Unfortuantely prior to going I had also managed to get a credit to spend $50 a day on actvities in the resort (check this summer they may be doing a family package again!). I wanted to use these on the water sports as it would give the boys something extra to do each day. Sadly it wasn't to be. We did however go on a fab trip out on speed boat down to the Pitons etc....well worth doing. Also the cost of the taxis into Rodney Bay from the hotel were exhorbitant and unreliable. Several didn't turn up at right time to pick us up from restaurants. Having mentioned these two gripes, it is definitely a great place to visit and the building works did not spoil it for us. In fact because of the building works we got a very good deal.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank arden
Reviewed March 23, 2009

Nice large, very well furnished rooms. I had a two bedroom. Good part of the island and close to town. Service was good and food was good.

Not a bad place to stay, but nothing amazing about it.

Good for a family.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed February 24, 2009

The property was built in 2007 and some of the buildings are still under construction. That being said, it really didn't affect our stay there, we never heard the usual sounds of a construction project. Our room was private and right on the beach. We stayed in a three bedroom condo on the first floor beach front. We went with another couple and it was very roomy. It was a split follr plan- they stayed on one side and we stayed on the other. We both had access through the bedrooms to the large patio outside. We were glad we opted for the private jacuzzi. The kitchen was a good size and modern- we did meet the maintenance man though- some minor issues with appliances and the internet. All was resolved without a hassle. We did have to call and request coffee everyday for the room even though it was listed as one of the complementary items included in the $30 per day Resort Fee. The property is large, but they have golf carts to bring you around if needed. The downsides: Far from the sites- most of the sites are toward the south end of the island and cabs are VERY expensive. We were quoted $150 to get to the airport- we ended up at $120. Rodney Bay shopping is terrible, the restaurants we tried were lacking- service wasn't what we are accustomed to and the food was just OK. The boat transportation from the hotel is a $20 charge. The bars in Rodney Bay were empty on Saturday afternoon- in Ft Lauderdale they would be hopping. All in all it was a good trip. I would stay at The Landings if I planned on staying at or around the resort, be prepared to pay if you plan on leaving the property. The cab to Marigot Bay to go to dinner ran us $100 round trip. We paid $300 to climb Gros Piton when it was all said and done-2 people- $200 for the cab round trip, $60 for the entrance to the park, $40 tip. Rodney Bay is about $50 round trip. Positives: Beautiful facility, relaxing beach.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort
Anse Chastanet
Anse Chastanet
#6 of 11 in Soufriere

Been to The Landings St. Lucia? Share your experiences!