1,043 results
All reviews beach club callaloo palms restaurant chef george hot tub highly recommend the landings butler service pigeon island marina view washer and dryer rodney bay full kitchen kids club beachfront villa private jacuzzi st lucia miele appliances
Reviewed August 19, 2014

I'll preface this review by saying we arrived at The Landings after four nights at Anse Chastanet which, location and experience-wise, felt like a world away. We are British but currently live in the USA and it was a little like driving into a very smart Florida condo complex. Excellent in-room Wifi and the washing machine/tumbledryer (washing powder provided) were appreciated, the units were indeed spacious and comfortable but it did feel a little soul-less. That said, the staff were universally cheerier and chattier than in Anse Chastanet and that made a huge difference to us.

The resort is most definitely out on a limb as mentioned in other reviews. We had rented a car for our week's stay in St Lucia mainly to have more independence while at The Landings (used Driveamatic, the St Lucia partner of Sixt, very good experience). This made all the difference being able to pop to the nearby supermarkets, shopping malls and restaurants at will rather than depend on taxis.

We had two meals at the resort (at the Beach Club) but they were probably the most disappointing we had throughout our stay in St Lucia. Again a little bland and soul-less - especially the jerk chicken. If you want jerk chicken, go to the red van opposite the entrance to the Rodney Bay marina (this was on the advice of a local) - my husband, a Jamaican jerk chicken expert, finally was satisfied in his quest to find the real thing. And if visiting the duty-free shops in Rodney Bay, don't forget to bring passport and proof of plane ticket to get your discount.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank where_next2b
Reviewed August 19, 2014

I went to the Landings Aug 9-16 with 10 friends & my wife. We rented two 3 bdroom villas.
The rooms were very well designed (not the usual Caribbean floral colors), large and included modern furnature, stove, fridge, TV's and ammenities. There is a balcony on the inland marine side that has a heated plunge pool (ensure you ask if the room has that prior to booking!!!) trust me, you want one.

The hotel has its own marina and we rented a boat from a guy who has two boats in the marina. Absolutely wonderful to just jump into a boat from your hotel and have it return to your hotel as well.
Breakfast was great, not contental.. Lunch and Dinner can be pricy but quality is great.

The beach is the best selling point. Given the rooms were excellent, the beach was just a bit better. it's in a protected cove and is always gentle - easy to kayak, paddle board, and any other water sport.
I would definatley return to the Landings as it is now my favorite resort so far.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in block 4 as it is right by the beach, restaurant, and marina. the lobby is a 4 minute walk but everything else is right at your doorsteps. Ensure you get a plunge pool if you can. It's worth it!!!. Bring your own seasoning to cook at least 2 days..and buy food from the supermarket in Gros Islet as soon as you can to keep dinner costs down.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the landings in St Lucia in April. Very nice and clean property. The people where very nice. The food was good. The only problem is the service tends to be slow but we didn't care because we were on vacation. We chose the all inclusive meal options which was much cheaper than if we didn't. We had a few problems with check in. Not because of anyone there but our travel agent. The girls at he front desk where awesome. They did everything and more to fix the problems cause by the travel agent. They were very helpful all week. I can't remember their names but hopefully the manger knows who they are. My only negative like many other reviewers is that their is no store on site. They said they are working on it. A store is a short cab ride away. You can go to the supermarket and stock up because the rooms all have kitchens. A few people we talked too, not I our family did that and cooked a few meals in their room. If you use anyone for trips while on the island use Benny Boat Tours. Benny is great and so is his crew Big Terry and Terry .5. Overall great vacation.

Stayed: April 2014
Angela T, Manager at The Landings Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2014

We are pleased to know that your stay with us was an enjoyable one and you ranked it as an overall great vacation. The Landings is a peaceful resort, and we do strive to meet and exceed our guest expectations. We notice that you mentioned the slow service, but we are pleased to know that this did not impact your stay heavily as you were in vacation mode. We assure you that we are working on making some improvements in our service and product and we do hope you stay with us again to enjoy these.

Reviewed August 17, 2014

The Landings offers beautiful spacious apartments, a gorgeous,clean and calm Caribbean ocean and overall impeccable service. The employees were all warm, friendly and eager to help when necessary. The spa services were very good. The prices were more than fair for the services provided. The restaurant has a rotating menu and different daily specials. This keeps the menu from becoming monotonous. The breakfast buffet is bountiful and the omelette maker is always on duty to make you whatever you like. There is one employee that went above and beyond the call of duty. Her name is Lucia. As I went to inquire about an excursion I mentioned that we went to town with my husband and regretted not buying a hat we had seen as a souvenir. Due to our limited days we could not go buy it. She had the hat located and delivered to the hotel!! That is platinum service at its finest. I only wish the hotel offered a little entertainment in the evenings.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ktampico

Great review with positive feedback about our resort and staff. Thank you for mentioning Lucia and her 'platinum service' which was extended to you during your stay. We are pleased to know that your expectations were exceeded. We will be sure to applaud Lucia for a job well done, and we do hope that this encourages you to visit our lovely island and resort again.

Reviewed August 13, 2014

I have travelled to many great hotels, but the suites are the best I have had. After checking into our suite we had the opportunity to visit with friends in other suites and discovered ours was smaller and less luxurious than others. The rooms are great! The staff is very friendly, but typical of Carribean, slow at times. The Beach was also great, but a long walk from our room. The food that my family and I ate there was very good. We did, however, eat off the resort most nights. My only drawbacks were the resort is a long way from the airport and the ride is miserable. It is not within walking distance to shopping, if that is what you are looking for. I would also say the pools are nothing special. The service on the beach is slow, very slow. You sometimes have to just go to the Beachclub to get service. The resort is very quiet and the bars close at 11pm, so if you are looking for a lively place, I would not suggest this one. If you are looking to get away and relax, you will like this place.
I want to give a special thanks to staff members that were extra special to my family. Thank you to Adrian, Gavin, and Tim (all bartenders)

Room Tip: Try to get a room closer to the beach and not the lobby. I also heard to request rooms on the top floor.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for the review and for mentioning our staff members who contributed to your stay with us. We will be sure to pass on this review, to encourage them. We would like to apologize for the which you may have experienced during your stay with, especially reference the service. We assure that changes are being made, and we are improving on our service in order to meet and exceed guest expectations. We notice you expressed that you were not pleased with the long drive to our resort. May we suggest, that in the future you opt to take the helicopter experience which can cut on the time it takes to the resort significantly. Looking forward to seeing you again.