“Excellent accommodations , but needs improvements”

The Landings St. Lucia
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Gros Islet
Reviewed July 30, 2014

The accommodations are excellent, however show some signs of wear and tear. For example in our master bedroom, a wall had a dent/hole. Hot tub was missing several tiles. It also was very cold when we arrived, it eventually warmed up on 3rd p, but not much. In second bedroom, the bed boards were in bad shape, torn and scratched. Overall a very nice room with 2 master bedrooms and 2 terraces, but the hotel needs to pay attention to such details for a luxury resort. The drive from hotel was very long, about 90 minutes, too long for me, but I enjoyed seeing the island. The beach and views are the best in this hotel. Food was ok for a luxury hotel, I think it could be better. They do not have a lot of choices on menu, so after 3 days we were getting tired eating same things. The food/drink service on beach is very slow and you need to be lucky to catch a waiter, so we just ordered a couple times. Palms restaurant was excellent! On the website it says that spa is 7,000 sf, it is not, I think they include lobby space. Spa is very small, has a warm pool with missing tiles and a steam room was not turned on, so I did not want to wait for it to warm up. There is no dry spa room. The massage was the best I ever had. The hotel has 3 pools, located on sides, not facing ocean. Two hot tubs did not work and were very cold. We preordered groceries 2 weeks in advance. They were delivered on second day afternoon, with a lot of missing items. I think overall the resort is beautiful, however the hotel needs to have maintenance manager, improve food choices and food delivery, and overall service.

Room Tip: Ask for beach front room, not marina view.
3  Thank 247renad
Angela T, Manager at The Landings St. Lucia, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2014

We appreciate your feedback on your stay with us. It is clear that we did not meet your expectations, and for this we are truly apologetic. Since your recent stay with us there have been changes towards improving the product and the service provided. We are making changes, and improvements and do look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

Let me be clear... I booked a vacation at the Landings because of a ridiculous deal I purchased on Travelzoo.com. Otherwise, I'm not sure if I would pay the regular asking price. Don't get me wrong, the Landings is awesome. The beach, magnificent. Service, amazing. I loved that I basically had a one bedroom apartment with a full kitchen and everything I requested was in my "apartment" when I arrived. I arranged for a Landings driver to pick me up from the airport, Trevor. He was professional, pleasant, and offered great conversation. The restaurant there is expensive and lacks variety, but that is literally my only complaint. I would definitely return, especially if I can find a similar deal as the one I had before. Also, please note I actually visited the landings in October 2012. Sorry my review is SO late.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Bridget D

Thank you for your review, and as the saying goes better late than never. We do hope that you would consider staying with us again, in the near future so you can experience all the changes that have been made, especially to our dining options. Looking forward to sharing our improvements with you.

Reviewed July 26, 2014

Let me be clear here, I loved our week in St. Lucia, but it was the little things that the landings does differently that gave my family and I a bit of a problem this past week. The Landings is about an hour and a half drive from the airport, and its a tough drive if you don't do well on hilly roads. When we got to our room, it wasn't ready yet! The house-keeping lady offered us a free drink at the Beach Club because our kids were starving, but when we got there, no one asked us if we were the ones that were waiting for our room. P.S., we were the only ones there so they must have had some clue.
The room at the Landings was the best room I've stayed in without a doubt in my mind. We stayed in a three-bedroom marina view suite and the view from the room also had a partial ocean view. The beds were comfy and all the bathrooms were great, so was the kitchen and washer/dryer. However, the TV's and wifi access in the room wasn't the best. The TV's are pretty small which makes them hard to see, and the WIFi at the Landings is awful, I highly recommend they do something about it. The only place where I got a consistently strong signal was at the Beach Club Restaurant, and I think that the router is located there, but the signal on the beach is awful and its right next to the restaurant.
The food at the hotel was good, no complaints except that it took forever to get to our table. The breakfast buffet is great with so many options, while the lunch and dinner menu is kinda limited in my opinion. Waitress' throughout the week messed up our orders, and even charged us for things we didn't order! Room service was quick and easy for us, but I don't think it was for many of the other folks we were with.
The beach and pool is really the main reason this place is so popular in my opinion. The beach is beautiful, we never had a problem getting beach chairs and the ocean is very warm and clear. The Beach Club pool is the only one of the three pools that is decently located. The other two are located in pretty bad spots. The water sports are good but the boat the hotel uses for tubing, waterskiing, etc. isnt very powerful which makes it not very fun.
Overall, it was a great week in St. Lucia, but it was the little things that the landings doesn't do which forced me to give it four stars.

Room Tip: Rooms with a plunge pool are totally worth it, especially on the top floor
1  Thank hockeyboy752
Reviewed July 24, 2014

The property and beach are gorgeous. The service on the other hand is awful at best! We tried calling the front desk, concierge, and room service for almost an hour to get in room dining and could not get anyone to answer! The service at the beach club is not any better. This resort gives "island time" a whole new meaning! If we ever come back to st Lucia we will be staying at sandals. The best word to describe this resort is disappointing!

9  Thank Taunia G

First we would like to Thank You for taking the time out to leave feedback. We apologize for the inconvenience which you experienced during your stay with the service, and hope that you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations. We assure you that we are undergoing training and have taken the necessary measures to assist us in improving our product. We wish you all the best in the future.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

My family spent a week at the Landings in mid-July 2014.
Location is awesome on Rodney Bay, and the villa we stayed in was excellent. The staff was always helpful and friendly, and the food was excellent. I would love to return to this property again.

Room Tip: Get the top floor as you will have it all to yourself!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time out to write this review. We are thrilled that our staff were able to maintain the standards and provide you with service to your satisfaction. We will be sure to encourage them to keep this up. P.S. You should return to this fabulous place soon!!

Reviewed July 23, 2014

This was a beautiful property with amazing views of the beach. There was always something to see and do while at the property. We never felt rushed or like there were too many people on the beach or at the pool.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

The title of your review couldn't describe The Landings any better. We are happy that we were able to exceed your expectations during your stay with us. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

I was celebrating my 70th birthday. My 22 year old granddaughter had just graduated college. My daughter treated us to a vacation of my choice. I had been on other trips to islands in the Caribbean but chose St. Lucia for this trip. We had a two bedroom suite on the beach with a hot tub. Suite 203 was gorgeous with more than enough room for us and the housekeeping staff was better than any 5 star hotel in the US. We got all inclusive for 3 nights and the breakfast package for the rest of our stay. Breakfast was buffet with any egg combination made to order, fresh fruit, very strong coffee and a wonderful wait staff including our favorites AnnaRose and Alicia - always smiling and very helpful. While there we did the underwater "sea trek" with our guides "dragon fish" and " coco puffs". I was afraid at first and "coco puffs" took my hand and personally helped me so that I enjoyed it. We were a little disappointed because the fish were not as colorful as on other snorkeling adventures in the Caribbean but it was an adventure. All non motorized sports at the landing are free on the Landings property so we tried kayaking and rode horses into the sea and windsurfed with the help of one of the staff.
A paid excursion that I would recommend is ziplining in the rainforest. It was thrilling riding wires high above the treetops. Another paid excursion was a sunset sailboat ride with music and hors d'oeuvres with a friendly group of people. I'd like to thank Jesse Mitchel for coordinating our adventures and our spa treatments. Because it was my birthday Jesse and his staff sent me a bottle of wine and two plates of the best chocolate I've ever had. I wasn't expecting anything and still smile when I think about that chocolate.

Room Tip: get beachfront rooms. we had suite 203 with a hot tub which we loved. we were right on the beach a...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

We are beyond happy that you chose The Landings to celebrate this very special time. Thank you for your review and for ensuring that you highlighted the things that contributed to your stay, and added that extra special touch. We do hope that you come back to celebrate or simply visit us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gros Islet
Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort
Anse Chastanet
Anse Chastanet
#6 of 11 in Soufriere

Been to The Landings St. Lucia? Share your experiences!