We are just wrapping up our week at the Landings and it has been fantastic. We have a 2 bedroom that is on the beach and very close to the outdoor restaurant. The unit (121) is perfect. The balconies are huge and the overall feel is very lovely. The view is picture perfect. It just doesn't get much better. The rooms and bathrooms are plenty big and the hall bath has a w/d which I love to have. Kitchen is well equipped and all dishwater and pots and pans appear to be kept in mint condition. We booked our trip with breakfast which we enjoy outdoors on a very scenic deck completed shaded in some areas and each morning we had the buffet. We enjoyed and appreciated it - the food was very good and the array of fruits and things to eat was what you would expect and really there was plenty to choose from. We especially liked the local section that had island favorites as well as Caribbean inspired foods. Something always different to try and all the folks working explained any of the local dishes so that you would try them - that was fun. The beaches are beautiful and kept in great shape. When we got here it was very quiet- the next day a large group showed up for a conference that they were having on the grounds. The staff seemed prepared and tried very hard to handle the large rush coming and going for their activities. We were able to really work around their schedule and it seemed to not impact too much. The staff was def working hard and doing well at all the folks wanting drinks and eats on the beach. Dinner at the most beautiful view around took time. Again the staff was def upped and they were training new as well - so I applaud them for steeping it up to accommodate. That said waiting for a lovely dinner in a gorgeous location with killer views and night breezes - well worth the wait. I know some guests seemed to get a tad impatient but we understood and were happy to enjoy all around us. The rose that's excellent wifi- and everyone working for and with the hotel- from the gals on the beach to the private drivers were all very pro and extremely nice. I would like to point out the men working the newly implemented water sports- tubing, waterskiing etc.... We're fantastic!!! We appreciated their patience with the kids and hey kept the boat and fun going non stop. They were an excellent team and an excellent addition to the property We also booked several trips through the hotel Snuba- reviewed separately and a day trip on Capt. Kieran boats. Kieran boats was lovely. Our capt. Johnson was terrific and took us all along the south west to snorkel , go to the mud baths, sight seeing, and just a great lunch on the beach. Excellent time had on that trip.
So in closing. All around excellent. A tad slow for dining- but they seem to be working on it and really in that environment we didn't care!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Landings is St. Lucia's premiere beach resort featuring one, two and three-bedroom all suite villas. Accomodations include full kitches, state-of-the-art amenities, private terraces and personal plunge pools. The resort offers, beachfront dining, a full array of water activities, 80-slip yacht harbor and Soleil Spa. Free Internet Beach Largest Suites north of St. Lucia ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your The Landings St. Lucia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Landings St. Lucia, a Rock Hotel Castries
- The Landings St. Lucia Gros Islet