Went with high expectations. And researched I thought well. Hotel - well, more apartment time share accomodation. A huge complex. Nothing wrong with this if it was what you were expecting. And rooms apartments large and well equipped with towels (apart from beach towels), kitchenware etc. Very clean also. But, no shop on site (for milk, cooldrinks, etc) so if not prepared, an expensive taxi ride - $30 - to Rodney Bay Mall supermarket for supplies. No room service. Reception suggested we phone out for "pizza", ie: send a taxi - yes, another $30! The Rodney Bay Marina, and Mall & outside restaurants $30 taxi ride away. The travel books and hotel website misleading in that you think these facilities are nearer. Hotel only has two eating options, both OK but not a huge choice, although a la carte, (and did we really want to eat Welsh Lamb in St Lucia!) , and by day four we had to leave for other choices. The beach is also smaller than you think - 5 minutes walk from end to end. But, the staff all unfailingly lovely - nothing too much trouble. The pools (3) all sparkly and when we went (mid-November) not over populated. Beach cleaned every day, and sea beautiful. Sundowners by the Beach Bar a must. So mixed feelings on this one, although staff lovely and we have no criticism of them, but for atmosphere and eating options only a 5 out of 10.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Landings is St. Lucia's premiere beach resort featuring one, two and three-bedroom all suite villas. Accomodations include full kitches, state-of-the-art amenities, private terraces and personal plunge pools. The resort offers, beachfront dining, a full array of water activities, 80-slip yacht harbor and Soleil Spa. Free Internet Beach Largest Suites north of St. Lucia ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Landings Resort & Spa St. Lucia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Landings St. Lucia, a Rock Hotel Castries
- The Landings Resort & Spa St. Lucia Gros Islet