As a travel agent, I am very critical of hotels and the amenities. I have to say that I had some reservations at first, but was completely blown away compared to other caribbean condo style resorts .We had a fantastic four night stay at the Landings! We were orig. staying for three and extended. The beach, the views and the sunset were idyllic. The front desk staff was fantastic prior to arrival as was almost all staff during our stay. The beach staff kep the beach well groomed so we could enjoy using the free rafts and picture perfect sunsets. It was fairly slow and the beach attendant offered to take us sailing or for a little motor boat ride on the shuttle if we liked. The chef made several off the menu special dishes at the beach restaurant. Fantastic. Jamar is really really talented. At the indoor restaurant, we experienced very slow service and our meals weren't as described on the menu- if I had to search for a complaint this was it. If you're looking for variety, the large residential units are absolutely lovely, we had two huge balconies, one with a hot tub and a fully stocked kitchen. I'd recommend this hotel for families, and those who prefer boutiques. We spent a day at the Sandals next door and were very very happy to come home to our luxury home. Next door there is a public beach and there are plenty of people and their dogs enjoying the sun. A few vendors politely asked if we were interested in their crafts, when we declined they left immediately. Such is the politeness of the entire island. While I do like the Soufrieer area better (closer to activites) I'd say this hotel is on par with the Viceroy Sugar beach, Anse Chastenet and Ladera in terms of service, food and overall experience. The rooms /condos themselves are huge in comparison so big + for the landings. We felt a little isolated, but Rodney bay was only about 1 5 minutes away and we did stock our kitchen from the supermarket. We like having a lot of dining options usually, but eating nightly at the beach bar with the lovely views and amazing food caused us to eat there nightly! We met a few people who were staying for 4-5 weeks at a time and return often. This little peaceful slice of heaven was perfect for our getaway and worth returning to in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Landings is St. Lucia's premiere beach resort featuring one, two and three-bedroom all suite villas. Accomodations include full kitches, state-of-the-art amenities, private terraces and personal plunge pools. The resort offers, beachfront dining, a full array of water activities, 80-slip yacht harbor and Soleil Spa. Free Internet Beach Largest Suites north of St. Lucia ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Preferred Hotels, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your The Landings St. Lucia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Landings St. Lucia, a Rock Hotel Castries
- The Landings St. Lucia Gros Islet