We decided on The Landings for a 'rest and recuperation' holiday this July, and paid a significant premium for a five star luxury hotel treat. On arrival we were told that the 'fine dining' restaurant - The Palms - was closed for most of the week, similarly the Viscount bar, meaning we had only one bar/restaurant option for most of the week- The Beach Club. Not a good start and something we should have been told before payment was taken. Our suite was upgraded, and the rooms were excellent quality, but we quickly noticed there was no mini-bar, and tea and coffee making facilities were not available. We made complaints to the hotel management, but were disappointed to find that we had to spend far too much of our precious holiday time chasing them to get what is fairly standard in a three star hotel. The General Manager seemed to take our complaints seriously, but his staff seemed rather indifferent. It transpired that the hotel had only just begun to offer an all-inclusive option, and they are simply not geared up for it. There were some valiant attempts made to offer us compensation - two restaurants outside the complex to compensate for the lack of options, but overall we were disappointed that such a lovely venue was let down by poor service - this was especially the case at breakfast time.
In reality, this was a self-catering condo set-up masquerading as a five star hotel. Our advice would be to avoid the all-inclusive option, because as a self-catering destination this would have been just fine. The staff and their low level of professionalism mean that a lot of work must be done to get up to the standards of a five star hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Landings is St. Lucia's premiere beach resort featuring one, two and three-bedroom all suite villas. Accomodations include full kitches, state-of-the-art amenities, private terraces and personal plunge pools. The resort offers, beachfront dining, a full array of water activities, 80-slip yacht harbor and Soleil Spa. Free Internet Beach Largest Suites north of St. Lucia ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Landings St. Lucia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Landings St. Lucia, a Rock Hotel Castries
- The Landings St. Lucia Gros Islet