In reading other reviews of this property, I find them right on the money. The thing that makes this resort exceptional is that not only does it have a beautiful, well-maintained property, but the staff is absolutely incredibly amazing accommodating and kind.
We too opted for the helicopter to and from the airport, and we were not sorry. Others complained about the horrid drive from the airport, and it was nice to bypass that. The hotel was lovely about making the helicopter arrangements for us, and the helicopter company was very efficient. Our bags arrived about 2 hours after we did, which was not a problem since we had packed bathing suits in small carry-ons.
Our accommodations were absolutely spectacular. We had a three bedroom apartment with gracious living space overlooking the harbor with a partial beach view and a plunge pool. It was an absolutely beautiful room.
As "foodies," however, we were disappointed with the selections at the two restaurants. The Palms is only open three day a week, and the menu does not vary. The food is quite good here, but the service can be painfully slow. (We waited 30 minutes for them to clear our dinner dishes and offer us dessert one night.) The bar here closes on the nights that the restaurant is not open, so the beach bar is then the only option.
The Beaches restaurant can be spotty: Although the staff here are incredibly nice, it is generally very busy, and the breakfast buffet is limited. Very little fresh fruit is offered, and the breakfast selections don't vary at all. The dinner buffets can be worse: one night they "ran out" of the meat at the carving stations. (Although the seafood buffet was really nice.) The a la carte menu is very small, and during our stay they were out of several menu items. Also, other than a fun steel drum band on Sunday and the saxophone player on Friday, there really is no entertainment or evening events to speak of.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Landings is St. Lucia's premiere beach resort featuring one, two and three-bedroom all suite villas. Accomodations include full kitches, state-of-the-art amenities, private terraces and personal plunge pools. The resort offers, beachfront dining, a full array of water activities, 80-slip yacht harbor and Soleil Spa. Free Internet Beach Largest Suites north of St. Lucia ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Landings St. Lucia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Landings St. Lucia, a Rock Hotel Castries
- The Landings St. Lucia Gros Islet