Our family has just returned from an amazing 10 day holiday at the Landings - voted the best one ever by my five year old daughter (and her little sister had a great time too). We found the apartments beautifully fitted out and spacious, with two lovely terraces, making sure that we weren't on top of each other, just what we needed as a family. Being able to get some basics from the supermarket and cook some simple meals when we didn't want to drag our girls out to dinner every night made a big difference. The resort has a lovely relaxed feel - your don't feel crammed into a hotel, but it's easy to walk around (to the slight disappointment of the girls, as we only allowed them the occasional trip in a golf cart to the main reception). The resort was very quiet over the first week, but got busier as Christmas approached.
The Beach Club was a lovely place to eat, with wonderful, welcoming staff, who made the effort to ask our children's names and make them feel special. We all enjoyed the live music in the Beach Club and the flexibility of the menu (lunch still being served at kids' tea time working quite well, for instance). And my husband learnt that Beach Hurricane cocktails are very dangerous with Sunday brunch! The menu had enough variety with a good kids' menu (although some veg would have been a good addition to the everything with chips options) and pasta night went down well with our little one. Breakfast was very good - the banana bread and pancakes being very popular! As the resort got busier, it moved to being a buffet.
The Landings beach is beautiful, with fine sand and a safe area to swim - very easy for small children to get in and out of the water unaided. The watersports were also great fun, with our five year old and her Daddy learning to sail a Hobie Cat.
What made our trip, however, was the wonderful Carol of Kids' club. On initial viewing, the Kids' Club facilities didn't look too impressive - it's based out of a vacant apartment with some art materials and toys. However, as our five year old was asking to go back every day, it had to be up to her standards! Carol took the kids swimming in one of the three pools, on tours of the resort, making cookies and they also did some lovely art projects. Carol also babysat for us for a few evenings - and we felt both girls were in very safe hands. Carol came to the rescue when we failed to buy buckets and spades and also solved a punctured arm band problem - little things that made our holiday so easy. Kids' club also meant that our girls made friends and were never bored for a moment during our stay.
As a result of the fabulous Carol and Kids' club, I can also report on a lovely spa and a well equipped gym while my husband enjoyed some great diving.
All in all, a wonderful holiday and we can't wait to come back - our five year old has already asked if we can stay for Christmas next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Landings is St. Lucia's premiere beach resort featuring one, two and three-bedroom all suite villas. Accomodations include full kitches, state-of-the-art amenities, private terraces and personal plunge pools. The resort offers, beachfront dining, a full array of water activities, 80-slip yacht harbor and Soleil Spa. Free Internet Beach Largest Suites north of St. Lucia ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Priceline and HRS so you can book your The Landings St. Lucia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Landings St. Lucia, a Rock Hotel Castries
- The Landings St. Lucia Gros Islet