1,051 results
All reviews beach club callaloo palms restaurant chef george hot tub highly recommend the landings butler service pigeon island marina view washer and dryer rodney bay full kitchen beachfront villa kids club private jacuzzi st lucia miele appliances
Reviewed April 1, 2011

My wife and I stayed in early March and had a wonderful 5 days at The Landings. Our 2 room apartment was very spacious and well appointed. The staff were very friendly and relaxed, but attentive at the same time.

The resort is well located and seems to miss some of the occasional flash rain that hits more southern parts of the island.

There are some walks in the area, as well as the local town which has some shopping and dining options catering to a range of budgets and tastes.

The beach is white sand and the bay is calm and warm.

All-in-all, highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank iomo
Reviewed March 19, 2011

The people here are absoutley amazing and they all are soooooooooooooo nice!! The beach is amazing and the view of the island is spectacular too..even though the service takes a year, but the people keep you so delighted! i would highly reccomended this for families! sorry for bad spelling

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank didomenico1234
Reviewed February 20, 2011

We just visited The Landings in January and have to say it was one of the best places we have ever stayed. We are seasoned Caribbean travelers and have stayed at the finest resorts- so our expectations are high. In more recent years we have preferred suites and larger accommodations for our comfort level. We also love amenities and relaxed luxury. The Landings had it all: gorgeous suites - with all the most modern amenities- and large expansive terraces- great food- and room service- wonderful tennis- gorgeous beach with wonderful calm waters to swim in- three swimming pools- state of the art exercise room- magnificent spa- and staff that was only there to make our stay even more wonderful. I probably shouldn't be writing this- because I don't want too many people discovering this place- but it is really really special. And if you want a quiet- relaxed- luxurious- "home away from home"- getaway- without being cramped in a small hotel room- this is the place for you. It is truly extraordinary- and so are all the people who work there: Kent, Daniel, Dean, Faith, we could go on and on...thank you all for making our time in St. Lucia so special. We hope to see you again. Suzanne & Peter - Boston MA.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Suzanne G
Reviewed February 18, 2011

We just got back from a 4 night stay at the Landings. We were upgraded from a 1 bedroom to 3 bedroom and were thrilled. We had a beautiful harbor view and a unit that was about halfway from the lobby to the beach. I'd recommend requesting a unit that is closer to the beach, though. The room (condo is more appropriate for word choice) was just amazing and the kitchen was fully stocked (there were even small things like ice cream scooper and garlic press!). We ate at the casual restaurant for dinner and the food was average, at best. I ordered a seafood curry and my husband ordered a way overcooked burger and it cost $60 USD with water & 1 beer, which I thought was a bit high considering the quality of the food. The service all around was very friendly. My only run-in was with a woman at the spa. I made an appointment, but called to change it because I had food poisoning the night before and didn't think vomiting on the massage table would be appropriate. When I told her I had food poisoning, her response was silence, followed by "what do you want me to do about it?" I told her it would be great if she could move the appt to the following day. She said ok, then hung up. It was an odd exchange. Everybody else (including the other women at the spa) were very friendly and accommodating. One of the women at the front desk even called to check on my baby (she helped us get to the hospital the night before because my baby got very ill...we had lots of health issues on this trip). We rented a car from UVF and had no problems driving around the island (although the road is windy to Soufriere). We paid $50 per day, which is less than a one-way taxi to the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Kimberlee E
Reviewed February 16, 2011

We are just completing the fifth day of our five-day stay here at The Landings and we would describe it as pleasant.

The rooms are spacious and clean and modern and we were pleased to have been upgraded to an even larger space upon check-in. The benefits of a full kitchen including fridge and stove allowed us to eat most breakfasts and lunches at home and the in-unit washing and drying machine came in handy on our last day. For the money we paid, the space was beyond acceptable. The private hot tub/plunge pool was a great perk. I would recommend asking for a room closer to the private beach and pools than the one we were in which was next to registration. We had a car and would drive to the on-property beach most days as it is a pretty far walk. The service overall was good (the maid service did a wonderful job), though not outstanding compared to other Caribbean resorts we have stayed at in Turks and Caicos and Aruba. In general, it seemed the employees, particularly concierge, didn't really go out of their way to accommodate specific requests/needs, such as related to tours or restaurants. For example, in the five days we were here, no employee offered food or beverage when we were at the pool or beach. This could be because many of the people who are on property actually reside here. About half of the units are in the rental pool and we felt that this property had a different vibe than other hotels we have stayed at.

We would not recommend driving to this resort. The roads from the airport in the southern part of the island are rather bad and there are large open ditches along most of the road sides for drainage. It was a harrowing experience and if we were to do it again, we would get a taxi or shuttle from the airport and have our car delivered to the hotel. Also, contrary to the Landings website directions, THERE IS NO LANDINGS SIGN off the main road. We were lost in the area for over an hour, which could have been avoided had there been a sign off the main road, as indicated on their website.

From what we've observed, the property is family friendly and given the large amount of space, we can certainly see how this property would be great for those with families.

We did find it odd that the on-property fine dining restaurant was not open daily and did not begin seatings until 6.30 PM, especially given that we were visiting in the peak season. We would recommend dining at The Edge Restaurant in Rodney Bay and The Cliff at Cap Maison.

Given that we had a rental car, we were able to see a large portion of the island. It was startling at times to witness the amount of extreme poverty.

The Landings is clean, modern, spacious and satisfied our needs. However, be aware, if you are a highly discerning traveler, The Landings fails to rise to the level of an elite luxury property, because it does not provide elite service and does not offer many unique features.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple