“European-Caribbean fusion literally on the water”
Review of The Edge Restaurant Bar & Sushi - CLOSED

The Edge Restaurant Bar & Sushi
Cuisines: Sushi, Caribbean, European
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I have loved everything I have ordered here. From the sushi hand roll, to fish entrees to the decadent dessert sampler, everything is prepared with such skill and imagination. The setting of this restaurant right on the water makes the name quite apropos and very romantic. (Too bad I only come here for business.) The only downside is the price. Otherwise, I would have given The Edge 5 stars.

1  Thank joraro

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Just a wonderful location with excellent staff and cuisine that inspires.
The added benefit of Sushi as a starter or mezzo course was just brilliant.

1  Thank HemsleyJ
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Beautiful sight and ambiance but way overpriced for the food you get mediocre service
Charged for water (bottle) and a bowl of rice not included with meal

Reviewed August 29, 2013

It was my birthday so my girlfriend booked dinner at the edge. the welcome drink tasted awful and cheap, its soda water with some added artificial flavor served in a champagne flute.No complimentary water, so paid $25. Variety on menu is limited, Wasn't familiar with menu so we asked server to explain on appetizer and main course in detail, with both my choice and spouse's choice on appetizer wasn't to our liking, tasted bad and what was explained by our server is not what we expected, so we could not eat any of it. Down to the maincourse i ordered a rack of lamb, because i love lamb and always have it at any restaurant i go to, However this lamb by far was the worse i have ever received, lamb was very fatty and had lots of fat and grease on the bone and in the meat and could not enjoy my lamb. Since i was celebrating my birthday we expected something special which they knew about in advance, everything was so ordinary and plain. Being very disappointed with the service and choice of restaurant, the owner / Chef came over to our table to find out what are the issues, so in detail i told him everything witch i did mention above. So he decided to give us a complimentary glass of sparkling wine, "i mean like really!!" i must be a complete idiot trying to bribe me with a glass of wine, i told him i didn't want it, so he insisted and brought it which i didn't accept. wine wouldn't change how my experience was and besides it was a very special night for me and my partner.
So at the end with not drinking their complimentary welcome drink, having to pay $25 for water, not indulging in our appetizers, and maincourse. we still had to pay a total cost of USD$183.00 /EC$474.00. we are locals and that was really bad to us, maybe if we were tourists we would have been treated better and not having to pay the full cost. Would never return and would not recommend to anyone.

1  Thank Kervin D
Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

I was surprised to find that you can get good sushi in St. Lucia and you definitely can. The Edge is located on the water (Rodney Bay).

We went with our kids, the kids had chicken and steak which was very well priced and delicious. The adults ordered the Sushi and a fish dish (can't remember what it was) but both were delicious.

If there was one complaint it would be the place is expensive and not overly plush. I mean for dinner $225 is a lot when sitting on a plastic table.

So overall the food was excellent but the atmosphere could be better.

1  Thank BeachBoy123