“something,s not there!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Edge Restaurant Bar & Sushi - CLOSED

The Edge Restaurant Bar & Sushi
Good for: Business meetings, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
trinidad/west indies
“something,s not there!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

My sisterinlaw raves about here, but I dont get it! I have been with children and as a couple and had take out sushi twice,
the staff is not friendly, the Price is HOT and the sushi is not up to expectations, nor is it as good or great as we have had else where in Trinidad!
atmosphere is sterile.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Ottawa, Canada
“Not sure Why it is Recommended by Locals”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

Locals suggested this was the place to go for dinner in Rodney Bay. Maybe they recommend it because sushi is not a typical food in the Caribbean? We got there and the place was empty. Staff ignored us when we arrived. Once seated staff acted as if they would rather be somewhere else. They'd congregate in the lounge and forget their job is to provide service...The food was poorly portioned and bad value. Salad was $20 but only a couple of leaves of lettuce. Sushi is sushi but you only get a few pieces.

Even when we asked for our bill it took a couple reminders to get the staff to stop socializing and actually bring it over.

The chef fancies he has created a trademarked fusion style, EUROBBEAN. I'd suggest it is a bust. We found nothing unique, special or tasty about any of the dishes we had.
Was a disappointing experience and the worst of out 14 nights out trying all the restaurants. On the walk back we actually stopped at another restaurant and had a much better experience and meal.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank seoulsoulman
Dallas, Texas
“You can just go for the Sushi...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

I had not realized what I had walked into when I went to this restaurant. I knew that it would be upscale but I was expecting it to be a little more casual then it was. We had just finished spending the day at Rodney Bay. I did not feel like going all the way home to get all dressed up and then drive all the way back. So we waited until the restaurant opened for dinner. (~6:30) So we arrive and literally the place is empty except for one table. Of course they ask if we have a reservation and of course we don’t. We are seated right next to the bay with an incredible view. They give us the menu and my mouth drops when I see the prices of the dinners. This place is a bit on the expensive side. But really all we were there was for was some Sushi. They had the sushi details only one page of the menu. We opted for the Chef’s Special Rolls Platter ($125 EC ~ $47 dollars) and some hot sake. There was no explanation of the rolls that you would be getting. All it said was “A daily composed mix of 3 exclusive rolls:Maki, Nori maki, Oramaki or Futomaki Served with Tataki”…okay I am fine with this but really a explanation of that these terms means would have been nice. Having said all of that the Sushi rolls that came out where exceptional. The perfect combination of both raw and cooked Sushi and it was the perfect amount for both of us. Fresh, delish and well worth it the visit to the restaurant. We gave out compliments directly to the Sushi chef. We thought it was even better than some places we tried in the US and the value was excellent as well. I think if I was to go to this restaurant again I would have dressed up more and probably made reservations.

• Visited May 2013
Manchester
“Pricey though loved the beautiful & unusual food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

Beautiful though expensive dining in a delightful hidden waterfront location. Food was stunningly presented. The rack of lamb was delicious. Main courses about £30 (or about $45 US) A little hard to find as its at the back of the Harmony Suites Hotel on Flamboyant Avenue in Rodney Bay. Worth it though.

Visited June 2013
Chaguanas
“Magnificence!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

Chef Bobo's eurobbean cuisine is nothing short of culinary excellence.

Location: This restaurant is located on the water's edge of the Rodney Bay Marina, right in the heart of Rodney Bay. It is behind Harmony Suites (on their compound) and is off the main road. It is very accessible from hotels around Rodney Bay and is a short 15 minute walk from public transportation. There is parking available, though not very much.

Ambience: The setting is incredibly romantic, although the waterside seating can become a bit windy for my taste. The lighting (both inside the restaurant and filtering from around the Marina) is charming. The restaurant is clean and tidy. The bar is a bit dated and could benefit from some fresh, unique glass work.

Service and Staff: What can I say but great things? I got the distinct impression that the staff enjoyed their jobs and enjoyed working at the restaurant as their positivity permeated their service. They made you feel special. They were friendly, knowledgeable and, it can't be said often enough, they tried! They were chatty when invited so to be and they were non-intrusive when preferred. The service was charming and my wife and I enjoyed it. Our server also took a fantastic picture of us (several times, to make sure she got it right). Service was always with a smile. The drink delivery was prompt and much appreciated.

Food: Eclectic and world class are two terms that come to mind. The appetizers were unique and gorgeously presented (a spectacular treat for the eyes and mouth. The sushi bar did not feel out of place at all and the quality was a welcome surprise! Very tasty and great presentation yet again!. The King Fish was perfectly cooked for my main course and my wife enjoyed her lamb, even though it was a little on the medium side when she requested medium rare.

For dessert, we enjoyed a trio of creme brulee which you really must experience.

All in all, The Edge was our favourite restaurant on the island, and we ate several of the high end ones.

The prices were not cheap, but not out of the ordinary for this level of stylish cuisine.

Kudos to Chef Bobo and all his staff. We would love to meet you in person next time!

• Visited June 2013