I stayed at Bay Gardens with a bunch of friends and we had the time of our lives. First off the staff was extremely courteous and helpful, the front desk was always available, and the beach security was so efficient that you could leave all your belongings on a beach chair as you swam in the sea. The rooms were beautiful, very spacious with lovely balconies, and the Air Conditioning was like a gift from GOD. The High Tide restaurant was amassing, I can honestly say we tried 80% of the food on the menu and it was delicious. Internet cafe was great, we wished it could be open 24hrs, but hey, I guess I shouldn't be so dependent on my hotmail, although the guy next to me brought his laptop and said they had free Wi FI. I would say the best thing about the Beach resort is the staff and LOCATION. Everything is walking distance from the hotel... bars, restaurants, banks, supermarket, liquor store, Pharmacy etc. we stayed at le Sport for 3 days and Sandals grand for 3 days as well, and I can honestly tell you Bay Gardens Beach resort is the better hotel. (1) Le Sport is very quite, reserved, and caterers to older people (especially people from the UK). The massage’s and body treatments are on their schedule, and can conflict with your plans for the day, not to mention that they are nothing different than the spa's in your city. The beach was horrible, rocky waters and little sand, but the food was good if you like health food. The biggest knock is the location, you are so far from everything else that the taxi's are expensive, and you end up just staying on the resort. (2) Sandal's grand was grand, an amassing place with all the trimmings, and it's all inclusive mostly for couples only. The biggest problem we had with sandlas is that you were in your own world. There is no way to tell if you are in St. Lucia, or Mexico as it is cut off from everything else. Whats the point of going to St. Lucia if you can't experience the culture and St. Lucian cuisine. If I had to spend my money again, we would have stayed put at the bay Gardens Beach resort for the staff, rooms, and locations.
P.S. as we were leaving they were finishing construction on a mega mall about 10 mins walk from Bay Gardens. I was told that there will be a Casino and Movie cinema in this mall, making the Bay Gardens Location even sweeter. I can't wait to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A magnificent island escape is waiting to welcome you. Stay at our inviting St. Lucia hotel, and experience true adventure, relaxation, and refreshment all in one place. The pleasures are many at Bay Gardens Beach Resort & Spa. Enjoy on-site dining at Hi-Tide Restaurant or SeaGrapes Beach Bar & Restaurant; stay active in our fitness centre; take a dip in our stunning lagoon-style swimming pool and Jacuzzi; or seek thrills with Splash Island Water Park, the largest outdoor water entertainment complex in St. Lucia. Mingling business and pleasure is easy at Bay Gardens Beach Resort, with complimentary access to our business centre, and well-equipped meeting rooms and venues for your next event. Wedding planners will be pleased to have the use of an elegant wedding gazebo and arch. And of course, seekers of pure relaxation won’t want to miss the chance for an invigorating afternoon at the luxurious La Mer Spa and Salon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Bay Gardens Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bay Gardens Beach Hotel Gros Islet
- Bay Gardens Beach Castries
- Bay Gardens Beach Resort St. Lucia/Gros Islet