I stayed at the BGBR with 5 other people. We shared two bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths, and a kitchen/LR/DR with each other. I enjoyed my stay at the BGBR solely because of the company. The resort was exactly what I expected. The service was great, the actual buildings / pool / beach / restaurant weren't anything to be amazed with. They keep the grounds really nice, but it's really just a big charade in my opinion. To add to this, St. Lucia was experiencing a drought when we were there, so of course that didn't help (water was turned off at night and was turned back on in the morning some nights). There were termites in our dining room table, and the beds were like a rock. The pool was mysteriously closed at night time (which made no sense to me, as we spent most of the day at the beach) despite having the lights on (maybe it's for the ambiance?) We ate at the restaurant (Hi-Tide) our first night, and the service was exactly as slow as expected. To add to that, two of my friends ordered a Turkey BLT, and only got the BLT (without any sort of explanation). My pasta with parmesan and crab was *alright*, but not worth the price. The incline to get into the water at the beach is extremely steep, making it awkward when you're getting out of the water. There are a TON of islanders trying to sell you things, so be wary of that. In terms of St. Lucia as a whole, I was a little bit disappointed (but I think this stems from my stay at the BGBR). I will not be going back there again. Stick with Sandals or a more exclusive place. It's exactly what I was expecting, but for the price we paid (we had a timeshare) it was worth it. I got a tan, and I saw another "tropical" island. Maybe I'll be back in the fall.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bay Gardens Beach Resort is an all-suite hotel with magnificent views of the stunning Caribbean Sea. The architecture of this private boutique and hip hotel is reminiscent of its colonial past, with a mixture of both Caribbean-French and Georgian plantation style, incorporating traditional elements of timbered balconies and verandas for that true Caribbean ambiance. This resort provides a luxurious and relaxing environment for guests with every possible modern facility. Suites are complete with full kitchens, modern bathroom fixtures and living and dining areas. All feature cable TV, DVD and CD players, high-speed internet access and Wi-Fi. The Bay Gardens Beach Resort... Your Window to Paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Bay Gardens Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bay Gardens Beach Hotel Gros Islet
- Bay Gardens Beach Castries
- Bay Gardens Beach Resort St. Lucia/Gros Islet