The staff were very welcoming, polite and friendly throughout our stay. We had a beachfront apartment which was well worth paying that little extra for, the view was stunning. There was ample space in the room for what we needed, and the bathroom was lovely and was cleaned daily. The gardens were well kept and maintained daily, the pool was lovely and always clean.
The reason for our stay was that it was a surprise for my husbands 50th birthday, which was on New Years Eve. I arranged for a champagne breakfast on the morning of his birthday, and all the restaurant staff came and sang happy birthday to him which reduced him to tears!!! We booked for the New Years Eve celebration at the hotel which was wonderful, the food was plentiful and varied - something for everyone, it was to a very high standard and even included ice sculptures. At midnight we all went onto the beach where there were fantastic firework displays going off around the resort - absolutely breathtaking.
I recommend that you take a walk up the road and try some of the restaurants - we had some really nice meals all to a high standard.
You do need to take into account that the pace of life here is very different to in the UK, so don't be surprised if you have to wait a while to get served at the bar in the hotel - they haven't quite grasped that we really do like a drink !!!
We truly had a a holiday to remember, and will definately be coming back. Totally relaxing and laid back. I would recommend this to anyone who enjoys beach holidays and those who just want to relax. There are plenty of other activities and trips that you can go on - we only did a couple - a day at Pigeon Island, a visit to Castries, and a trip to the rainforest. If you have any spare cash I recommend that you pay to take the helicopter ride back to the airport. Can't wait to go back next year.!!! Lindsay & Mike
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bay Gardens Beach Resort is an all-suite hotel with magnificent views of the stunning Caribbean Sea. The architecture of this private boutique and hip hotel is reminiscent of its colonial past, with a mixture of both Caribbean-French and Georgian plantation style, incorporating traditional elements of timbered balconies and verandas for that true Caribbean ambiance. This resort provides a luxurious and relaxing environment for guests with every possible modern facility. Suites are complete with full kitchens, modern bathroom fixtures and living and dining areas. All feature cable TV, DVD and CD players, high-speed internet access and Wi-Fi. The Bay Gardens Beach Resort... Your Window to Paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cancelon, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Bay Gardens Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bay Gardens Beach Hotel Gros Islet
- Bay Gardens Beach Castries
- Bay Gardens Beach Resort St. Lucia/Gros Islet