My wife and I spent the week of June 7 at Bay Gardens Beach Resort. It exceeded our expectations. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Terrence and the rest of the staff are great. We were greeted with rum punch for an easy check-in. We mentioned it was our anniversary month, and they sent up a bottle of champagne with local flowers. The non-moterized watersports are included and we kayaked, paddle boarded, and peddle boated. There are snorkeling opportunities near the rocks on the right side of the beach. The constant view of sailboats at the beach is really nice to look at. The ocean is beautiful and calm at this location and the beach is very nice and large. The pool and hot tub are very nice. It's beautifully landscaped, and not crowded. Our room was huge with a kitchen, living room, 2 TVs and 2 bathrooms, with a deck having a terrific view. Happy hour each day from 11-3, and 530-630 is nice with 2 for 1 drinks and good sunsets at the evening one. The only improvement I'd suggest is a larger, better menu/food at the only resort restaurant.
The location near Rodney Bay is fantastic. A short, safe walk into town gives you tons of good dining options, a mall, a grocery, etc. There's even a free shuttle from Bay Gardens. We had really good meals at Big Chef, Blue Olive, Buzz, and twice at Spinnakers, next door to Bay Gardens. The resort has a Caribbean night buffett with entertainment, which is nice. Some nights there might be other entertainment during happy hour evenings.
I highly recommend booking the Tout Bagay excursion through the hotel excursion company, Cox, with Beatrice. We had a terrific day sailing on the Mango Tango catamaran to Soufriere for sulpher springs mudbaths, sugar mill plantation tour, waterfall, snorkeling, view of the Pitons, etc. I also highly recommend taking the $15 water taxi from Bay Gardens to Pigeon Island, where you can snorkle, tour British ruins, hike 2 peaks (1 with British fort ruins), and have lunch at the restaurant.
We loved St. Lucia. It's beautiful, the people are friendly, and this resort is good.
Craig and Sandy Alter
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bay Gardens Beach Resort is an all-suite hotel with magnificent views of the stunning Caribbean Sea. The architecture of this private boutique and hip hotel is reminiscent of its colonial past, with a mixture of both Caribbean-French and Georgian plantation style, incorporating traditional elements of timbered balconies and verandas for that true Caribbean ambiance. This resort provides a luxurious and relaxing environment for guests with every possible modern facility. Suites are complete with full kitchens, modern bathroom fixtures and living and dining areas. All feature cable TV, DVD and CD players, high-speed internet access and Wi-Fi. The Bay Gardens Beach Resort... Your Window to Paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotwire, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Bay Gardens Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bay Gardens Beach Hotel Gros Islet
- Bay Gardens Beach Castries
- Bay Gardens Beach Resort St. Lucia/Gros Islet