“Outstanding Service”

Bay Gardens Beach Resort
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Gros Islet
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Carol and I went there for the first time based on Trip Advisor recommendations. We were not disappointed. The hotel staff were welcoming and friendly. They could not do enough for us. The beach was one of the best inthe world having pure sand bottom and very calm bay water. I would definitely rent a car while staying here to explore the island.
Food in the restaurant was terrific as well and reasonably priced.

We will definitely return to this place...for a honeymoon or anniversary, this is ideal.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
baygardensresorts, Guest Relations Manager at Bay Gardens Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to leave us a review on our property. Your comments are very much valued and greatly appreciated.

Its very humbling to find out that someone decided to visit us through the TripAdvisor recommendations and we are glad that we did not disappoint. We pride ourselves in having an amazing staff that continue to push our number one priority of guest comfort and happiness and we are glad you were no exception.

The entire staff is already excited and ready to welcome you back soon to your home away from home.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,226)

Reviewed June 14, 2014

Well we went back to BGR at the end of May for our anniversary and it could not have been better,and we checked in with a big St. Lucia welcome by Jackie and Nal at the front desk. We reserved a beach front room on the second floor so we could look out at the harbor in the morning and enjoy a cup of excellent coffee on the balcony and watch the grounds keepers spiffy up the beautiful beach. On the way in from the airport we had our driver stop at the IGA market at Baywallk Center to buy beer,water,OJ and breakfast snacks we changed money at the airport so we had some EC dollars or "beewee" British West Indies as we jokingly call it witch makes it easier to pay for whatever you purchase. Now to get down to the beach which you can throw a stone into the water from the balcony and claim a good spot near the shade trees and get a little table with a shelter on a pole over it and bring a cooler bag with water,beer and ice. Now it's time to run into the 84 degree F. ocean for a quick first dip of the day, I always bring my Ipod with a small Bluetooth speaker system and play my collection of Calypso,Soca,Reggae and other music while chilling out and we do plenty of it. Close to lunch time Shirley strolls down the beach with a large see through basket of Roti's which is like a burrito but has chicken,potatoes and curry and is really tasty, but make certain you get one from Shirley and you won't be sorry. BGR has a great security staff that makes certain that you are safe, but can't stop some of the locals from asking if you want to buy handmade crafts or local herbs, all you have to say is "I'm not interested today" and you won't be bothered anymore. One of the locals comes by in a small 12 ft. boat and sells bananas,mangos ,oranges etc. and has cilantro,mint,basil and growing on the roof of the vessel so you can wade in the water and buy from him or just take photos. Around 3:00 we head for the big circular pool to enjoy a fresh water dip and have a cocktail at the bar and chat with some of the interesting guests and make new friends and find out where they come from. One thing that we like is that there is a nice class of people that do not wear their ball caps backwards and are not all "inked" out. We are not snobs and like to joke around especially me with a " Rasta" wig and zombie eyes and I like to do coin tricks and other silly magic stunts and after 2 days everybody knows me especially the security staff like Kimron and Margaret . Just ask Kimron to smile with his "special" teeth that Dick gave him if you want a good laugh everyone who works at BGR has a great attitude and a bigger smile. In the evening for dinner there are some fantastic places within walking distance of BGR just read the St. Lucia magazine in your room for what you may be in the mood for close by and near the center of town there is a knock your socks off gourmet food store called LG Foodmarket it is in the group of buildings that the casino is in. This market has a selection of items that rival any US fine food stores such as pate's ,cheeses,pastry,prepared food,wines,liquors,Florida OJ,and more my jaw dropped when I saw what they had to offer. So don't waste time going to other islands St. Lucia is by far the best with BGR shining like the brightest star in the sky,just tell them Dick the crazy guy from Florida sent you.

Room Tip: upper floor ocean front
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dixtr

Thank you for visiting us again at Bay Gardens Bach Resort and taking the time to leave us a review on our property. I can assure you your comments are very much valued and appreciated by our entire staff.

We are glad that we can help in celebrating this momentous occasion and that we provided our expected warm welcome. Thank you as well for giving such a detailed review so that our other guests can have a feel and plan their options accordingly when they visit or those who are deciding where to go can understand exactly what our property provides.

It was also very nice to meet you and chat for a while and from the entire staff at Bay Gardens Beach Resort, we can't wait to welcome you back to your home away from home and catch up once again.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

I had the privilege of spending four nights and five days at this prestigious resort. Even though, I was there strictly for work, it was worth the time. The room I stayed in was lovely,my view was breath taking, the food was great, the surrounding was spotless, there was full internet access and the room came equipped with just the right things. The beach was just there, looking at me and I love the fact that it was in walking distance of their own little mall.

The staff, both at the front desk and restaurant were exceptional; quite professional and courteous if I may add: Jackie, Nal, Olive, Val, Ereka and Vaughn, just to name a few. They made the stay felt like home. It's as if I never even left my own country.

I would definitely encourage others to take the time out and visit, in addition, I am pretty sure that I myself will return; but this time not for work.

Thumbs up everyone and keep up the great work. My experience was ecstatic!!!!!!!!!!!

B. Matthew (905) June 8-12, 2014

Room Tip: Rooms facing the beach are lovely and probably spacious. They have great views and are pretty much c...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Sherema M
baygardensresorts, Guest Relations Manager at Bay Gardens Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our property, your comments are very much valued and appreciated.

It was our privilege to have you as a guest at our Resort and I will be sure to pass on the wonderful comments to the staff you mentioned. We would also like to thank you for your faith and encouragement of our property and we look forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

We enjoyed Bay Gardens Beach Resort so much the first time that we came back. Our room was lovely, the staff as friendly and helpful as ever. We aren't big on group activities so the pace suits us. One lovely evening with jazz on the beach.

EXCEPT when we checked in for our first stay we were told about the Frequent Stay Program. We filled out the forms and were told that our next stay would come under the program. When we checked in this time I asked and was told that we were not enrolled and would have to fill out the form again - which we did - and that we would receive cards or something in the mail. Well, we were there in February and it is now June. We have no stayed for a total of 10 nights and have no Frequent Stay credit.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 12, 2014

I was attending a conference at the Bay Gardens Resort. When I looked online I thought it was on the beach, but it turns out that there are 3 properties and we were at the Bay Gardens hotel which is not on the beach. The hotel was nice, people were very friendly and the rooms were clean. It was about a 15 minute walk to the beach but there is a shuttle that will take you to the beach resort. If I would return I would definitely stay at the beach resort rather than the hotel. But it was a very nice place to have a conference!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank sherdave5
Reviewed June 12, 2014

We had 3 nights in room 909, top floor Scallop building right at the end overlooking the beach. Fantastic view, lovely room with 2 queen beds. Couldn't get the King room we requested, possibly because we arrived on a late evening flight from Trinidad. The bed was a bit soft with a distinct roll into the middle feel but the room was very clean with tea/coffee making facilities (teabags etc. refilled every day by very efficient housekeeping staff). Good aircon and great shower with plenty fresh towels. Fantastic buffet breakfast every morning included in our 3night rate. Eggs of your choice cooked to order. Best poached eggs I have ever had from a hotel! Breakfast was served in the HiTide restaurant by the beach...great start to the day. Lovely, friendly helpful staff. Nothing was too much bother. The beach area is clean. Lovely shallow, calm sea, plenty loungers and drinks served by the ever present Vaughn. Happy hour/s every day between 11am and 4pm and a lovely lady on the beach selling freshly made rotis (the fish roti was amazing). Only a couple of small negative points..to the right as we looked out from our balcony is a large plot on which the hotel have put a kids play area but also use it as a bit of a storage area. It is very unsightly but am sure could be easily remedied. There was EXTREMELY loud music played until 2am on Friday and Saturday nights at a bar accross the road from Bay Gardens. Not much the hotel can do about that but if you are a light sleeper, beware! We had a fantastic weekend lazing on the beach and also exploring Pigeon Island. Jambs de Bois restaurant on Pigeon Island is a must visit for lunch or just a drink after scaling Lookout Point. We would definitely go back to Bay Gardens Beach Resort. One of the nicest hotels we have stayed at in the Caribbean

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
baygardensresorts, Guest Relations Manager at Bay Gardens Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

I would like to first thank you for taking the time to review our property, your comments are very much valued and help us to continue aiming for our goal to provide the best in guest comfort and happiness.

It is unfortunate that we could not get you the type of bedding you required, and sometimes this is out of our control when our occupancy is high. I will pass on your compliments on breakfast to our kitchen staff, they will be thrilled to hear that their eggs are on of the best.

I understand that our small back lot has been a sore sight for a while now, but rest assure we do have plans currently been discussed on improving that area. We have no control in regards to the loud music until 2 am and its just something that is out of our hands.

We hope you can join us once again in the not to distant future so we can welcome you back from your home away from home.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

Our first week of our first visit to St. Lucia was very special thanks to the quality of the resort and the friendly attentiveness of the staff. Lovely 2 bedroom unit was Poolside with a great view of the ocean and Pigeon Island. Unit was very clean and housekeeping kept it that way daily. Activities were light (we were at the beginning of low season) but sufficient for what we wanted.

For those reviewing with comments on distance from the airport... that's the way it is on St Lucia as most of the resorts are on the Northern end of the island.

The restaurant provided us with a decent variety of food at fair prices - yes, the service was a bit slow but not much different from any other island we've visited. Hey, you're on vacation - sit back and enjoy the slower pace.

It was great to walk to the other restaurants in the area and to be able to walk to the grocery store and shops in Rodney Bay.

We did do the trek to Soufrierres 2x's to enjoy snorkeling and a sailboat trip - the road makes the airport road seem tame but well worth the effort.

Cheryl and Jackie - thanks for your care !!!!!

Room Tip: Call the resort and talk to the staff... they will do their best to give you what you want. Keep in...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for our property. Your comments are very much valued and appreciated. We really pride ourselves in having a wonderful and caring staff that makes sure their priority is your comfort and happiness.

We have been working on a few training sessions on quick responsive service and in time, I am confident that you will have not only quick but excellent service at our restaurants and still have the time to enjoy your vacation.

I will also pass on your compliments to Cheryl and Jackie as well as the entire staff and we can't wait to welcome you back to Bay Gardens Beach Resort, your home away from home!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gros Islet
#2 of 5 in Cap Estate
Stonefield Villa Resort
Stonefield Villa Resort
#6 of 11 in Soufriere

Been to Bay Gardens Beach Resort? Share your experiences!